Lag/Stutter after 24 hours

Search This thread

edif30

Jul 31, 2012
Hi all, I am wondering if anyone is experiencing this same issue. First I will say my phone is rooted and that is my only change to the device from a stock perspective. I am also only using Google apps at this time (except for XDA and BBC news).

The issue I am having is even out of the box and post rooting my device, the phone is stellar and is fluid and responsive. At around the 24 hour mark, usually when I wake up... The phone is laggy and has screen hiccups/stutters. A simple reboot and the issue is gone for another 24 hours. But will always come back.

I've looked at battery usage and nothing is out of the ordinary. I've looked at running processes via terminal and I can not come up with anything. During times of lag it seems the phone is near idle with regards to CPU and memory. Doesn't make sense.

Question is, is this a case of the bloat or is this a wide spread issue? Is there a way to diagnose this further?

Rippley05

May 11, 2010
The phone does lag and stutter. Some people say they don't experience it, others say they do.

edif30

Jul 31, 2012
The phone does lag and stutter. Some people say they don't experience it, others say they do.

Agreed, I'm just curious why it goes away after a reboot, then 24 hours later its back. It's almost like something is getting hung up or building up to where it begins to lag. The other thing I thought about was if it has something to do with the screen being off for x amount of hours and going into a lower fps/resolution/CPU, etc to save on battery. I saw that thread about battery saving feature and lowering fps. Would make some sense of it all. I'm hesitant to apply the workaround and keep a static 60fps.