[ROM][CM/Slim Based]MIUI V5 (Kitkat) S3 Multi-language

Search This thread

Stickman89

Inactive Recognized Developer
Apr 5, 2007
Milton Keynes
Don't use custom theme or another browser... And I said, no boeffla, you didn't want to listen.

GT-I9300 on MIUI Rom

Guys I'm facing random reboots while watching on YouTube or browsing or gaming I'm on the latest miui build with boeffla kernel installed please help to me fix it urgently????????:(:thumbup:

Sent from my GT-I9300

Has anyone else reported said issue? 76 Downloads, and this be the only written report.

MIUI being a custom framework, is renown for being incompatible with some 3rd party applications, are you sure it's not related to an application you have installed.

Without a logcat it's a bit hard to pinpoint the issue, nor blame it solely on the kernel.

In fact, I'd go as far to say; it's not the kernel at all. Since the 4.12.5 build uploaded to en.miui.com uses Boeffla's kernel by default anyway.

This can be confirmed by checking init.rc scripts within ramdisk:

Code:
Extracted Init.rc service:

# Call Boeffla-Kernel init script
service boeffla-init /sbin/boeffla-init.sh
    class main
    user root
    group root
    oneshot

Edit: I'll more than likely create a new Kit Kat build for us based on V5 in the meantime, since the current build has issues e.g. Music Player freezing, Front Facing Camera FC, Choppy Transition Effects at Widget picker and unnecessary code still residing from it's CM base.

Last edited:

Zlatan13

May 27, 2014
Has anyone else reported said issue? 76 Downloads, and this be the only written report.

MIUI being a custom framework, is renown for being incompatible with some 3rd party applications, are you sure it's not related to an application you have installed.

Without a logcat it's a bit hard to pinpoint the issue, nor blame it solely on the kernel.

In fact, I'd go as far to say; it's not the kernel at all. Since the 4.12.5 build uploaded to en.miui.com uses Boeffla's kernel by default anyway.

This can be confirmed by checking init.rc scripts within ramdisk:

Code:
Extracted Init.rc service:

# Call Boeffla-Kernel init script
service boeffla-init /sbin/boeffla-init.sh
    class main
    user root
    group root
    oneshot

Edit: I'll more than likely create a new Kit Kat build for us based on V5 in the meantime, since the current build has issues e.g. Music Player freezing, Front Facing Camera FC, Choppy Transition Effects at Widget picker and unnecessary code still residing from it's CM base.

My only problems so far with MIUI are choppy transition effects sometimes and music player freezing, nothing else, with Archi, but with boeffla I had lots of fc on camera, browser. Maybe it is not kernel issue, but that is how it was in my case.

GT-I9300 on MIUI Rom

Zlatan13

May 27, 2014
If somebody has problems with battery drain, you can freeze "xiaomi service framework" with titanium backup.

GT-I9300 on MIUI Rom

kecsap

May 4, 2013
I have a brand new European GT-i9305 and I have the following problem:
- if I flash older non-KitKat based MIUI versions than the camera does not work at all. ROM default and 3rdparty apps stop with camera error message immediately
- if I flash this 4.12.5 KitKat ROM, everything works except the mobile signal is lost completely if I reboot the phone after a few hours. When the signal lost after reboot, it means that the "Mobile networks" setting is disabled in Settings, it cannot be touched. However usually the signal/modem is not lost if I reboot the phone soon after I reflashed the phone (e.g after 5 minutes).

I did everything, installed latest CWM, I tried TWRP earlier. I do a clean install with factory reset, data, dalvik cache wipe. An other strange thing is that sometimes the signal comes back if I reflash only the modem from CWM, but it will be lost again after a reboot. I am sure that I can flash the correct modem because I downloaded the latest image with Kies and extracted the modem, md5sum matches with the flashable modem zip file.

Any ideas?

Last edited:

Raulinho7

Feb 2, 2011
I have a brand new European GT-i9305 and I have the following problem:
- if I flash this 4.12.5 KitKat ROM, everything works except the mobile signal is lost completely if I reboot the phone after a few hours. When the signal lost after reboot, it means that the "Mobile networks" setting is disabled in Settings, it cannot be touched. However usually the signal/modem is not lost if I reboot the phone soon after I reflashed the phone (e.g after 5 minutes).

Any ideas?
I dont think this ROM is compatible with Galaxy s3 I9305....
MIUI V5 (Kitkat) S3, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S III I9300

Raulinho7

Feb 2, 2011
Then I don't understand. On MIUI download pages for GT-i9305, GT-i9300:

http://en.miui.com/download-17.html
http://en.miui.com/download-114.html

...and there is only one MIUI 4.12.5 from the same author: Me__小华
I thought it is the same thread....

same author but not same ROM. You can see that the size if different.

i9305 --> Author: Me__小华Version: 4.12.5 (V5) Size: 317.53M
i9300 --> Author: Me__小华Version: 4.12.5 (V5) Size: 337.03M

Have u downloaded the ROM here on XDA or on MIUI website?

Shafty

Sep 20, 2007
Have you installed the latest version Zlatan? I've jumped ship to fiui whilst waiting for a half decent miui. Tried iuni and color os in the meantime too. Is this latest version any good? Thanks.

Zlatan13

May 27, 2014
Have you installed the latest version Zlatan? I've jumped ship to fiui whilst waiting for a half decent miui. Tried iuni and color os in the meantime too. Is this latest version any good? Thanks.

It is very good, but still no V6 for our S3. I was thinking on changing to L-Droid until I see V6. I'm like 5 months on MIUI and I need something new :D

Falenone

Apr 9, 2012
Somewhere
Am I the only one experiencing lag after flashing some other kernel?
If I stay with the default that comes with the latest update, everything is super smooth but after flashing either Archi or Boeffla I get lag. I tried some other version of boeffla aaaand hello boot loop. But I can't live without Boeffla Sound

Is the any way to get Boeffla sound with the default kernel? I don't want Viper or any other audio engine. just Boeffla

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    What's Working:
    - Touchscreen and hardware keys
    - Touch key lights
    - 3G
    - SMS
    - MMS
    - Call
    - Wifi
    - Sound
    - Cameras
    - Internal / external storage
    - GPS
    - Wifi Hotspot
    - Bluetooth
    - Recorder
    - Torch
    - NFC

Installation:
    - Download ROM kernel and gapps
    - Place on SDCARD
    - Wipe factory rest 2x
    - Flash MIUI rom
    - Reboot into rom
    - Then Reboot into recovery
    - Flash gapps
    - Reboot
    - Enjoy

Bug:
    GPS(CM Based Version)

Support Language:

English
    Chinese
    Arabic
    Brazilian-Portuguese
    Bulgarian
    Croatian
    Czech
    Danish
    French
    Greek
    Indonesian
    Polish
    Portuguese
    Romanian
    Russian
    Slovak
    Spanish
    Thai
    Turkish
    Ukrainian
    Italian
    Hungarian
    Germany

ScreenShot:

e1.png

e2.png

e3.png

e4.png

e5.png

e6.png

e7.png

DOWNLOAD LINK:
    CM Based MIUI
    Slim Bsed MIUI(Non MultiLanguage,OTA)
    Gapps

CyanogenMod
    ZduneX25
    FYT
    GtBlueSky
    bhflower
    MIUIArabi
    rcset
    Xiaomi-Miui-Hellas
    KDGDev
    miuisu
    MIUICzech
    ingbrzy
    Acid-miuipolskapl
    miuibrasil
    elsorro
    miuiportugal

XDA:DevDB Information
    MIUI V5 (Kitkat) S3, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S III I9300

Contributors
    jing95916, Faryaab, ZduneX25
    ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.0.x
    Based On: CyanogenMod

Version Information
    Current Beta Version: 4.12.14
    Beta Release Date: 2014-12-14

Created 2014-06-28
    Last Updated 2015-05-08
    Boeffla's kernel works fine for MIUI. Here is his latest KK-CM11-NG kernel with updated Ramdisk I have made compatible for MIUI Kit Kat builds...
    Any news regarding MIUI V6 For I9300??????
    ;)
    Sent from my GT-I9300
    There will be v6 port for s3 but you have to be patient.

GT-I9300 on MIUI Rom
    For those who miss Mi-Tools: you could customize your status bar with "Anuer" X-Posed module. Enable X-Posed repository in WSM Tools to find it. Just found it while browsing repo on my tablet and wanted to let you know. :)

Works like a charm.

Tapagetalkt vom i9300
    Updated slim based version.