Windows 8.1 drivers Fastboot/ADB

Search This thread

jtio21

May 3, 2013
I am having trouble getting my windows 8.1 pc to recognize my Droid DNA. I installed android SDK, installed HTC Sync then removed it it so I would still have the drivers. I have tried universal drivers and another tool I found on the thread but to no avail anybody who knows how to get the device recognized on windows 8.1 and knows how to root the phone could answer. Help would be appreciated. I have went through the process on other htc phones but this one is a little complicated.

mopartonyg

Jan 19, 2011
L.A. Area
I am having trouble getting my windows 8.1 pc to recognize my Droid DNA. I installed android SDK, installed HTC Sync then removed it it so I would still have the drivers. I have tried universal drivers and another tool I found on the thread but to no avail anybody who knows how to get the device recognized on windows 8.1 and knows how to root the phone could answer. Help would be appreciated. I have went through the process on other htc phones but this one is a little complicated.

I have been trying to do that for 3 months with no luck. Ther are 2 or 3 threads here that talk about 8.1 not seeing your phone. I don't think there is a fix until HTC releases updated windows drivers. I use Linux to fastboot my DNA. Sorry I did not have better news

jtio21

May 3, 2013
I have been trying to do that for 3 months with no luck. Ther are 2 or 3 threads here that talk about 8.1 not seeing your phone. I don't think there is a fix until HTC releases updated windows drivers. I use Linux to fastboot my DNA. Sorry I did not have better news

Alright thank you looks like ill have to run a dual boot or find an old windows 7 pc. But I did manage to get ADB to work. But i couldn't get the computer to recognize the phone once in fastboot.

jamiethemorris

Jan 7, 2013
I feel like xda should have a thread in all the forums about this... It's been a problem for a lot of users. Glad you got it figured out.

Sent from my Droid DNA using Tapatalk

whskytango

Feb 24, 2014
Bay City
Ahhh I just ended up downgrading to 7 after a month of frustration now I can do as I please lol

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using xda app-developers app