[Q] Xperia Sola dead! No fastboot mode, only red light!

Search This thread

brimbi

May 18, 2013
Hi guys, please help me...I can't buy a new device
My device is Xperia sola, and i have CM 11. But this morning it died, it was blocked on xperia logo (It was working well before it)
I tried hard reset and now i can't turn on it. I tried to flash kernel but there is no fast boot mode. The only response of my device is when i try to turn on (only a red light, then nothing). I'm trying to charge it but there is no light....Help me please...i can't buy a new device.

Gladiomortis

May 6, 2014
I will wait hours for charging.
Anyway, do you know other solution? It's very strange it's bricked! I didn't flash anything new and cm11 was working well!

Sorry brimbi i can't help you any further than this, i'm not experienced in this field and only started a couple of days ago, this guide explains about soft & hard resets as well as brick symptoms, i hope it helps... http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1849170

If you're using cm11 you should be able to boot into recover right?

nundoo

Nov 22, 2011
Bucharest
This happened to me today. Last night I left my phone charging on my PC through the USB port. PC was off, but USB is still powered. Phone was on.
The next morning, after I woke up I noticed that when I pressed the power button nothing happened. I plugged the cable off my PC, then back on, and the led was staying lit up red. Nothing when I pressed the power button again. No fastboot, nothing.
Finally, I plugged the phone using the original Sony adapter to the mains. It showed the Sony logo and it started charging. At least, so I thought. After a couple of hours, I checked the charging progress and nothing, battery was showing empty. So I tried to power the phone on while still charging. It booted Android and it was showing charging, but 0%. I powered the phone back off, it immediately started charging and battery progress was about 80%.
My guess is that somehow battery stats files were corrupted/deleted. Luckily the phone did not get bricked. I am on Android 4.0 ICS.

kopter3161

Apr 24, 2014
This happened to me today. Last night I left my phone charging on my PC through the USB port. PC was off, but USB is still powered. Phone was on.
The next morning, after I woke up I noticed that when I pressed the power button nothing happened. I plugged the cable off my PC, then back on, and the led was staying lit up red. Nothing when I pressed the power button again. No fastboot, nothing.
Finally, I plugged the phone using the original Sony adapter to the mains. It showed the Sony logo and it started charging. At least, so I thought. After a couple of hours, I checked the charging progress and nothing, battery was showing empty. So I tried to power the phone on while still charging. It booted Android and it was showing charging, but 0%. I powered the phone back off, it immediately started charging and battery progress was about 80%.
My guess is that somehow battery stats files were corrupted/deleted. Luckily the phone did not get bricked. I am on Android 4.0 ICS.

It seems XSola has issue with this. My previous phone which is Xsola did suffer from this issue multiple times though. On my ex-XU (too) never had this problem and in my current XP i've had once.

Sent from my Xperia P using XDA Premium 4 mobile app