[Q] ADB Push and internal storage

Search This thread

thenighthawk

Sep 3, 2014
Hi all,

I accidentally deleted internal storage while I was trying to flash paranoid android on my Nexus 5. I then managed to push the ROM.zip back into my phone's internal storage using ADB Push. I installed the ROM but after the ROM installed, the zip file is no longer in the internal storage. What happened to the zip package? Where did it go?

Thanks for your help in advance.

danarama

Aug 22, 2010
Oxenhope, West Yorkshire, UK
Sorry
The media dir is blank. I used the command as ADB push ROM.zip /sdcard

It isn't blank. You're just using a file explorer without permissions to view it.

If you used CWM recovery when you adb pushed, its as already state by @Aerowinder... . In /data/media because CWM recovery still mounts /sdcard as /data/media instead of what android 4.2+ mounts it as which is /data/media/0

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

thenighthawk

Sep 3, 2014
It isn't blank. You're just using a file explorer without permissions to view it.

If you used CWM recovery when you adb pushed, its as already state by @Aerowinder... . In /data/media because CWM recovery still mounts /sdcard as /data/media instead of what android 4.2+ mounts it as which is /data/media/0

I used TWRP v2.6.3
I will look in TWRP Mount settings if I can configure the permissions.

danarama

Aug 22, 2010
Oxenhope, West Yorkshire, UK
Just boot into android and use a proper file explorer with root access.

Or you can use adb and Linux command line to

mount /data
ls /data/media

To see if the file is there.

Also I know with Philz recovery when you formatted /sdcard, the 0 folder from /data/media/0 was gone leaving only /data/media (until a commit was made to recreate 0) so its possible TWRP does the same making /sdcard temporarily mount to /data/media

Anyway not sure where it is if its not there

No don't change to CWM