Can I have my jellybeans and eat them too?!

Search This thread

rickyg946

May 11, 2012
First off, I would just like to thank all the devs who have worked like mad men on giving all us dinc users some delicious Ice Cream Sandwich, for without your amazing work I surely would have thrown my phone in a fit of rage into a wall a loooong time ago. Now, even though there's no official word yet, until later this morning :), I think it's safe to assume that Jellybean will end up being named Android OS 4.1 instead of 5.0 (ICS, but with improvements). With all of this in mind, is it possible that we could actually get some JB love? I understand that we'll have to wait until they release the source code to know for sure, but with what we've heard so far it sounds like it actually could be possible. Idk, am I just missing something obvious here?

P.S. I'm asking this mostly because I'm trying to get my posts # up (I'm new here, be nice), although I'd love if we could entertain this thought for a moment. I think I only have like 2 posts so far (cuz I ACTUALLY search for stuff, WOW!!!!) so bear with me, please and thank you!

rickyg946

May 11, 2012
Just ordered my Nexus 7 so if nothing else, I'll still have my fill of jellybeans :)

SlimSnoopOS

Jan 29, 2011
If all goes according to plan I'll be using a GSIII and eventually Jelly Bean. I gotta admit, I liked the polish and new features of JB announced today.

withbloodskies

Jul 26, 2011
Rancho Cucamonga
My only concern is battery life, its unfortunate ICS loves to eat our battery like the cookie monsta.
I know for a fact we can get it running, why?
Because of the determination our lasting devs have. I mean I never thought I'd see sense 4 on the DInc, even ICS.. working completely fine now.

It's amazing and we thank all who do this in the DInc projects.

Sent from my HTC Droid Incredible using Tapatalk 2

PGleo86

Dec 8, 2010
Rochester, NY
This is truly the phone that will never die. Huge thanks to all the devs who work to keep this phone running the latest and greatest! I'll still be on this phone for another month (preordered my SIII) and I bet I'll have stable JellyBean before the end of it. Simply amazing. You guys rock!

liuzerus87

Jul 31, 2010
This is great news.

However, seeing as ICS already pushes our poor little GPU to its limits, how will Project Butter and all the triple buffering and good business affect us?

nathansnyder

Jan 10, 2012
Man, this is really awesome! I'd love to get this thing on my Incredible, and would love to help on getting his working! I'm just done my freshman year as a computer science major, and I'm pretty amateur, but maybe I'll dig in wherever I can :-D

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I'm planning on making android 4.1 available on this phone.

Sent from my Droid Incredible using xda premium
    My only concern is battery life, its unfortunate ICS loves to eat our battery like the cookie monsta.
    I know for a fact we can get it running, why?
    Because of the determination our lasting devs have. I mean I never thought I'd see sense 4 on the DInc, even ICS.. working completely fine now.

It's amazing and we thank all who do this in the DInc projects.

Sent from my HTC Droid Incredible using Tapatalk 2
    Guys I am currently porting jellybean to this device.

Sent from my Droid Incredible using xda premium
    If we can't have jellybean I would be happy enough with ICS but also if someone could find a way to backport the cards-style google voice search to ICS or maybe even GB. It would be wonderful if ALL android phones could have the siri killer and not just jellybean or then it will be just as bad as iphone 4s/5 being the only siri phone :(

google now was already backported to ICS :D
    google now was already backported to ICS :D

HOLY CRAP WHAT?!? To Google!! Shano, You've made me very happy lol

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1749045 :):)