maarawoe

Feb 8, 2012
Prague
this is very hardware specific and an epic hw design fail by htc.... :-(
anyway - who will short his phone first? ;-D

IdowhatIwant

Mar 24, 2012
Anaheim, CA
These guys managed to get S-OFF on a few HTC phones by shorting something (That's what it seems to me.) in the chipset...

S-OFF via JuopunutBear Tool

If this could be made to work for us, it'd be a slap in the face for Moto...

I've owned mostly HTC phones. That's a company that listens to it's customer's. Period.

If you have an HTC Phone, you've got custom Kernels period. The development community is second to none.

That's why i so surprised to come here with my Razr to find out theres..not much.

got556

Sep 6, 2011
Chicago
Not true. My Rezound has an unlocked boot loader with s-on. S-off is unrestricted access to all partitions of the phone. It's "security/signature" - off, something like that.

Exactly...S-Off allows one to fall back to an older radio and flash only the radio if, for instance, HTC or the carrier pushes a new OTA that has a new radio and makes your phone get a worse signal than before. W/out S-Off you can't just flash back so easily.

ETA: Re-reading my comment makes it seem as that's only S-Off can do but like quoted above it also allows you to flash stuff not officially signed by HTC. Prior to S-Off it was virtually impossible to brick a Rezound. W/ S-Off, you can easily brick a phone permanently.

Last edited:

romdroid.

Jul 27, 2010
amazing. If I recall something similar was done to xbox 360 JTAG.

I am confident some day someone will unlock those Motorola bootloaders...

Last edited:

romdroid.

Jul 27, 2010
On the atrix there was a fuse that was burnt to bypass the bootloader. Or something along those lines. Although when i got rid of the atrix all of the development kicked off. Lol

Sent from my XT910 using Tapatalk 2

Haha alright that always happen, when you get rid of something then developers start support it. I can feel you :D