[GUIDE] Change touchscreen digitizer Synaptics to Cypress

Search This thread

Bahurs1

May 27, 2011
Šiauliai
Is it possible to say put on just the digitizer such as this one or does it require some to much hard work? just can't an answer right now, so sorry if its a stupid question.

Nikkopt

Jun 17, 2008
Almada
Is it possible to say put on just the digitizer such as this one or does it require some to much hard work? just can't an answer right now, so sorry if its a stupid question.

Just change it and it will work..
However, keep in mind the the digitizer is very well fixed in the front cover.. You probably have to glue the new one. The best thing you can do is buy the digitizer already mounted on a new front cover.

Sent from my bathroom using the toilet

Bahurs1

May 27, 2011
Šiauliai
Just change it and it will work..
However, keep in mind the the digitizer is very well fixed in the front cover.. You probably have to glue the new one. The best thing you can do is buy the digitizer already mounted on a new front cover.

Sent from my bathroom using the toilet

Yeah that. The detaching and gluing it back sound pretty ugly in the end. Sorry I couldn't get my thought right its 3 AM here or 03:26

Galon123

Mar 5, 2011
so if i change my synaptic digitizer to cypress,i'll get real dual touch,like those who have cypress from the first time they bought?

aptnutella

Jan 22, 2011
Nice tutorial but I want to know if link above in some comment is cypress digitizer because there is only mentioned that it is new touch screen digitizer. I mean this link.
Has anyone tried it ? If it is cypress and there is really free shipping I will try it.

Reactions: pochopsp

aptnutella

Jan 22, 2011
because nobody answered my question I tried it with this. Ive been waiting for it 15 days and now I know it is synaptic :( . However I tried to replace it and this is my result - old digitizer has no problem but my phone doesnt recognized new digitizer so I can say goodbye to my 15 Euros :( . I have no idea why it doesnt recognized new digitizer but I noticed it is a little difference between old and new. I will post photos here tomorow

Reactions: pochopsp

aptnutella

Jan 22, 2011
So here are photos :
1. new digitizer
scaled.php

2. old digitizer
scaled.php

3. new digitizer detail
scaled.php

4. old digitizer detail
scaled.php

My camera doesnt have macro so forgive me quality of this pics. As I said, the old one works without problem but new doesnt :( please help me

B

B.Jay

Ive been waiting for it 15 days and now I know it is synaptic :( .

In which case you should have cancelled the order as I'm sure you wanted to have a Cypress digitizer and not a "new" Synaptics one - or is there some post I missed?

However I tried to replace it and this is my result - old digitizer has no problem but my phone doesnt recognized new digitizer so I can say goodbye to my 15 Euros :( . I have no idea why it doesnt recognized new digitizer but I noticed it is a little difference between old and new. I will post photos here tomorow

So here are photos :

<snip>

My camera doesnt have macro so forgive me quality of this pics. As I said, the old one works without problem but new doesnt :( please help me

Since the photos don't allow for magnification or are linked to a bigger image:

The layout of the flex cable (resistors and routing of printed lines) looks very different between old and new - is there even the same Synaptics chip on both?

If there's a another Synaptics chip on the new one (chip with a totally different model id) then, as a wild guess, chances are pretty good that it may not be picked up (read: the touchscreen driver not recognizing the chip or the digitizer firmware not compatible with the phone).

While it shouldn't make any difference: You're on Stock or on a custom ROM?

aptnutella

Jan 22, 2011
so 1. - I can send it back in 7 days but there is written - Buyer pays return shipping. And because shipping from Slovakia to Hong-Kong is expensive and risky I will try to sell it in Slovakia if it isnt compatible for my device.

Since the photos don't allow for magnification or are linked to a bigger image

oldchip.jpg

By aptnutella at 2012-02-28
if it is still unreadable I can post new photos
2. - I noticed there are 5 printed lines in old and 6 in new but routing is same

3. I will take a look at chip

4. Im using custom ROM should I go back to stock?

Ace96

Mar 17, 2012
Help Me Please!

I am a little confused here. Could anyone tell me where exactly is the digitizer?
Is it attached to the cover or is it attached to the lcd?
Any help would be appreciated.

ShagunG

Apr 20, 2013
Hi.I replaced my touchscreen and now my phone don't want to turn on?why?i have a mistake inside him or is a touchscreen problem(sorry for bad english).

kubo2182

Feb 18, 2013
thank, but ...

Hi, I buy x8 from my friend and digitizer have chip on photo..... is it Cypress? I want to be 100% sure :)

Attachments

• cypress.jpg
    cypress.jpg
    208.5 KB · Views: 52
Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The Sony Ericsson company made Sony Ericsson Xperia X8 phone with two type touchscreen digitizers. First type have Synaptics chip, and second have Cypress chip.

Stock ROM have drivers only for single touch, but developers made dual touch for both touchscreen digitizers. Touchscreen digitizer with Synaptics chip have a fake dual touch, and with Cypress have a real dual touch.

I changed touchscreen digitizer and created photo guide for you.

My Xperia X8 and new touchscreen with Cypress chip:
    IMG_0529.jpg
    Touchscreen with Cypress chip:
    IMG_0530.jpg
    Touchscreen with Synaptics chip:
    IMG_0540.jpg

OK! GO!

Remove back cover, battery, SIM and flash card:
    IMG_0531.jpg
    Turn off 5 screws (need screwdriver T4 and №000):
    IMG_0532.jpg
    Remove back cover:
    IMG_0535.jpg
    Remove plate and see two loops and connectors:
    IMG_0536.jpg
    Open the locks of connectors and disconnect the loops:
    IMG_0538.jpgIMG_0537.jpg
    Disunite touchscreen and display:
    IMG_0539.jpg

Install hard buttons and USB cover to new touchscreen and assemblage upside-down.

Check chip in terminal emulator:
    screenshot-1320843487955.png

Enjoy the real dual touch! :)

Специально для России: http://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?showtopic=283909
    How much the cypress chip cost?
    About 25-35$

Sent from my E15i using XDA App
    Nice tutorial but I want to know if link above in some comment is cypress digitizer because there is only mentioned that it is new touch screen digitizer. I mean this link.
    Has anyone tried it ? If it is cypress and there is really free shipping I will try it.
    because nobody answered my question I tried it with this. Ive been waiting for it 15 days and now I know it is synaptic :( . However I tried to replace it and this is my result - old digitizer has no problem but my phone doesnt recognized new digitizer so I can say goodbye to my 15 Euros :( . I have no idea why it doesnt recognized new digitizer but I noticed it is a little difference between old and new. I will post photos here tomorow
    Hi, I buy x8 from my friend and digitizer have chip on photo..... is it Cypress? I want to be 100% sure :)

Type in terminal emulator
    Code:
     dmesg | grep cyttsp-i2c
    You should get "successful" as output

Sent from my E15i using xda app-developers app