Alarm Free Date (#SAD...) bug

Search This thread

thinker5555

Aug 13, 2014
Hello everyone,

I know the alarm free date #SAD...# is a beta feature at the moment, but I've run into a bug with it that I thought you should know about.

I have a section on a widget where I show the next alarm date and time, but I want to also show bedtime, which would be the alarm minus 8 hours. I know for standard dates, I can do something like #D-480...# if I want to subtract 8 hours. I can even do math within the variable, such as #D-$(8*60)$...# to subtract 8 hours. When I try this same sort of thing with the alarm free date variable, I find that it compounds amount added or subtracted each minute until something causes it to reset.

To make a simple example, if my alarm is set for 3:30 on Monday, and if I want to display the alarm time with 1 minute subtracted from it, I use #SAD-1 P:mm p#, and I should get 3:29am on Monday. It works correctly for the first minute, but as soon as another minute passes, I see that the the adjusted alarm time now shows 3:28am. So every time a minute passes, the adjusted alarm time gets multiplied by the number of minutes passed since I saved the widget. If I subtract 2 minutes at a time, then I see the time drop by 2 minutes as each minute passes. If I do 8 hours, then, well, it gets very strange very quickly. ;)

I have noticed that the adjusted alarm time will reset from time to time, going back to the correct calculation for a minute, but I'm not sure of what causes the reset. Sometimes it will go back to the correct calculation after editing the widget, and sometimes it won't. Other times it will go back to the correct calculation after my screen has been off for a little bit and then I turn the screen back on, but not every time. Also, it looks like it may not add or subtract additional increments while the screen is off. Again, with my example of subtracting 1 minute, if my screen timeout is 2 minutes, then by the time the screen turns off, I'll see 3 minutes subtracted in total. If I turn the screen back on 10 minutes later, it will still show the 3 minutes subtracted. The next minute that the screen is on, it will either reset to 1 minute being subtracted, or it will continue to 4 minutes subtracted.

FYI, I'm on a Samsung Galaxy Note 3, Android version 4.4.2, Sprint, rooted, but I am running on stock ROM and kernel.

I hope that this helps pinpoint where the bug may be. Please let me know if any other information is required.

Thanks,
Jeremy