ATCommander

Search This thread

Olipro

Retired Recognized Developer
Sep 22, 2005
Your SPL
You know how you have rtask in your bootloader? yeah? well now you can have exactly the same crap in windows CE.

very simple: slap a standard AT command in the text box and hit send, job done.

obviously what you can use it to do is limited by what the radio will let you do.

in any case, enjoy.

Attachments

• ATcommander.zip
    68.4 KB · Views: 8,858

tomli

Feb 13, 2006
cool

Hi,

this proves that it's possible to access the internal modem from Windows CE!

What about a device driver or program that creates a virtual COM port so that all other programs could access the internal modem?

Last edited:

c0rnholio

Sep 6, 2005
in the basement...
Good Job!

That one looks promising!
Do you mind to share how it is done?
Any chance to have some kind of command line support?
I'm asking because I'd like to be able to send SMS in PDU format and the sms api from M$ is crap if it comes to binary sms support.
I can write a wrapper to encode sms to PDU but for the whole thing to work I obviously need to be able to send AT commands to the radio.

Cheers

murari_k

Mar 24, 2008
Very usefull Application!!!

I am writing an application that can send and parse neighbouring cell information. Can you please help me on it? I used the code in this forum to send the commands and got proper response for standard commands. But for engineering mode commands i was not able to succeed with the code snippet provided. Whereas in your application i was able to get the proper response. Is there any sequence involved that has to be performed before sending an engineering mode command? The command that i send is AT%EM

Thanks in advance!!!

DRZ400

Aug 26, 2008
Cheers Olipro, quality application you've written there!! Answered many a question for me tonight!! ie ... the Cell ID doesn't update when the phones in call via AT commands or by RIL.

Cheers
Phil

AllTheWay

Retired Senior Moderator
Apr 3, 2007
Folsom, California
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold3
Just adding to the info.

Aa919462.cd349ea0-741a-47ef-a8c2-248f32b49e53(en-us,MSDN.10).gif

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa919462.aspx said:
When a module first registers with the RIL, it passes in two callback functions. One is used for unsolicited notifications, and the other is used for responses to function calls. For example, when the phone receives a new incoming call, the RIL uses the unsolicited notification callback to notify each module about the incoming call.
When a module calls the RIL to get the signal strength, the function call immediately returns a response identifier. The RIL uses the function response callback to convey signal strength information to the module. To ensure that response callbacks are correctly matched with function calls, this callback structure also contains the same response identifier value that is returned by the original function call. This asynchronous architecture simplifies the RIL implementation. If a module needs to call a RIL function in a synchronous manner, it needs to make the function call and block until the module receives the function response callback.

TheShowStopper

Jun 21, 2007
near Derby
Hi folks!

Ok so DaveShaw has been helping me with Call Duration and told me to come try ATCommander to reset it.

Many thanks to him for pointing me in the right direction :D

So the only thing i am stuck with now is... what do i actually have to enter into the box on ATCommander? I have never used anything like this before. My limitations are HD Tweak and things like that!

Would someone maybe spare a few mins to assist me nooooooob botty please?!! lol :eek:

Thanks if you take up my challenge!

TSS :D

DaveShaw

Senior Moderator Emeritus
Dec 4, 2007
Huddersfield
www.taeguk.co.uk
Ok so DaveShaw has been helping me with Call Duration and told me to come try ATCommander to reset it.

Many thanks to him for pointing me in the right direction :D

So the only thing i am stuck with now is... what do i actually have to enter into the box on ATCommander? I have never used anything like this before. My limitations are HD Tweak and things like that!

Would someone maybe spare a few mins to assist me nooooooob botty please?!! lol :eek:

Thanks if you take up my challenge!

TSS :D

Chilax man :D

I went for lunch, check the post you started for your answer.

Ta
Dave