[Q] Does Desire support class 10 SD cards?

Search This thread

Robi959

Mar 11, 2011
I have micro SD card from my nokia 5800 xm, 8 gb class 4. Are these the normal speed of my sd-card ?

In SD Card Tester;
File size is 300 mb,
Write speed: 3.22 MB/s ,
Reading speed: 9.18 MB/s.

And in SD Tools;
Write speed: 10.9 MB/s
Reading speed: 17.6 MB/s

Cirunz

Jul 18, 2010
Rome
www.giocaroma.it
I use a class sandisk 6 16GB with a2sd AND d2sd and it works very smooth just like this, though I'm curios about how it'll be on a class 10.

Anyway the manufacturer also matter: sandisk is the only one that never gave me a problem, and is very fast.
Last year I bought an A-Data class 8 on an offer on amazon and it wasn't even half the speed of the class 6 I talked above.
A friend of mine yesterday said that there are very good benchmark on the class 10 ridata microsdhc.

Sumatie

May 26, 2012
Perth
For a2sd most class 6 cards will be better then class 6 cards.

I take it you mean class 6 cards are better than class 10??

I did read somewhere the desire only supports up to class 6, and that using a faster card is still limited to class 6 performance? I use 16gb class 10, had a 4gb class 6 before, no speed difference at all, quadrant and antutu results did not change.

Bahnhof

Oct 6, 2010
Class2 vs 10 comparison

in German, but maybe interesting for some of you (even google translate):
brutzelstube.de posted some comparison of class 2 vs. class 10: search for sd-karte-class-2-oder-class-10-ist-geschwindigkeit-alles

gn_ro

Nov 6, 2012
Maybe will help others

I have micro SD card from my nokia 5800 xm, 8 gb class 4. Are these the normal speed of my sd-card ?

In SD Card Tester;
File size is 300 mb,
Write speed: 3.22 MB/s ,
Reading speed: 9.18 MB/s.

And in SD Tools;
Write speed: 10.9 MB/s
Reading speed: 17.6 MB/s

I know it's an old thread, but I'm posting here to eliminate the confusion between SD card classes and GUARANTEED read/write speed.
Almost normal. According to wikipedia url en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Secure_Digital

Class Minimum performance
Class 2 2 MB/sec
Class 4 4 MB/sec
Class 6 6 MB/sec
Class 10 10 MB/sec

squarefw

Feb 13, 2013
there is no doute C10 is much better than c2 and C4. But still depends on brand and quality

Ape_D

Mar 20, 2013
Duisburg
Class10

I´m on a Transcend 32gb Class10 Micro

having no problems

on my last rom (VJ CM10 JB) a2sd worked fine for me with Y-Y-Y in Terminal Emulator
had no lags when setting developer options right

so final answer to question from my side: YES :D

irbis_triffle

Jan 26, 2011
Kiev
Original (got with the phone) Samsung 1Gb class 6 died in a four month)))
Now I'm using Sandisk 16Gb class 10 for more than year and have no any problems.

mathorv

Jun 5, 2011
Class is minimum guaranteed certified speed so any class should work (phone HW/SW limits speed). Homever i have 3 cards with class two and about 15 MB RW speeds. There are many benchmarks for testing speeds.
Interesting question is durability. quoting wikipedia:

Code:
Write endurance

The write endurance of SLC floating-gate NOR flash is typically equal to or greater than that of NAND flash, while MLC NOR and NAND flash have similar endurance capabilities. Example Endurance cycle ratings listed in datasheets for NAND and NOR flash are provided.

SLC NAND flash is typically rated at about 100k cycles (Samsung OneNAND KFW4G16Q2M)
    MLC NAND flash used to be rated at about 5k – 10k cycles (Samsung K9G8G08U0M) but is now typically 1k – 3k cycles
    TLC NAND flash is typically rated at about 1k cycles (Samsung 840)
    SLC floating-gate NOR flash has typical endurance rating of 100k to 1M cycles (Numonyx M58BW 100k; Spansion S29CD016J 1,000k)
    MLC floating-gate NOR flash has typical endurance rating of 100k cycles (Numonyx J3 flash)

However, by applying certain algorithms and design paradigms such as wear leveling and memory over-provisioning, the endurance of a storage system can be tuned to serve specific requirements.[29]

WalkieGo

Jun 17, 2015
I prefer SanDisk 64GB Extreme Pro SD Card for my travel camera.
I think it's a good quality-price ratio...

zurpher

Dec 3, 2010
BQ Aquaris X Pro
Redmi Note 9 Pro
Please consider a few things:

There are 2 very important factors that seem to be overlooked. First is the maximum speed if the SD card controller in the Desire. A card can be as quick as it wants, but it won't transfer data any quicker than the controller is capable of.

Has anyone figured out what the SD card controller in the Desire is capapble of?

BTW, I own a HTC Desire S but that should not make too much of a difference I presume.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    You will spot BIG difference in running any DHD (or normal) + DATA2SD Rom on class 6 and 10. If you are using the phone "on daily basis" you don't even need root. If you want to have full custom lil monster of space (DATA2SD), performance (Custom ROM) and speed (Class 10 SD Card + Overclocking), class 10 16 GB card is must have ;)
    Yes it supports Class 10 . I completely agree with the previous post ;)
    This ADATA class 10 16 gb just amazed me.

Model:
    They are sold in 2 versions but card itself is the same. Difference is only in add-ons.
    AUSDH16GCL10-RM3RDRD Cheaper with red USB adapter (the one I've got)
    AUSDH16GCL10-RM3BKBL More expensive (about 8 $ more) with SD card adapter (that you don't need or have plenty of those), with black/blue light USB adapter (wich U will use probably once for benchmarks)

Both USB Adapters are really small and you can show off with MicroSD card literally going under the USB plug.

Price:
    I've paid 125 PLN that is about 40 $ at internet shop (be careful on ebay as they sell chinese cheap fake crap from dealextreme.com). Card is doing very well especially if you compare speed and price to Kingston or SanDisk.

Speed:
    I'm not professional IT technician so I was really surprised that home made benchmark went better than Kingston's (usually overboosted) found on benchmarking site.

Performance:
    StarBurst with Siebre's dedicated DATA2SD runs smoothly, especially after last Siebre's dalvik2nand update.

Long Story Short:
    I'm happy with cheap genuine ADATA Class 10 16 gb card.

Swyped via StarBurst Desire.