[APP] - EZOverClock to 1.6 ghz

Search This thread

DrWowe

Mar 20, 2006
Greetings,
I've made a little app for setting the CPU speed on the TF201 up to 1.6 ghz. It may be the easiest overclocker yet.

Step 1. Install the Apk.
Step 2. There is no step 2. :)

Once this application is installed, you can switch speeds as usual using the ASUS statusbar. The speeds become (by default, but there is a configuration menu) as follows:
Power save: 1.0 ghz
Balanced: 1.3 ghz
Performance: 1.6 ghz

Root is required, but a locked bootloader is fine. The app makes no permanent changes to anything, and uninstalls cleanly (although a reboot may be required after uninstall)

Enjoy. :)

stantang

Nov 15, 2009
And may I ask where can we download the apk? :p

P.S.: I guess I replied a little too fast haha

lyon21

Feb 27, 2011
Chicago
Awesome. Works good man. Anyway to clock higher with this or is 1.6 highest?

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using xda premium

Vcolassi

Feb 1, 2012
Whitehall
WOW THANKS! This is exactly what i was looking for! I wanted a overclock option without a locked boot without a ROM. Just until i make sure my Prime is a keeper. I am currently having HDMI out probs after .15.

But this makes me happy for now :D

I'll report back and see what i get on Quadrant.

rand4ll

Jan 16, 2011

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using xda premium

We won't get over 1.6 until we get some custom kernels that support it. This is just using the built in steps of the chip. Asus disabled them but the files are still there to enable them so this is just using those.

DrWowe

Mar 20, 2006

Getting to 1.6 is fairly easy since the Asus kernel mostly supports that speed already. Going higher than 1.6 requires intrusive meddling with the kernel frequency tables. It's certainly possible, and something I want to do, but it will take time to research and develop.

demandarin

Apr 7, 2010
Alexandria, Va
you said this makes no permanent changes but does this hold after a reboot or power down. meaning after I install app, if I were to power down or reboot, will your settings still hold or be reapplied without me having to do anything? . this method seems similar to how Diamondbacks did in virtuous rom. changed the Asus quick settings to these speeds.

---------- Post added at 01:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:36 AM ----------

app works great just installed. really like this kind of overclocking. plus love how I can change the default profile speeds myself. I changed your balanced back to 1.2Ghz. left the others like you had it. 1.2Ghz is best of both speed n power. if I really want power I just hit performance mode n jump to 1.6ghz. I may change balanced back to 1.3Ghz. but I know that burns a lil more battery than 1.2ghz. plus I hate how powersavings decreases contrast and sharpness quality. that's what I like about this app, CHOICES. I can set up how o see fit. I left you a thanks.

looking forward to a kernel method of overclocking even higher like you said. on a locked bootloader.

Andreas527

Dec 29, 2011
when this app installed, do the difference modes effects the screen like it does stock?
Or do it only change the cpu speed and the screen, power saving things works like normal?

Edit: read @demandarin: post again and if I understood that correctly its only the cpu speed that changes and screen settings works as it does stock.
If that's correct its meaning I can run performance mode on 1GHz and still have the screen sharp and nice?

Edit #2: :) Works like i was hoping to. only cpu is changing and the screen works as normal. Really nice to be able to run the cpu at 1GHz and still have a good screen.

Thanks for sharing this!

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using XDA Premium HD app

Last edited:

demandarin

Apr 7, 2010
Alexandria, Va
when this app installed, do the difference modes effects the screen like it does stock?
Or do it only change the cpu speed and the screen, power saving things works like normal?

Edit: read @demandarin: post again and if I understood that correctly its only the cpu speed that changes and screen settings works as it does stock.
If that's correct its meaning I can run performance mode on 1GHz and still have the screen sharp and nice?

Edit #2: :) Works like i was hoping to. only cpu is changing and the screen works as normal. Really nice to be able to run the cpu at 1GHz and still have a good screen.

Thanks for sharing this!

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using XDA Premium HD app

you answered the question I was wondering also. so i guess it the powersavings profile itself. no After what speed it is, once enabled it decreases contrast n sharpness. good find. I'd imagine your battery will last very long on 1ghz. isn't it crazy how tablet still performs fast at that speed also? I love overclocking but have come to appreciate stock speeds more also.

so of you set performance to 1ghz, what you set balanced n power savings to? I love how we can choose what speeds we want.

Reactions: OctaveShock

sontin

Jan 17, 2011
It is possible to change the governator like setcpu and co for every profile?

Kidd_Funkadelic

Mar 9, 2011
Installed it, changed from balanced to performance, and opened Pulse- Hung...

First time that's happened :(

Makes me nervous about OC the TP.
(Note I did not reboot. Would this have caused the issue?)

EDIT: After coming back up (in balanced) I turned on Perf mode again - and instantly rebooted. I think I'm all set :(

Evo_Shift

Jan 17, 2011
Do settings and modes stick through reboots? I would check but don't have my prime right now and am curious

demandarin

Apr 7, 2010
Alexandria, Va
Do settings and modes stick through reboots? I would check but don't have my prime right now and am curious

yes i believe so. permissions are set to apply upon reboot.

---------- Post added at 02:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:01 PM ----------

Installed it, changed from balanced to performance, and opened Pulse- Hung...

First time that's happened :(

Makes me nervous about OC the TP.
(Note I did not reboot. Would this have caused the issue?)

EDIT: After coming back up (in balanced) I turned on Perf mode again - and instantly rebooted. I think I'm all set :(

has nothing to do with this overclock. it didn't cause that. must've been something else.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Greetings,
    I've made a little app for setting the CPU speed on the TF201 up to 1.6 ghz. It may be the easiest overclocker yet.

Step 1. Install the Apk.
    Step 2. There is no step 2. :)

Once this application is installed, you can switch speeds as usual using the ASUS statusbar. The speeds become (by default, but there is a configuration menu) as follows:
    Power save: 1.0 ghz
    Balanced: 1.3 ghz
    Performance: 1.6 ghz

Root is required, but a locked bootloader is fine. The app makes no permanent changes to anything, and uninstalls cleanly (although a reboot may be required after uninstall)

Enjoy. :)
    APK attached.
    Yea stock kernel should support it. At least it did with ics. That was the great thing about this app. All you needed was root. I'm sure if the op wanted to update this to work with the new jb, it wouldn't take too much. Pure speculation though. Maybe if the op doesn't then someone else will.

They are overclocking the tf300 kernel http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1901784 which a lot of folks ran on the tf201 for a while with wookies hairy bean 1.2, so possible it most assuredly is, useful? that remains to be seen jb roms are naturally way faster than ics roms anyway.
    Could you make a version for jellybean oasp/aokp please ?? :)
    Yea stock kernel should support it. At least it did with ics. That was the great thing about this app. All you needed was root. I'm sure if the op wanted to update this to work with the new jb, it wouldn't take too much. Pure speculation though. Maybe if the op doesn't then someone else will.

Asus took out the 1.5 and 1.6ghz steps on the JB stock kernel so this will no longer work.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium