[Q] [Help] Phone shutting down when unplugged

Search This thread

Osni~*

Dec 15, 2010
São Paulo
Hi,

I'm experiencing some problems with my Xperia ZQ (C6503), which I bought less than a month ago, and would like to know if someone could help me, I'm getting desperate :(

The problem:
When turning on the phone, it displays the SONY logo (or DooMLoRD's, if I install TWRP recovery) for about 3 or 4 seconds, then shuts down (I can't even get to the boot animation, where there's the XPERIA logo and the waves).

The only way to get it to boot is turning it on while having the USB cable connected to a charger or PC. It will work just fine until I unplug it.
At this point, if I leave it alone and only access the home screen or SMS app, it will remain on until the battery is fully discharged. However, if I open any other app like WiFi networks, camera, contacts etc., it WILL shut down and I'll have to plug it again to be able to boot up...

What I did with the phone before this happened:
- Rooted using DooMLoRD Easy Rooting Toolkit and used it for a few days
- Unlocked boot loader with Flashtool
- Flashed DooMLoRD's CWM-Based Recovery 6.0.3.2
- Installed AOKP MR1 Milestone 2 (Android 4.2.2) and used it for a couple weeks

What I did trying to solve the problem:
- Wiped data/cache/dalvik cache
- Flashed various stock brazilian ROMs through Flashtool (10.3.A.1.434, 10.3.1.A.2.67 and 10.3.A.0.423) countless times
- Flashed AOKP again
- Restored to 10.3.1.A.2.67 using Sony Update Service (had to relock the bootloader with Flashtool)
- Tried updating using Sony PC Companion but it said I'm already in the latest version
- Tried to use Sony Emma but I can't get login credentials (I'm not receiving the confirmation e-mail)

I followed some instructions for similar problems in the Q&A forum but most of them end saying the owner had to send the phone to warranty, but they never say what's the outcome...

Do you think I'll have to do the same? If so, is there anything more to before sending it, other than relocking the bootloader and flashing stock firmware?

Thanks and sorry for the lengthy thread :)

Reactions: emguepo

martin132014

Jan 14, 2011
Hi,

I'm experiencing some problems with my Xperia ZQ (C6503), which I bought less than a month ago, and would like to know if someone could help me, I'm getting desperate :(

The problem:
When turning on the phone, it displays the SONY logo (or DooMLoRD's, if I install TWRP recovery) for about 3 or 4 seconds, then shuts down (I can't even get to the boot animation, where there's the XPERIA logo and the waves).

The only way to get it to boot is turning it on while having the USB cable connected to a charger or PC. It will work just fine until I unplug it.
At this point, if I leave it alone and only access the home screen or SMS app, it will remain on until the battery is fully discharged. However, if I open any other app like WiFi networks, camera, contacts etc., it WILL shut down and I'll have to plug it again to be able to boot up...

- Flashed various stock brazilian ROMs through Flashtool (10.3.A.1.434, 10.3.1.A.2.67 and 10.3.A.0.423) countless times
- Flashed AOKP again
- Restored to 10.3.1.A.2.67 using Sony Update Service (had to relock the bootloader with Flashtool)
- Tried updating using Sony PC Companion but it said I'm already in the latest version
- Tried to use Sony Emma but I can't get login credentials (I'm not receiving the confirmation e-mail)

I followed some instructions for similar problems in the Q&A forum but most of them end saying the owner had to send the phone to warranty, but they never say what's the outcome...

Do you think I'll have to do the same? If so, is there anything more to before sending it, other than relocking the bootloader and flashing stock firmware?

Unfortunately, what you read is right and you need to send it to servise center for repair unless you can change the battery itself yourselves...
Otherwise their is nothing you can do but to send it to Sony...
I have similar problem and because some don't say the outcome yet is because haven't receive the phone yet...like me, I have been waiting nearly 2 month for it to repair it by sony...
Don't know wether Sony accept my warranty or not because I have unlocked the bootloader and root...but before send I already relock it and unroot it..so hope Sony didn't find that out...
Of you have warranty, what you can do is just do the same...and hoping for the best...

Press thanks if this help....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions: Osni~*

jun1662

Feb 8, 2013
Antipolo City
Samsung Galaxy S20
My unit is still in the service and awaiting battery. The same problem, which as far as I know is only present to the ZL model, and the root cause is the malfunctioning battery. I did not do anything with my C6502, its completely stock, but the dealer wants me to present a receipt for them to acknowledge the warrantry of my unit. I politely told them that the unit is several months old and it has not been opened and in pure stock condition. What then will be my protection when the unit was a gift from my daughter I argued.

In short I did not prevail and yes it is bummer considering that the phone is about 3 months old in pure stock condition. I am beginning to doubt the brand and how they stand behind their product. First time to use Sony, Am currently using my old reliable Samsung Galaxy S2 while waiting for the ZL battery. Yes I will pay for everything. parts and labor. B!@#$ accept my apologies for releasing. . .

coilbio

Apr 22, 2011
its happening to the Z as well.

I went through this September, it took 5 weeks and they sent me an Xperia Z as replacement which was great because the ZL development stalled.

CokeJunkee

Aug 18, 2011
some info

The problem is with the BMS (battery management system) inside the battery pack (--> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battery_management_system).
If an unsafe state is detected, the BMS shuts down the battery to prevent it from severe damage (fire, etc.).
Some people manage to "repair" the BMS by going through several charge and discharge cycles but this doesn't always work.
A few years back we've played around with some cheap lithium polymer battery packs without BMS.
On heavy discharg load around 50% of the cells caught fire.. (Well, we were building an electronic car for the formula student, but the concept is the same ;) )

If you send your phone in to Sony, in most cases they don't change the battery, they just reset the BMS.
This problem can occur with all modern lithium batteries, depending on the BMS thats used inside.
I'll post here if I find a way to reset the BMS for the ZL battery, but I don't think it's that easy..
And still, you would have to open your device and connect the battery to a small microcontroller (if someone has programming skills, it might work with the Arduino board..?!?)

Depending on where you live, it can take very long (2 months plus) until you get your phone back.
You might think about replacing the battery yourself.. You can find them on ebay and several battery suppliers online for around 35$.
Here you can find the service documents: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2516874

Last edited:

control freak

Mar 31, 2013
New Delhi
my ZL too had this strange auto shutdown thingy, mine was fully stock, no root no unlocking.
i sent it to sony for repair. they sent me a new ZL within a week:D saying it had some problems with the battery.
i live in India.

Osni~*

Dec 15, 2010
São Paulo
Thanks for the information, I knew it was something with the battery. Some people said their phone came back to life after reconnecting the battery.

EDIT: I don't know anything about this battery management system, but Z/ZL seems to have a pretty dumb one. :p

Since I just got the phone and wouldn't open it, i tried discharging the battery but things got worse, the phone got stuck on a boot loop with the red LED blinking 3 times and was not charging again. :rolleyes:

Thankfully it charged back when I tried with the original charger and cable (they were at work).

I just dropped the phone at an authorized repair center, they'll sent it to Sony and I will (or should) receive it back in up to 20 days.

Will let you guys know when I get any news.

Last edited:

dr2005k

Jul 8, 2011
Grand Forks
Sony Repair Service is awful.

Onsi~ did it take 22 business days or 22 calendar days? Mine phone has been at Sony's repair center for 31 calendar days 20 business days and the repair center just seems to be sitting on their hands. Sony's tech support doesn't seem like they can push it along either. :mad:

OK, got my phone back (a new one, actually) this saturday, after 22 days. :D

They confirmed the problem was something with the battery.

Thanks for all the help!

Osni~*

Dec 15, 2010
São Paulo
Onsi~ did it take 22 business days or 22 calendar days? Mine phone has been at Sony's repair center for 31 calendar days 20 business days and the repair center just seems to be sitting on their hands. Sony's tech support doesn't seem like they can push it along either. :mad:
Hello dr2005k,
It took 22 days (16 business days).

The deadline given by the attendant was initially in days, but when I called them near the end of the deadline they claimed it was in business days :mad:.

It all depends on your agreement with the repair center. If it has already expired and they are sitting in their hands, like you said, you can complain to them (if you didn't already) and maybe say you would sue them if they don't give your phone back. (Even if you don't intend to, they will get scared and try to solve your problem a little faster :p).

Also try contacting Sony directly, that's what I was about to do.

I had a last resort option, in my contry (Brazil) there's a law that states if the product spends more than 30 days in the repair center, the manufacturer has to give you another one (brand new, not refurbished) or your money back.

Reactions: dr2005k

Rianto

Jan 23, 2014
My Xperia ZL started shutting down when unplugged

My ZL is also shutting down when unplugged. Will changing the battery help?

dr2005k

Jul 8, 2011
Grand Forks
Hello dr2005k,
It took 22 days (16 business days).

The deadline given by the attendant was initially in days, but when I called them near the end of the deadline they claimed it was in business days :mad:.

It all depends on your agreement with the repair center. If it has already expired and they are sitting in their hands, like you said, you can complain to them (if you didn't already) and maybe say you would sue them if they don't give your phone back. (Even if you don't intend to, they will get scared and try to solve your problem a little faster :p).

Also try contacting Sony directly, that's what I was about to do.

I had a last resort option, in my contry (Brazil) there's a law that states if the product spends more than 30 days in the repair center, the manufacturer has to give you another one (brand new, not refurbished) or your money back.

Thanks for the reply. I'll be contacting them again tomorrow to see if the device they offered me over a week will get shipped soon.

---------- Post added at 04:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:38 PM ----------

Most likely but you'll most likely have to send it to a Sony repair facility for warranty work. I hope you have better luck than I do getting your phone repaired and sent back.

AndroidBR

Nov 7, 2010
Kansas City
Hi,

The problem:

- Flashed AOKP again

Exactly the same problem here buddy...

Here's a little email I've sent Sony Tech Support and their Press people:

"I've purchased my Xperia ZL in the United States (online at the end of March 2013 at ATGSM.com) and started using it mid April, 2013. I currently live in Sao Paulo, Brazil.

After using this phone normally for about 9 months, there was this one day back on the first week of January 2014, where I was taking lots of photos at the world famous "Serra da Capivara National Park" and could just feel the phone heating up like never before. Next thing I know, the screen went blank and phone would not respond when I pressed the power button.

I had to pres the reset button in the back of the phone in order to make it work again. But once I tried to load the camera app, the phone would automatically shut itself off. I thought it could be related to a faulty or corrupted External SD Card, so I went ahead and removed that as well before I attempted to turn my phone back on. After the system loaded up again I tried to oped the camera app and the phone turned itself off again. Any app that would require a significant amount of processing power would cause the phone to freeze and shut off.

So I decided to charge the phone all the way up until 100% (while powered off). When it reached 100% I turned it back on and used it normally (while it was still plugged to the wall charger), so I thought... Great, the phone is "OK again"! Then I went ahead and unplugged the phone off the charger, expecting it to function normally... In just a matter of minutes, with just a little bit of usage (checking emails or browsing the web) the phone simply shuts itself off on its own, yet again. I tried to turn the phone back on again and just as before, I was greeted by the Sony logo and - without any warnings or alerts - the screen simply goes blank again and that's it. This is all it does on the battery.

I've searched online for a solution for this problem and I got nowhere. My phone is all stock, bootloader locked, not rooted. I've formatted and updated it with the latest Firmware (10.4.B.0.569) a couple of times using Sony's Update Service application for Windows to no avail. Nothing seems to fix this battery/shut down on its own problem. There's tons of other Sony users complaining about similar issues with their Xperias. Just look up "xperia zl shuts off" on Google and you'll see what I mean.

My phone is one big dud...

So there you have it - one big useless US$650 piece of hardware. That only functions normally when it's plugged into a wall charger or your average computer USB port.

Not much of a "mobile" phone if you ask me.

I'm extremely unhappy with Sony's hardware and their inflexible technical support.

I've purchased this device in the United States and they can only grant me tech support under my 1 year manufacturer's warranty if I ship it over to their facility in Texas for repairs. That's no big deal for me. The one big problem is: They want me to have a US shipping address so they can ship if over to that address after they finish repairing/replacing/refurbishing my phone. And I've got a big problem with that.

I do not live in the United States. How am I supposed to pick my phone up over there?

After doing some digging through my phone's IMEI, Sony's tech support representatives brought to my attention that my device is a "Grey Market" phone (meant to be used in Singapore?) and that they don't even know how long it will take for them to service my phone. According to their supervisor, it could take anywhere from 1 month up to 4 months, maybe even more for them to repair and send it back to me.

See what I'm going through here?!?!?!

What good is it for a company as big as Sony to print and place a cute little warranty pamphlet inside the box of your brand new phone, containing the numbers of several different technical support worldwide if the 1 year warranty is not going to be covered in all of those different countries??????????????

I took the initiative to call Sony's specialized Xperia Mobile support telephone number from that pamphlet that came with my phone (not a free call, by the way) here in Brazil and shared with them my frustration regarding my Xperia ZL. They were sympathetic with me, and readily provided me with 3 different authorized service centers near my home, with their respective addresses and telephone numbers.

I managed to reach a couple of those authorized repair centers here in Brazil (over the phone) only to find out that they DO NOT have any of these Xperia ZL / ZQ batteries in stock. They also mentioned that several other customers called them and shared their bad experiences with their Xperia ZQ's battery life (defective batteries) and were greeted the same way: "I'm sorry, we can't help you. We do not carry that replacement battery in stock. We have already placed the order for those with Sony, but there's no estimate of when or even if these will ever arrive in our store anytime soon... I'm sorry about that..."

Yeah, I'm sorry about that too Sony.

I'm really sorry I bought a Sony smartphone.

I wish I could go back in time and buy a Samsung Galaxy S4 Google Play Edition instead.

But it's too late... I've already spent 650 bucks on your crappy smartphone, Sony.

Looking back, I can tell you that I've had problems with lots of other computer components that I've purchased in the States, from several different manufacturers. And I've RMA'd lots of these defective memory modules (RAM), defective SD Cards, etc. I've shipped it from Brazil straight to them in the States and in less than 1 month after they received my RMA, they went ahead and shipped a replacement back to me (in Brazil) FREE OF CHARGE! Most importantly, with NO HASSLE! That's right, NONE of these companies refused to ship it back to me at my Brazilian address like Sony is doing to me at this time.

This is the worst customer support from such a big and Global company that I've ever dealt with in my entire life.

Shame on you Sony!

After this horrible experience, here's a few things that I CAN and WILL DO for sure:

- I will NEVER buy another Sony device (camera, smartphone or laptop) ever again.

- I will never recommend a Sony product to any of my friends and family.

- I will never buy another phone with a built in, internal battery.

Sony has been continuously releasing and flooding the market with new phones that doesn't add a whole lot of improvements over their previous gen devices (ZR - Z - ZL - Z1 - Z1 Ultra - Z1S and so on). All they do is depreciate the value of what they have already released just a few months for just a little more, sometimes even less money than what you paid for your current "last gen" Sony phone just 2 or 3 months ago.

The Xperia ZL was released with last gen Snapdragon S4 Pro and in just a couple of months after I purchased my ZL they released a new, better spec'd smartphone, the Xperia Z1. And now, Sony has just announced the Xperia Z1S...

I understand that in today's mobile market / segment it's "the norm" to have this ever evolving and improving trend of new technology on mobile devices, but this seems to be getting kind of out of hand. You buy something today for US$650, sometimes even more depending on where on earth you live, only to see it become seemingly obsolete in just a matter of 3 months.

Sighs...

I'm through with Sony."

Sorry for making it lengthy as well! :D

Reactions: nebixts and emguepo

Osni~*

Dec 15, 2010
São Paulo
I suggest you to first try restoring your device with Sony Update Service (it's in Sony website, just Google for it). If the problem persists, you now have a charger-dependant smartphone.....

Not sure if replacing the battery will help... I've read that someone fixed the problem just by detaching the battery cable, waiting a few minutes and then plugging it back, but I can't verify that.
Keep in mind that opening you device will void the warranty.

You can send it to repair center if it's still in warranty (or if you're willing to pay), but remove any customisation before that (eg. lock bootloader, restore TA partition etc.).

Thanks for the reply. I'll be contacting them again tomorrow to see if the device they offered me over a week will get shipped soon.
I hope you can get your phone soon ;).

[...]
Those are my feelings, exactly.

I really fail to understand why Sony did nothing to correct this problem since it's clearly visible that ALL Xperia Z(insert letter/number here) models have this issue. Some start to show the symptoms on the first week and others after 1 year.

I love my Xperia ZQ/ZL, it's an awesome phone, but I have this feeling that this problem will occur again (bad luck if it's after the warranty...) and I should just have bought another model/brand (not the S4 though :D)...

That being said, whenever someone asks me for advice to buy a new phone, I tell them to get away from the new Xperias. They are great phones, but you may be granted in the battery issue lotto :rolleyes:

Reactions: dr2005k

dr2005k

Jul 8, 2011
Grand Forks
Yes and it's being sent back again.

I hope you can get your phone soon ;).

Well I got my phone back from Sony Tuesday Night. And it's going back today... Sigh. They sent me back my old phone after offering me a new one which kinda annoyed me. Then when I tried to actually call someone with it they couldn't hear me and I found out that the main microphone is now broken. Hopefully it doesn't take another 6 weeks to get a fixed or replacement. I'm a very patient person but this is starting to wear that down really quick. I never had warranty work be this useless.

marksee

Jul 30, 2011
los angeles
Agr! this is the exact problem with my phone. Just started this week, i start the camera app and the phone crashes! I had to keep it on charge for the most part to get it to work, so.. its a wired phone now.

Can someone document a quick way to get it fixed or replacement, where did you start? sony chat, email or visiting a repair store?

melvinrobertson

Nov 3, 2013
Hi,

The problem:

- Flashed AOKP again

this is the common problems in all the xperia zl, as it occurs after android 4.3 update, even i am also suffering fom this problem, my bootloadert was unlocked, i had relock it using flashtools, but it had just relock my bootloader, no drm keys came back, and give it to sony service center, as after unlocking my bootloader, previous os was not installing, its 5 days now, and service center is still trying to repair my phone, your they also got headache, tommorow i will ask them to replace the cell !

marksee

Jul 30, 2011
los angeles
Well I got my phone back from Sony Tuesday Night. And it's going back today... Sigh. They sent me back my old phone after offering me a new one which kinda annoyed me. Then when I tried to actually call someone with it they couldn't hear me and I found out that the main microphone is now broken. Hopefully it doesn't take another 6 weeks to get a fixed or replacement. I'm a very patient person but this is starting to wear that down really quick. I never had warranty work be this useless.

wow, you are a very patient man. i would be writing emails to ceo, posting on reddit, post on their facebook wall, their hangouts wall, and all other forums (hint) about it, and how incapable sony is in their repair service.

Chonwey

Sep 30, 2013
this is the common problems in all the xperia zl, as it occurs after android 4.3 update, even i am also suffering fom this problem, my bootloadert was unlocked, i had relock it using flashtools, but it had just relock my bootloader, no drm keys came back, and give it to sony service center, as after unlocking my bootloader, previous os was not installing, its 5 days now, and service center is still trying to repair my phone, your they also got headache, tommorow i will ask them to replace the cell !

Is that right? Whe should start a new thread with symptoms like Upgrades, model version of the device AND chargers used lastly ( still thinking that's not the problem )

PD: Luckily I'm getting a new battery( used actually, torn apart from a totally destroyed device ) in 2 days from now and check if that's the real problem.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    some info

The problem is with the BMS (battery management system) inside the battery pack (--> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battery_management_system).
    If an unsafe state is detected, the BMS shuts down the battery to prevent it from severe damage (fire, etc.).
    Some people manage to "repair" the BMS by going through several charge and discharge cycles but this doesn't always work.
    A few years back we've played around with some cheap lithium polymer battery packs without BMS.
    On heavy discharg load around 50% of the cells caught fire.. (Well, we were building an electronic car for the formula student, but the concept is the same ;) )

If you send your phone in to Sony, in most cases they don't change the battery, they just reset the BMS.
    This problem can occur with all modern lithium batteries, depending on the BMS thats used inside.
    I'll post here if I find a way to reset the BMS for the ZL battery, but I don't think it's that easy..
    And still, you would have to open your device and connect the battery to a small microcontroller (if someone has programming skills, it might work with the Arduino board..?!?)

Depending on where you live, it can take very long (2 months plus) until you get your phone back.
    You might think about replacing the battery yourself.. You can find them on ebay and several battery suppliers online for around 35$.
    Here you can find the service documents: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2516874
    STOP flashing custom roms..... that always kill your phone , just stay with a oficial firmware and no root. and stuff like that. mi ZL is clean and working perfectly

Wrong Daniel, my ZL went from 4.2 official to 4.3 official, didn't unlock, didn't do any "unofficial" stuff on it, I don't even have it rooted since his 8GB are plenty for me.

That being said, this problem is DEFINELTY not comming from unlocking / rooting / using custom rom, so feel free to do it at will.
    Hi,

The problem:

- Flashed AOKP again

"I've purchased my Xperia ZL in the United States (online at the end of March 2013 at ATGSM.com) and started using it mid April, 2013. I currently live in Sao Paulo, Brazil.

After using this phone normally for about 9 months, there was this one day back on the first week of January 2014, where I was taking lots of photos at the world famous "Serra da Capivara National Park" and could just feel the phone heating up like never before. Next thing I know, the screen went blank and phone would not respond when I pressed the power button.

I had to pres the reset button in the back of the phone in order to make it work again. But once I tried to load the camera app, the phone would automatically shut itself off. I thought it could be related to a faulty or corrupted External SD Card, so I went ahead and removed that as well before I attempted to turn my phone back on. After the system loaded up again I tried to oped the camera app and the phone turned itself off again. Any app that would require a significant amount of processing power would cause the phone to freeze and shut off.

So I decided to charge the phone all the way up until 100% (while powered off). When it reached 100% I turned it back on and used it normally (while it was still plugged to the wall charger), so I thought... Great, the phone is "OK again"! Then I went ahead and unplugged the phone off the charger, expecting it to function normally... In just a matter of minutes, with just a little bit of usage (checking emails or browsing the web) the phone simply shuts itself off on its own, yet again. I tried to turn the phone back on again and just as before, I was greeted by the Sony logo and - without any warnings or alerts - the screen simply goes blank again and that's it. This is all it does on the battery.

I've searched online for a solution for this problem and I got nowhere. My phone is all stock, bootloader locked, not rooted. I've formatted and updated it with the latest Firmware (10.4.B.0.569) a couple of times using Sony's Update Service application for Windows to no avail. Nothing seems to fix this battery/shut down on its own problem. There's tons of other Sony users complaining about similar issues with their Xperias. Just look up "xperia zl shuts off" on Google and you'll see what I mean.

My phone is one big dud...

So there you have it - one big useless US$650 piece of hardware. That only functions normally when it's plugged into a wall charger or your average computer USB port.

Not much of a "mobile" phone if you ask me.

I'm extremely unhappy with Sony's hardware and their inflexible technical support.

I've purchased this device in the United States and they can only grant me tech support under my 1 year manufacturer's warranty if I ship it over to their facility in Texas for repairs. That's no big deal for me. The one big problem is: They want me to have a US shipping address so they can ship if over to that address after they finish repairing/replacing/refurbishing my phone. And I've got a big problem with that.

I do not live in the United States. How am I supposed to pick my phone up over there?

After doing some digging through my phone's IMEI, Sony's tech support representatives brought to my attention that my device is a "Grey Market" phone (meant to be used in Singapore?) and that they don't even know how long it will take for them to service my phone. According to their supervisor, it could take anywhere from 1 month up to 4 months, maybe even more for them to repair and send it back to me.

See what I'm going through here?!?!?!

What good is it for a company as big as Sony to print and place a cute little warranty pamphlet inside the box of your brand new phone, containing the numbers of several different technical support worldwide if the 1 year warranty is not going to be covered in all of those different countries??????????????

I took the initiative to call Sony's specialized Xperia Mobile support telephone number from that pamphlet that came with my phone (not a free call, by the way) here in Brazil and shared with them my frustration regarding my Xperia ZL. They were sympathetic with me, and readily provided me with 3 different authorized service centers near my home, with their respective addresses and telephone numbers.

I managed to reach a couple of those authorized repair centers here in Brazil (over the phone) only to find out that they DO NOT have any of these Xperia ZL / ZQ batteries in stock. They also mentioned that several other customers called them and shared their bad experiences with their Xperia ZQ's battery life (defective batteries) and were greeted the same way: "I'm sorry, we can't help you. We do not carry that replacement battery in stock. We have already placed the order for those with Sony, but there's no estimate of when or even if these will ever arrive in our store anytime soon... I'm sorry about that..."

Yeah, I'm sorry about that too Sony.

I'm really sorry I bought a Sony smartphone.

I wish I could go back in time and buy a Samsung Galaxy S4 Google Play Edition instead.

But it's too late... I've already spent 650 bucks on your crappy smartphone, Sony.

Looking back, I can tell you that I've had problems with lots of other computer components that I've purchased in the States, from several different manufacturers. And I've RMA'd lots of these defective memory modules (RAM), defective SD Cards, etc. I've shipped it from Brazil straight to them in the States and in less than 1 month after they received my RMA, they went ahead and shipped a replacement back to me (in Brazil) FREE OF CHARGE! Most importantly, with NO HASSLE! That's right, NONE of these companies refused to ship it back to me at my Brazilian address like Sony is doing to me at this time.

This is the worst customer support from such a big and Global company that I've ever dealt with in my entire life.

Shame on you Sony!

After this horrible experience, here's a few things that I CAN and WILL DO for sure:

- I will NEVER buy another Sony device (camera, smartphone or laptop) ever again.

- I will never recommend a Sony product to any of my friends and family.

- I will never buy another phone with a built in, internal battery.

Sony has been continuously releasing and flooding the market with new phones that doesn't add a whole lot of improvements over their previous gen devices (ZR - Z - ZL - Z1 - Z1 Ultra - Z1S and so on). All they do is depreciate the value of what they have already released just a few months for just a little more, sometimes even less money than what you paid for your current "last gen" Sony phone just 2 or 3 months ago.

The Xperia ZL was released with last gen Snapdragon S4 Pro and in just a couple of months after I purchased my ZL they released a new, better spec'd smartphone, the Xperia Z1. And now, Sony has just announced the Xperia Z1S...

I understand that in today's mobile market / segment it's "the norm" to have this ever evolving and improving trend of new technology on mobile devices, but this seems to be getting kind of out of hand. You buy something today for US$650, sometimes even more depending on where on earth you live, only to see it become seemingly obsolete in just a matter of 3 months.

Sighs...

I'm through with Sony."

Sorry for making it lengthy as well! :D
    OK, got my phone back (a new one, actually) this saturday, after 22 days. :D

They confirmed the problem was something with the battery.

Thanks for all the help!
    Hi,

The problem:

- Flashed AOKP again

Unfortunately, what you read is right and you need to send it to servise center for repair unless you can change the battery itself yourselves...
    Otherwise their is nothing you can do but to send it to Sony...
    I have similar problem and because some don't say the outcome yet is because haven't receive the phone yet...like me, I have been waiting nearly 2 month for it to repair it by sony...
    Don't know wether Sony accept my warranty or not because I have unlocked the bootloader and root...but before send I already relock it and unroot it..so hope Sony didn't find that out...
    Of you have warranty, what you can do is just do the same...and hoping for the best...

Press thanks if this help....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro