[KERNEL][NEW][4/03] XENON Kernel v1.1 [1.5ghz][Voltage Scaling][ath6kl][Partitions]

Search This thread

osi13

Jun 25, 2010
Thanks for this kernel.

I'm running AOKP milestone 5, and this is the only kernel where wifi works. However, I do have SOD issues. I have my cpu min @ 384, and ondemand. I was getting these SODs with SetCPU installed, so that could be the culprit. I decided to uninstall setCPU, and now I am using the AOKP kernel tool. I will let you know if this fixes my problem. Update: No luck. I still have the same problems.

Last edited:

YamiYaiba

Jun 8, 2008
Knoxville
Ditto. I'm getting sleep of death issues 100% of the time I leave it alone for an extended period of time.

Sent from my aokp_tenderloin using xda premium

nikos5800

Nov 30, 2010
I read this on twitter:
re-set up my (brilliant) kernel build/test system for the touchpad, custom kernel incoming
:eek:

rohan32

Retired Forum Mod / Retired Recognized Developer
Nov 27, 2011
New Jersey
rmathur.com
And bricked kernel had sod issues:eek: but anyway we shall see:eek:
If your kernel its based of bricked its that mean CPU clock max:2156mhz, GPU clock:320mhz? :eek:

Yep, and really? I thought it was fixed by setting the min to 384mhz? I haven't been on the Touchpad scene for a long time since I didn't have my Touchpad for the past 3 months.

nikos5800

Nov 30, 2010
Yep, and really? I thought it was fixed by setting the min to 384mhz? I haven't been on the Touchpad scene for a long time since I didn't have my Touchpad for the past 3 months.
I don't remember we'll, I think in the latest bricked kernel the problem should be resolved

---------- Post added at 09:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:05 AM ----------

Can I dual boot webos and ics with this?

Sent from my Xperia Play using Tapatalk 2
Yeap you can :eek:

I don't remember we'll, I think in the latest bricked kernel the problem should be resolved

---------- Post added at 09:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:05 AM ----------

Yeap you can :eek:

for many the latest bricked still has boot problems. E.g. on mine it doesn't matter what CPU settings I chose, it doesn't work. showp is working on a new version of his bricked as well.

rohan32

Retired Forum Mod / Retired Recognized Developer
Nov 27, 2011
New Jersey
rmathur.com
I'm actually going to start from scratch right now
I want something to help our aging touchpads. I want something that will be clean, fast, and smooth with the best battery possible. Alpha kernel is coming soon.

gaww

Oct 4, 2010
Asheville, NC
I have tried to flash both versions but it will not boot up. I am using TWRP Recovery - should that make any difference?

nitrobg

Sep 3, 2011
I read the entire thread before I asked the question.

The OP refers to CWM but does not mention problems with TWRP. As for kernel bloat, I have removed excess kernels like classicnerd so do not think that is the issue, so what else should I read?
You shouldn't use this kernel as it's outdated and no longer works.

nikos5800

Nov 30, 2010
I read the entire thread before I asked the question.

The OP refers to CWM but does not mention problems with TWRP. As for kernel bloat, I have removed excess kernels like classicnerd so do not think that is the issue, so what else should I read?

The developer begin from the scratch so be patient
New kernel will come before the end of 2012 :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    XENON Kernel

For ICS [any ROM]

Features:
    Code:
    *Overclocked CPU to 1.5ghz
    *SWAP Space Enabled
    *ath6kl WiFi driver from compat-wireless
    *Memory Compaction
    *Adaptive Voltage Scaling
    *Memory Management based on Device State
    *NWFPE Floating Point Emulation
    *Support for Extended Precision
    *Integrated Services Digital Network (ISDN) Support
    *Watchdog Timer Corrective Services Support
    *Direct Memory Access (DMA) Support
    *Maintain devtmpfs filesystem to mount at /dev
    *Automount devtmpfs at /dev
    *Detect Soft Lockups
    *Detect Hung Tasks
    *Kernel Memory Leak Detector
    *Checks for Stalled CPUs
    *Sysctl Checks
    *Securityfs Filesystem Support
    *Reiserfs Filesystem Support
    *JFS Filesystem Support
    *XFS Filesystem Support
    *GFS2 Filesystem Support
    *OCFS2 Filesystem Support
    *Advanced Partition Selection
    *Acorn Partition Support
    *Cumana Partition Support
    *EESOX Partition Support
    *ICS Partition Support
    *Native Partition Support
    *PowerTec Partition Support
    *RISCiX Partition Support
    *Alpha OSF Partition Support
    *Macintosh Partition Map Support
    *PC BIOS (MSDOS Partition Tables) Support
    *BSD Disklabel (FreeBSD Partition Tables) Support
    *Minix Subpartition Support
    *Solaris (x86) Partition Table Support
    *Unixware Slices Support
    *Windows Logical Disk Manager (Dynamic Disk) Support
    *SGI Partition Support
    *Ultrix Partition Support
    *Sun Partition Tables Support
    *Karma Partition Support
    *EFI GUID Partition Support
    *SYSV68 Partition Table Support

The Xenon Kernel is a project for myself to learn more about Linux and Android Kernel developing. I am a sophmore in High School and I haven't had much developing experience, so this is a learning experience. If you want to use this Kernel, you can show your support by thanking me! Right now all I need is words of encouragement and a new phone (I still have an old Symbian S60v3 phone haha). The Touchpad is my first Android device. Also, this is my second work for the Touchpad, my first is the SUPREME Modpack. I hope to make this my primary development project and improve as much as I can. Thanks for checking this out!

Download:
    http://goo.im/devs/rohan/tenderloin/XENON

There are 2 versions, one that retains the CM9 kernel as a backup, and one that deletes the CM9 kernel and only uses Xenon.
    Saves CM9: xenon-kernel-v1.1-tenderloin-rohan-WITHCM9.zip
    Deletes CM9: xenon-kernel-v1.1-tenderloin-rohan-WITHOUTCM9.zip

Current version is v1.1

Instructions:
    How to Install:

FIRST, MAKE A NANDROID BACKUP! This can cause serious harm to your system. I am not responsible for anything that may occur to your Touchpad, but everything should be fine.

1. Download the respective installer zip from the above link.
    2. Install the zip in ClockWorkMod.
    3. Wipe your dalvik-cache
    4. Reboot and hope for the best!
    IF YOU ARE HAVING SOD ISSUES try setting your CPU Governor to "ondemand"

How to Uninstall:
    1. Restore from your backup you were supposed to make

or... if you didn't listen (shame on you... you should always make a backup)

1. Download the XENON Uninstaller from my goo-inside.me profile. This zip deletes the Xenon Kernel and adds back the default CyanogenMod 9 Kernel. It will not, however, delete the ath6kl WiFi drivers (you really don't need to unless you are having WiFi woes). To uninstall the ath6kl drivers you need to reinstall Android.
    2. Install it in ClockWorkMod.
    3. Wipe your dalvik-cache
    4. Reboot!

Contact me via Twitter (preferred) here: http://twitter.com/rohanXm
    Or PM me

Credits:
    *jcsullins for originally getting me interested in kernel development, aiding me through the process in IRC, creating moboot, and helping out the CM9 team in this port
    *lintz (helped with getting the ath6kl drivers working and solving my ignorance :D)
    *The ENTIRE CM9 team (dalingrin, verygreen/green, Dees_Troy, Flemmard, and everyone else who has contributed to this port. It is truly an honor to witness what you guys have created.
    Thanks for sharing! Will give this go and provide feedback.
    I want something to help our aging touchpads. I want something that will be clean, fast, and smooth with the best battery possible. Alpha kernel is coming soon.
    Can you add gpu oc in next build please :D

That's definitely high on the new features list. I hope to have another release out soon with bug fixes and probably this if I can figure out how to do it.
    Good luck :)