[UTIL] PatchSplash v0.1 - flash custom splash screen w/o old splash at the bottom!

Search This thread

Desperado1987

Nov 4, 2007
The final size of the .nb file is 655360 :) The size of the .nbh file is entirely different so yes, the one posted is safe.

Thanks navyguy, I'll add it up in the list!

The best you can do is open the original windows splash file, copy and paste the picture you want, then save it. It seems you're doing it in a wrong PNG format.

Thanx m8, that was a good idea, that helped me alot. Now the resolution is good, but there is another thing. I still see the start bar above the screen. If you now also now a solution for this, that would be great.
Otherwise I just leave it like this...

pfcsabre

Apr 4, 2008
The Hague
Thanx m8, that was a good idea, that helped me alot. Now the resolution is good, but there is another thing. I still see the start bar above the screen. If you now also now a solution for this, that would be great.
Otherwise I just leave it like this...

I don't get what you mean can you post a screenshot of this? The only time I know the start bar and the splash screen is shown at the same time on startup is the ROM is not properly ported :)

Desperado1987

Nov 4, 2007
I don't get what you mean can you post a screenshot of this? The only time I know the start bar and the splash screen is shown at the same time on startup is the ROM is not properly ported :)

I soft resetted to make a screenshot, and it appeared to be ok now. Did it 3 times. It stays like that, so the problem is solved. Thanx for the help!

nitroblu

Dec 2, 2008
sorry for the late reply, was busy with the ROM cooking :D
tha's ok, i understand :)

does anyone have the actual splash screen of the default HTC Touch Pro one posted in the 1st post? I want to use it as the 3rd start up splash screen too, but I can't find a picture of it anywhere...

EDIT: nvm, i just extracted teh nbh file and reversed it back to bmp :), stupid me

Last edited:

TriAxisFL

Nov 24, 2006
Mount Dora, Fl
Hey pfcsabre,
I've already burnt a few new Splash screens, thanks so much. I did have a question though. Currently we have to use the Custom Wrapper to install these. Is there a way we can install these directly from our SD cards. Similar to installing a ROM from the SD card. That way we could quickly change our boot screens on the go.

Possibly just rename the splash we want to install to RALPHIMG.nbh and move it to the root of the SD and boot from the SD. If we did this would it only replace the Splash?

creedin

Nov 28, 2008
Hey pfcsabre,
I've already burnt a few new Splash screens, thanks so much. I did have a question though. Currently we have to use the Custom Wrapper to install these. Is there a way we can install these directly from our SD cards. Similar to installing a ROM from the SD card. That way we could quickly change our boot screens on the go.

Possibly just rename the splash we want to install to RALPHIMG.nbh and move it to the root of the SD and boot from the SD. If we did this would it only replace the Splash?

it should work just fine, its just like flashing from the pc or from sd, does the same thing both places... maybe make backups and test?

i see no problem with it

pfcsabre

Apr 4, 2008
The Hague
Hey pfcsabre,

it should work just fine, its just like flashing from the pc or from sd, does the same thing both places... maybe make backups and test?

i see no problem with it

Yep, that's right you can safely flash it via SD method ;) What I do is put my personal details in the Splash screen (name, address, phone) so it's kind of hardcoded :D

prisoner881

Nov 13, 2008
Atlanta
The stock AT&T Fuze had an ugly, annoying, animated 3G splash screen of some sort. I'm glad it's gone, but is there a way to replace it with some other kind of animated splash? I do 3D graphics work and I'm considering making a slick logo/animation for NATF's ROM's.

msuk

Jan 12, 2005
err... that file was from the first post in this thread..? which I created..? so why do I need to test it again..? :rolleyes:

lol ok thanks, just from experience when i had a Kasier i found some T-Mobile splash screen varied from country to country. I just wanted to make sure it is the UK vario IV screen.

ksjuggalo

Jan 3, 2009
CDMA?

N00B ALERT!!

Is there any reason i cant use this with my Alltel CDMA TP?

Also this will not interfere with any custom rom i have flashed?