How to fix fully bricked/fastboot failure/CID error on Motorola Razr (XT190S)

Search This thread

Lincoln357

Oct 13, 2008
Yep unfortunately that's the problem right now. It can only boot with 'bp tools' option. The only thing you can normally boot it is to install a BMM or SS recovery so that it can bypass through booting the CID error without encountering the black screen. As of now, I don't have the required stuff to fix it and don't have the knowledge to find what's behind that problem. The device (Motorola Razr) is not mine, I just fixed it for my friend. I think we can only live with the recovery installed because without it, it's impossible to boot the device normally without CID.

Take note, booting with BP tools is like booting in safe mode, it does not save any progress you made after you customize some stuff on the main screen itself.

Don't worry, no one found the solution to boot the device normally without the CID, but installing SS works just fine, if you don't mind seeing that screen saying "error blah blah..." for a couple of seconds.

Sent from my XT910 using Tapatalk

Reactions: JovieBrett

NabeelSaleem

Nov 20, 2014
play.google.com
Not working! check screenshot please

Hi to all Razr users here! I know some of you have seen me that posts alot of questions and asking for a help on different forums and threads here in Motorola Razr world and now it's my time to give a contribution on how to fix a Moto Razr from being fully bricked with an error of 'CID error' or '0X0056' error. (YAY! JUST FIXED MINE A WHILE AGO!)

Scenario:
-My device is in stock 2.3.5 Gingerbread firmware.
-I've tried to flash a JB 4.1.2 firmware on my device via RSD lite v6.x
-My device got stuck and won't boot and got the '0X0056' error causing to not get past the Motorola logo.

Instructions on how to fix:
-In my own experience, you don't need to have a backup of your CID because it is not needed on the flashing stages.
-Make sure your device is still alive and has still juice to power the battery on.
-Download a firmware of your choice http://sbf.droid-developers.org/phone.php?device=10 (I've downloaded the fifth one *Fido Canada*)
-Extract the .xml file inside the firmware, open with notepad++ and delete the line where 'CDT.bin' exists then put it back to the firmware .zip
-Extract also the 'allow-mbmloader-flashing-mbm.bin' file.
-Make a .bat file using notepad and write this fastboot commands:
Code:
echo off
pause
fastboot erase cid.img
fastboot flash mbm allow-mbmloader-flashing-mbm.bin
fastboot erase userdata
fastboot reboot-bootloader
pause
echo on
(Make sure you have the latest fastboot files from Android SDK tools and have 'allow-mbmloader-flashing-mbm.bin' file within it, these stuff must be in the same folder)
-Connect your device and boot in AP fastboot then ran the command.
Note: I've ran this without any 'ERROR' code which prevents the files from wrtiting.
-Just stay connected with the device.
-Use the RSD lite and use the firmware you downloaded.
-Now click start.
-When you saw the device being shown with 'CID error' DO NOT DISCONNECT THE DEVICE, JUST LET IT GO ERRORING ITSELF.
-Wait for at least 30 seconds, after that the device will shutdown then it will boot again and you will see an Android is somewhat upgrading stuff. (YAY! this is the progress I've ****ted all the way off!)
-Press power button, volume down and up simultaneously and boot with BP tools.
-Wait and you'll see your device is reviving and booting again!
Note: To prevent the annoying 'CID error', someone said we must install BMM or SS recovery in order to get past and avoid that error whenever we reboot our device.
That's all! Happy fixing! Hope it helped you!

Notes:

I followed all your steps ... after running .bat file i flash with rsd lite but failing motoboot.img every time..
please guide me how can i back my Droid razr xt912 --- verizon 4g LTE

@JovieBrett @sd_shadow or please any other android professional help me!!!
check the screenshot below

Screenshot_36.png

:confused::confused::confused::confused:

Last edited:
Reactions: craiglerr

NabeelSaleem

Nov 20, 2014
play.google.com
Hi to all Razr users here! I know some of you have seen me that posts alot of questions and asking for a help on different forums and threads here in Motorola Razr world and now it's my time to give a contribution on how to fix a Moto Razr from being fully bricked with an error of 'CID error' or '0X0056' error. (YAY! JUST FIXED MINE A WHILE AGO!)

Scenario:
-My device got stuck and won't boot and got the '0X0056' error causing to not get past the Motorola logo.

-In my own experience, you don't need to have a backup of your CID because it is not needed on the flashing stages.
-Make sure your device is still alive and has still juice to power the battery on.
-Download a firmware of your choice http://sbf.droid-developers.org/phone.php?device=10 (I've downloaded the fifth one *Fido Canada*)
-Extract the .xml file inside the firmware, open with notepad++ and delete the line where 'CDT.bin' exists then put it back to the firmware .zip
Code:
echo off
pause
fastboot erase cid.img
fastboot erase userdata
pause
echo on
(Make sure you have the latest fastboot files from Android SDK tools and have 'allow-mbmloader-flashing-mbm.bin' file within it, these stuff must be in the same folder)
Note: I've ran this without any 'ERROR' code which prevents the files from wrtiting.
-Now click start.
-When you saw the device being shown with 'CID error' DO NOT DISCONNECT THE DEVICE, JUST LET IT GO ERRORING ITSELF.
-Wait for at least 30 seconds, after that the device will shutdown then it will boot again and you will see an Android is somewhat upgrading stuff. (YAY! this is the progress I've ****ted all the way off!)
Note: To prevent the annoying 'CID error', someone said we must install BMM or SS recovery in order to get past and avoid that error whenever we reboot our device.

Notes:

After all these steps my xt912 finally comeback to life.... BUT it keeps crash/hang and stuck on any time....
can anybody guide me what should i do to stop crashing?
Thanks

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Scenario:

Code:
    echo off
    pause
    fastboot erase cid.img
    fastboot erase userdata
    pause
    echo on
    -Now click start.

Notes:
    Whatever happens before flashing anything, ALWAYS MAKE A BACKUP OF CID.

Remove that bootlogo & boot your device without BP tools you can do this - http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2406867 .It removes CID err on bootlogo & you can boot normally. But if your bootlogo will be changed error will appear again. So you'll need to flash fix everytime your bootlogo changes...
    Good... Congrats buddy! :) :good: :highfive:

!

A little addition to this guide based on personal experience:
    I did this in several firmwares trying to unbrick my device but after CDT.bin deletion, RSD Lite won't start the flashing process followed by the message sayng that "some files are missing from original package" and "please add/replace them" or "try another package" etc etc
    In that case, the ONLY thing that can help you unbrick your device is CID deletion via fastboot, letting you flash any firmware you want (the question is, however, which of them will actually boot after completing the flashing process without errors.
    I tried several firmwares, actually all GSM versions and the only one that booted was Taiwanese stock retail ICS. After that, I upgraded stock FW to JB 4.1.2, again trying several FWs and this time the only one that booted was stock retail JB 4.1.2 for United Kingdom (?!). But, this doesn't matter much as long as you can unbrick your device, boot the stock, root it and install custom recovery and after that the choice is yours. My device was bricked the worst possible way (erased boot, system, data, recovery partitions and tables, all gone except fastboot, with a dying and unchargeable battery. So, I made the "factory cable" myself and started from scratch. After a fair amount of trouble, I did it, what you can see from my signature.
    Anyway, deleting CID is no big thing, and trust me, you won't be missing it at all. If that's the price for making your device work again just go ahead, I think it's worth it.
    Very detailed guide. Might come in handy.

DROID RAZR with Tapatalk 4
    Make backup of CID...

Does anyone tried that method, to make backup your CID?

If your XT910S/K soft bricked why not to try by flashing XT910 2.3.6 system.img? It should boot to Retail XT910 2.3.6 with XT910S/K kernel.
    If you get boot you can try rooting it & backup CID with Terminal Emulator. When erase it...

Still... with ics(jb) you'll need be with erased CID, but having backup never hurts... I just wanna to help people save unique CID.