[Q] Is the phone too big for one-handed use?

Search This thread

doxeno

Jul 4, 2014
I'm considering getting this phone. It's available for preorder where I live. Although I am a bit concerned about the large screen size which is 5.5 inches. Is it still comfortable? I know that bigger is better when it comes to viewing experience, but do you get used to it eventually? I currently own a blackberry (lol) so this will be a major shift for me.

Thanks. :good:

reignlw

Jul 14, 2014
Asian user suggest you that one hand is not enough...

Sent from my HTC D816t using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

=Oberon=

Aug 26, 2010
I'm considering getting this phone. It's available for preorder where I live. Although I am a bit concerned about the large screen size which is 5.5 inches. Is it still comfortable? I know that bigger is better when it comes to viewing experience, but do you get used to it eventually? I currently own a blackberry (lol) so this will be a major shift for me.

Thanks. :good:

doxeno:
I got the phone yesterday,the LTE single SIM grey one.

When having a play with a demo one in the shop I thought "wow,it sure is big,nice to have the bigger screen but perhaps the actual phone is a little to big".
And Im sure you are thinking the same thing.
Well after only one day I can tell you it's not a big issue,you get used to it real quick and it won't bother you.
(Unless perhaps you have very small hands but even then I think you will get used to it quick)

Cant I ask where are you from? Only asking cause Im in AUS and I got it through Optus.
Perhaps you are similar situation?

doxeno

Jul 4, 2014
doxeno:
I got the phone yesterday,the LTE single SIM grey one.

When having a play with a demo one in the shop I thought "wow,it sure is big,nice to have the bigger screen but perhaps the actual phone is a little to big".
And Im sure you are thinking the same thing.
Well after only one day I can tell you it's not a big issue,you get used to it real quick and it won't bother you.
(Unless perhaps you have very small hands but even then I think you will get used to it quick)

Cant I ask where are you from? Only asking cause Im in AUS and I got it through Optus.
Perhaps you are similar situation?

I'm from Indonesia. The 816 just hit stores this month. I am a male and my hands are big enough. I've tried holding similarly sized phones like the LG G3 and even Samsung Note 3. Honestly it's not that bad to hold! But 6 inches and up? Like the T2 Ultra? That's just ridiculous for me. So thanks for the answer! The 816 will arrive at my doorstep in one or two days, I can't wait to get my hands on it! :laugh:

=Oberon=

Aug 26, 2010
I've tried holding similarly sized phones like the LG G3 and even Samsung Note 3
The Note 3 is actually a little shorter,not quite as tall as the 816 even the though the screen is 5.7"
Bute the 816 is a little thinner and a little narrower on the width front.

Still,the 816 is great value for money.

dohanotoha

Feb 20, 2012
The Note 3 is actually a little shorter,not quite as tall as the 816 even the though the screen is 5.7"
Bute the 816 is a little thinner and a little narrower on the width front.

Still,the 816 is great value for money.
I thought they are both 5.5" !

Anyway , the note is wider while the 816 is taller. This is probably the main reason why I got in the first place.

I guess holding a real one will be the best advice for those who are not sure whether to buy it or not.

=Oberon=

Aug 26, 2010
If the Note 3 had the HTC boom sound speakers it would almost be the perfect phone :good: