Fingerprint Scanner buggy?

Search This thread

YoungAceAtlanta

Feb 8, 2009
New York, NY
instagram.com
Am i the only one having problems with the Fingerprint scanner not working? i mean it works far as detecting my fingerprint but it only ask for my fingerprint once to unlock the device not multiple times after i lock my device

karmuh

Jan 15, 2014
Orange County, NY
Am i the only one having problems with the Fingerprint scanner not working? i mean it works far as detecting my fingerprint but it only ask for my fingerprint once to unlock the device not multiple times after i lock my device

Do you mean that once you unlock your device using the fingerprint, and then lock your device, it doesn't ask for the fingerprint again? If so, that's because you need to change the "secured lock time". It's under Settings > Lock screen > Secured Lock Time. Set the timer lower or have it instantly lock whenever the display turns off.

Reactions: edditnyc

MattMJB0188

Apr 30, 2011
Do you mean that once you unlock your device using the fingerprint, and then lock your device, it doesn't ask for the fingerprint again? If so, that's because you need to change the "secured lock time". It's under Settings > Lock screen > Secured Lock Time. Set the timer lower or have it instantly lock whenever the display turns off.

This is what I had to do. It is unfortunate the fingerprint reader only lets you register 3 fingers.

YoungAceAtlanta

Feb 8, 2009
New York, NY
instagram.com
Not multiple times? Not sure I understand?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using xda app-developers app

Sorry i meant when i lock my device after unlocking it with my fingerprint the device does not require my print again.

Thanks that fixed it. Didn't see that option

Dark_Vortex

Nov 7, 2010
It's been my experience so far that the default setting out of the box allows you to unlock the phone for a few minutes without requiring a fingerprint just in case you locked your phone & forgot to one last thing.

Of course, I can see the benefit of setting the time-out for this feature if one has a very suspicious mate or is doing things to warrant a mate to be suspicious. ;)

Dark_Vortex

Nov 7, 2010
I'm surprised, the reviews made it seems like fingerprint wasn't reliable but it's great. Even had my girlfriend try it. No GS5 for her. :)

If you watch some of the video reviews, not all...but some, it looks like they were trying to make it malfunction on purpose to make it look bad.

I still get a bad read every once in awhile, but I'm at probably a 99% success rate. I'm *very* pleased.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.