Windows 8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Dri94

Oct 9, 2011
Florida
well tablets with keyboards are not tablets but simply laptops or ultra books. I think e need to understand the fact that we can't take out keyboard from our lives.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda app-developers app

your forgetting its not a normal keyboard. Its no different in size amd weight than the ipads smart cover. Actually its thinner. A keyboard attachment would yea he cumbersome. But the keyboards microsoft has in mind are simply covers with added in keyboard functionality. The surface is the future. Its tablet, but the keyboard cover. Thats microsfts vision. Surface will he slow to catch but i believe it will take away the ultrabook market and little tablet. I think people were just envisioning the old style keyboard attachments lol. The 3mm cover style igenius and not something extra to carry around.

Remember when Windows used to be the best OS? They're not anymore. Why would you purchase their phones?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

??? If you mean mobile then correct. But for laptop and desktops. No other OS comes close.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

squidder

Apr 3, 2008
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold3
Thank you amen.

You either know how to stay virus free or don't.

I've not had one in 10 years. Of course they don't know how it happened because they have no concept of safe computing.

You don't have to open those attachments and no you aren't a contest winner. On top of that, there are no websites that know you are infected. No, clicking that button in the popup will not fix your computer.

If folks have trouble with viruses, go to OS X so you don't have to learn common sense computing.

I know its harsh but someone has to say it.

It irks me when people blame an OS for viruses. You are right though, moron was too strong. Noob is better.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app

---------- Post added at 04:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:29 AM ----------

Keyboards will come out that you can fold up easily too. I had one for an old ass nextel phone. Was badass back in the day. Had a piece that connected to our phone and it sat docked.

your forgetting its not a normal keyboard. Its no different in size amd weight than the ipads smart cover. Actually its thinner. A keyboard attachment would yea he cumbersome. But the keyboards microsoft has in mind are simply covers with added in keyboard functionality. The surface is the future. Its tablet, but the keyboard cover. Thats microsfts vision. Surface will he slow to catch but i believe it will take away the ultrabook market and little tablet. I think people were just envisioning the old style keyboard attachments lol. The 3mm cover style igenius and not something extra to carry around.

??? If you mean mobile then correct. But for laptop and desktops. No other OS comes close.

Jun 13, 2012
Levelland
I would never in a million years use a windows 8 or windows anything phone. Right now it just looks like the bastard child of the iPhone. Locked down ecosystem with little modding ability only this time the UI looks like sh*** and the baggage of Microsoft's screwing you over reputation.

Plus Blue Screens of Death would not be a good feature for a phone.

Now maybe I might be interested if they made a x86 intel based phone that had a version of Windows 8 on it that can run most legacy Windows apps and games along with that Metro crap. Then perhaps it could then find use as my PC + Phone abilities. :p

They could make a little dock for said phone and then I could use a few USB devices and a Monitor, keyboard and mouse. And bam, my phone is now my desktop computer. :D

Last edited:

dannejanne

Mar 23, 2011
Norrköping, Sweden
Windows Phones are nice to use. The OS is so much smoother than Android will probably ever be and it looks modern and dark. That said I prefer Android because of the freedom it has.

vbauer86

Feb 14, 2012
I'm to much into Google-thing

If Google would bring up the new OS for PC i would instantly switch, just because of the harmony with my phone (sync, same ui...)

So hopefully i'll get rid of that metropieceof**** win8 on my PC soon.

TechGuyDev

Feb 4, 2013
Puri
I have a gnex and I like it, a lot. These windows phones coming out look pretty cool and their just now catching up with some hardware specs us android users are used to. What do you guys think of these windows phones? Im curious to know the app development for the OS. Thats the only thing keeping me away. Your thoughts?

Windows phones are looking preety but its not giving so much freedom like Android . People buying windows phones then hate the phones . Thanx to google that he made amazing android phones for everyone .. :D:cowboy:

M

m.kochan10

The best OS. It's kinda subjective. Well if you are some sort of software developer then I guess you're right. I've my old laptop with windows which I only use for operations like flashing phones via Odin or running RUU-files. Otherwise I use my macbook, I bought in september 2011. I don't even consider upgrading. I think Mac OS is much more user friendly for an average user and perhaps even more stable than Windows. The only pain in the ass are still less and more expensive programs. But except lack of programs like Odin I must admit Mac OS cooperates with my all androids very well.

Last edited:

dancingtortoise

Oct 16, 2009
I bought a cheap lumia 710 last year to try out windows phone. I have to say that I enjoyed it. The os is so smooth and beautiful. The lack of apps was def a downer, how is instagram still not on windows phone? Also the fact I couldn't d.l email attachments. I don't know if that's changed. But being a rooted android user it was kind of nice not constantly looking for a new rom or new tweaks to flash. The neat thing about it tho is you can buy a cheap ass windows phone and the os is still going to run smoothly. I still prefer my galaxy nexus but if I had to choose between a cheaply made android phone or a cheaply made windows phone I'd choose the windows phone BC the experience will be better.

Just my 2 cents.

jadephyre

Jan 30, 2008
Moers
Samsung Galaxy A33
Is Instagram now a killer-argument for not buying a phone ? :p

But to stay on topic: I tried WP7/8 a few times, and it is really smooth, but for me the Interface was a bit jumbled at times. I don't really like it when my icons are just floating in "mid-air" basically. There's just too much "empty" going on in the interface.

Not that I want my interface all cluttered up like some OEM's think it needs to be.

dancingtortoise

Oct 16, 2009
Is Instagram now a killer-argument for not buying a phone ? :p

But to stay on topic: I tried WP7/8 a few times, and it is really smooth, but for me the Interface was a bit jumbled at times. I don't really like it when my icons are just floating in "mid-air" basically. There's just too much "empty" going on in the interface.

Not that I want my interface all cluttered up like some OEM's think it needs to be.

Its not BC I did buy it. But it goes to show that such popular apps are just present on windows phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    So you like locked down garbage that will never actually be updated?

Good for you.

I hear "windows" i think "virus" .... no thanks.

That's funny because when I hear "infected" the first word that comes to mind is "noob.".
    Not even remotely interesting. User interface is atrocious.
    I respect you for who you are and what you do for this community, but so many people get a virus\malware\spyware infection on windows machines and have no idea how it happened. Average people...yes...morons... probably not.

You either know how to stay virus free or don't.

I've not had one in 10 years. Of course they don't know how it happened because they have no concept of safe computing.

You don't have to open those attachments and no you aren't a contest winner. On top of that, there are no websites that know you are infected. No, clicking that button in the popup will not fix your computer.

If folks have trouble with viruses, go to OS X so you don't have to learn common sense computing.

I know its harsh but someone has to say it.

It irks me when people blame an OS for viruses. You are right though, moron was too strong. Noob is better.
    I hear "windows" i think "virus" .... no thanks.