Xperia Z Notification LED isn't working

Search This thread

Lufremu

Feb 23, 2013
Hey everyone,

I got the Xperia Z yesterday and it's a great phone. However, my notification LED isn't working for email, WhatsApp or Facebook. When charging it is actually orange and when the battery is low it's red. I tried LightFlow without success. Does anyone have similar issues?

Also, my phone is a demo unit from a tech review. I don't know if that might be a relevant difference but my kernel version is:

3.4.0-g298631f-01992-g95474bc
BuiltUser@BuiltHost) )
#1 SMP PREEMPT Sun Jan 13 15:30:38 2013

Build number is: 10.1.A.1.350

Let me know if you have similar issues or a different kernel/build version on a retail device and no problems.

G

GuestK00431

Hey everyone,

I got the Xperia Z yesterday and it's a great phone. However, my notification LED isn't working for email, WhatsApp or Facebook. When charging it is actually orange and when the battery is low it's red. I tried LightFlow without success. Does anyone have similar issues?

Also, my phone is a demo unit from a tech review. I don't know if that might be a relevant difference but my kernel version is:

BuiltUser@BuiltHost) )

Let me know if you have similar issues or a different kernel/build version on a retail device and no problems.

You got Stamina Mode on? light wont work if thats on. Needs to be off for it too work.

Dsteppa

May 7, 2012
Hey everyone,

BuiltUser@BuiltHost) )

It doesn't just work with any program. Let someone send you a text and see if it works then.
People need to adjust it so that it also works with whatsapp etc.

kailash911

Aug 27, 2009
Same here

I have the same problem, didn't find a solution yet ... Did you unlock your bootloader by any chance?

Last edited:

Lufremu

Feb 23, 2013
I have the same problem, didn't find a solution yet ... Did you unlock your bootloader by any chance?

Sorry to hear that, but I'm glad I'm not the only one with the problem. Is yours a normal retail unit? I guess there shouldn't be a difference anyway, hopefully. A friend of mine also got a demo unit and has the same problem, therefore I thought there might be a connection.

I haven't done anything regarding the bootloader either.

Last edited:

Hellscythe

Sep 8, 2012
straya kienttt
Sorry to hear that, but I'm glad I'm not the only one with the problem. Is yours a normal retail unit? I guess there shouldn't be a difference anyway, hopefully. A friend of mine also got a demo unit and has the same problem, therefore I thought there might be a connection.

I haven't done anything regarding the bootloader either.

Wait, so some unlucky people get sent a demo unit instead of retail unit?

FlooDnl

Apr 16, 2008
Sadly enough not here i dit the factory reset and still it doesnt show any notifications with the led. Not for whatsapp neither for email or missed calls.

Stamina mode has not been used or on atm, any1 any tips for me?

G

GuestK00431

Sadly enough not here i dit the factory reset and still it doesnt show any notifications with the led. Not for whatsapp neither for email or missed calls.

Stamina mode has not been used or on atm, any1 any tips for me?

Anyway to keep it working while Stamina Mode is on?

C1emen7s

Mar 2, 2013
Hey everyone,

BuiltUser@BuiltHost) )

Edit: Never mind.

No longer have LED issue after switching off stamina mode and rebooting.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts