[Q] SKYPE crackling

Search This thread

richiesuk

Apr 15, 2012
leeds
hi all,

just got m new suberb one s, but using skype is a nightmare..
it makes crackling noise even during dialling :confused:
anyone noticed the same fault?

navigon also gave me the same error.

but..games, videos, movies are ok (sygic too)

thnks
ric

greenkabbage

Jan 8, 2009
Yup, have the same issue. Skype sound quality is terrible.
I think Skype has to fix their app to properly work with the phone.

Black One S, bought in Germany w/o branding

D

Deleted member 2331866

I have the same issues, Skype and GTA have a crackling sound. HTC suggested a factoryrest , didn't help though ....

encho

Jul 10, 2010
Nope. Had Skype on my sgs with ICS, no problems whatsoever. Or any of the games. Beats audio issue maybe?

FunkyELF

Sep 30, 2009
horrible here too

It is way bad on my phone too.

Perhaps Beats Audio, are there any ROMs out there without Beats? Maybe it works on the CM9 port.

sharkoparko

Mar 8, 2011
Houston, TX USA
wow

Bad, bad call quality on skype T-mobile USA. Didn't the quality control engineers test all features. This is very popular app. All of this support phone #s for t-mo and HTC are not helpful. I called T-mo for another issue and told them it's not just me people reporting such and such problems on web sites. Their response: "that does not mean this problem exist, I have tested 3 devices here and they are problem free" ...wtf

Last edited:

jaywhy13

Mar 15, 2012
I think it's probably feedback related. I heard humming and crackling. Both stopped after I started using my headphones.

ezcape68

Aug 27, 2010
Had the same problem with Skype. I only use Google talk now, video is clearer, sound is better

artur1973

Mar 1, 2012
Ics Skype crackling

Hi All,

Have the same problem with my Sensation after ICS update, did you find any solution , what is the cause ? :(