Android L port - mobile data not working

Search This thread

Le90

Jul 11, 2014
I flashed my Nexus 4 at the beginning of the week and have been following the developers thread since then. Love it so far, great work devs. Problem I am having is (as the title states) my mobile data will not work what ever I do. Currently I am on Beta 3 Preview 5 with stock kernel and lastest TWRP. I have tried toggling the airplane mode and switching preferred network type to GSM/CDMA auto in *#*#4636#*#* and deleting the APNs and doing restore to defaults, but it still reverts to WCDMA preferred. MMS works (sending and receiving). My carrier is T-mobile, and the APN I have been selecting is the T-mobile US (epc.tmobile.com with no user, pass and server set, the rest of the settings I left on default). Any help on this would be much appreciated :laugh:

Last edited:

jd1639

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
Minnesota
It's a preview version. It's kinda funky. I'd try reflashing. Took me awhile to get it so that I was Happy with it. Make sure it's a clean flash, wipe data, system, cache, and dalvik.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app

Le90

Jul 11, 2014
I understand that, I actually fully wiped everything when I first flashed it and had to do it 3 times to get Beta 3 pre 3 to work and flashed Beta 3 pre 5 two times as well. New user so the system didn't allow me to edit my posts earlier. I will try to flash again and see if anything changes

Last edited:

Le90

Jul 11, 2014
I have just re-flashed my phone again, tested and gone through the phone info thing, deleting and restoring the APNs again, and still is having the same problem

Le90

Jul 11, 2014
Here are my current settings and info. I am lost as to what else to check and change in the APN. This current setting is from T-mobile's kb article that I found dating 2013

To add, I only have 3G, but when I try to search anything in chrome it displays the T Mobile 4G page, picture is attached as well

Last edited: