Votes: 52 49.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

tchaari

Dec 27, 2011
Here's the words I'll be using as the base for my UX benchmark:

I think that it should be better to look for expressions such as "no problem", "doesn't work", "running smooth"... instead of words. Even short expressions with just 2 words can considerably improve the precision of the results ;)

B

bedalus

I think that it should be better to look for expressions such as "no problem", "doesn't work", "running smooth"... instead of words. Even short expressions with just 2 words can considerably improve the precision of the results ;)

Too late tchaari I've already modified my program to only include those words! Bedtime now. Hopefully have ux benchmark complete early next morning.

kernels ; battery ; ROM ; gov/sched
Now with summaries in the first posts. Convenient for XDA app users!

B

bedalus

would you like to bench the new play ROM (rc4)? :)

Sent from my sandwich using a Nexus S

Sure, what's the link?

UPDATE: Column F now makes more sense (I hope... feedback please!)

UPDATE: Slim ICS 3.2 benched!

Also noticed update to AOSP+ this morning, so will bench that next.

tchaari

Dec 27, 2011
Sure, what's the link?

UPDATE: Column F now makes more sense (I hope... feedback please!)

UPDATE: Slim ICS 3.2 benched!

Also noticed update to AOSP+ this morning, so will bench that next.

thanks bedalus, column F is now easier to read but why do you have some negative values in green (-1%)?

B

bedalus

thanks bedalus, column F is now easier to read but why do you have some negative values in green (-1%)?

Yeah, it's a bit arbitrary, anything lower than -3% is highlighted as being a bit poor.

you know Java? Pm me for an interesting project.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

krarvind needs java skills tchaari!

UPDATE: UX complete! Just need to add it to the sheet...

tchaari

Dec 27, 2011
Yeah, it's a bit arbitrary, anything lower than -3% is highlighted as being a bit poor.
Nice, so let's say the T132 score is 6% and the default score in column F is -1%. Then, can we conclude that flashing T132 will boost the performance by 7%?
UPDATE: UX complete! Just need to add it to the sheet...
Oh you take a big risk by showing the results to me. I'll bother you by my continuous suggestions to improve them as always :D
krarvind needs java skills tchaari!
Yes thanks bedalus. I PMed him and I hope I can help with the small free time I have :)
By the way, if one day you want to learn Java, I can point you to some interesting docs ;)

Oodie

Inactive Recognized Developer
May 6, 2011
Kuliyapitiya
One thing i can get from colomn f is , that no kernel can match T132 ?

( it's obvious that you try the stock kernel with 1000 & T132 on 1320 . It's the reason right ? So does the colomn f reasonable regurding other kernels which tested with 1000mhz ?)

B

bedalus

UPDATE: User Experience benchmark is up.

The words shown occur more than average (where the baseline is generated from words extracted from ALL threads).

If a word is occurring more than average, I see this as significant. The words are ranked in significance from #1 to #10 according to how far above the baseline they are.

I'm not going to try and interpret whether each word has a positive or negative implication, I leave that up to you.

Attached is the complete data. Also see here for how I developed the software to help me do all this.

Attachments

• ALLROM_word_baseline.xlsx
    69.3 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:
B

bedalus

( it's obvious that you try the stock kernel with 1000 & T132 on 1320 . It's the reason right ? So does the colomn f reasonable regurding other kernels which tested with 1000mhz ?)

Okay, column F now shows the boost gained from flashing T132.

The average boost is 18%

tchaari

Dec 27, 2011

With colomn F, we can have an idea about how much the stock kernel is far from T132 even if they are not equally clocked ;)

B

bedalus

That's better :D

Now i know you hired ninja assassins to kill me . One just tried to kill me , got a slap from my wife and went away :D he dropped a cheque given from a man named " bedalus " .

Tear that cheque up. He can't get paid if he doesn't do the job.

Now for the correct smiley. Umm... :mad: also :eek:

Mainly :D

glennkaonang

Feb 6, 2012
Surabaya
I still don't get the idea of column F.
Statistics has always been a subject I couldn't catch up with.

So, in Column F, is it the higher the better or otherwise?

Sent from my Nexus S using xda premium

B

bedalus

I still don't get the idea of column F.
Statistics has always been a subject I couldn't catch up with.
It shows how much of a boost it got from flashing the T132 kernel.

Compare Column F for AOSP+(n.5) and Peter Alfonso's Bugless Beast Nightly.

AOSP+ 26%
Bugless Beast 13%

AOSP+
When I flashed T132 on AOSP+ the result went up 26%
This is more than the average of 18%
You get a bigger gain than expected by flashing T132
So... maybe it is a good idea to replace the kernel on this ROM.

Bugless Beast
When I flashed T132 on BB the result went up 13%
This is less than the average of 18%
You get a smaller gain than expected by flashing T132
So... maybe it is a good idea to keep the default kernel.

glennkaonang

Feb 6, 2012
Surabaya
That's it, I got it now.
Those you bolded really explains much.
I'm that kind of guy who understands words better than numbers :D :D

Thanks a lot, bedalus.

AeroEchelon

Nov 24, 2011
Toronto, ON
www.twitter.com
Sweet so what I gather from this is Pete's ROM has the best scores on benchmarking if all the ROMs were pitted against each other using the supplied kernel?

(Also, the User Experience column says that "kernel" is the most said word in his thread. And probably for good reason.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Thanks, but I've tried these

#1st place: Pixel Rom 1.6 ICS (Android 4.0.4) moves up to number #1!
    #4th place: CyberGR-MOD|NS.NGN ICS v.9 HYBRID
    #5th place: ICS 4.0.4 IMM26 v1.1 (android 4.0.4) thanks evilisto

And they are all crap about stability,

Peter Alfonso Nightlies are the best rom. Stable and smooth with no equals, you can use it everyday

This is really not very kind of you and i found it a little bit "DISRESPECTFUL"..!!
    Ok it`s your opinion and you can always share it with other users in here but please don`t express them in that way..!!
    Please "RESPECT" every Dev`s work and if you have a problem don`t hesitate to ask them or take a look into every ROM`s thread (Look for a F.A.Q) or anything that may be helpful for you but please don`t say "CRAP" specially if you didn`t even tried to do something of the above!!
    Thanks, but I've tried these

#1st place: Pixel Rom 1.6 ICS (Android 4.0.4) moves up to number #1!
    #4th place: CyberGR-MOD|NS.NGN ICS v.9 HYBRID
    #5th place: ICS 4.0.4 IMM26 v1.1 (android 4.0.4) thanks evilisto

And they are all crap about stability,

Peter Alfonso Nightlies are the best rom. Stable and smooth with no equals, you can use it everyday

Stability :eek: lol .. all the roms you mentioned are rock solid to me .
    ( if you know how to use a phone by the way )
    Tried all 3 and no stability issues
    Im fully with you. come on guys. the man does it for free!! He works his ass off for us. He could also make the rom and not release it, but make it only for his own use.
    be grateful for what we are getting!!

Amen to the AWESOME DEVS :D :D
    they make our phone 5 times worth it!!

My work is very humble (no source) by comparison to the stuff that can be gleaned from AOSP trees - only filling users needs where I can.

However - whilst turds will throw **** like this at what we've shared with the Nexus S community - I just ask myself -

"What does ugo999 bring to the Nexus S community - what is he sharing that benefits others in here????"

I'm trying to spread a little love to the 4G community at the moment. That IS what this is about for sure. Too many jumped up ****s who contribute nothing and profess to know everything.

As I say - my work is humble; just about delivering the right recipe for the job. That is what I try to contribute.

If my ROM isn't stable - as Oodie says - this ugo999 possibly doesn't know how to use the phone.
    Don't you think "popularity" is going a little too far? It will definitely lead to fights...all the devs are good and I don't think prominence is a good indicator of a good rom

But it's up to you ;)

Sent from my Nexus S using XDA App
    This is really not very kind of you and i found it a little bit "DISRESPECTFUL"..!!
    Ok it`s your opinion and you can always share it with other users in here but please don`t express them in that way..!!
    Please "RESPECT" every Dev`s work and if you have a problem don`t hesitate to ask them or take a look into every ROM`s thread (Look for a F.A.Q) or anything that may be helpful for you but please don`t say "CRAP" specially if you didn`t even tried to do something of the above!!

I completely understand this from Cybergr. When someone tries hard to make you a special gift and you say to him "this is crap", Just try ro imagine what he can feel.
    Respect to the developers please and don't forget that all what you find in this forum are kind gifts from them ;)