How to Flash recovery?

Search This thread

ruffrider5956

Jul 10, 2008
I have followed the instructions how to flash recovery yet it just wont flash it tell me wrong image or no image. The recovery is on the root of the sd card but when I put into hboot screen it wont update. I am not sure what I am doing wrong here.

joaquinf

Sep 17, 2010
Bucaramanga

shahkam

Jan 22, 2011
Canada
your rooted i assume ? Get rom manager from market and flash it whitin the app...

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using xda premium

T-Macgnolia

Sep 30, 2010
Shannon, Ms.
I have followed the instructions how to flash recovery yet it just wont flash it tell me wrong image or no image. The recovery is on the root of the sd card but when I put into hboot screen it wont update. I am not sure what I am doing wrong here.

Ok I am going to ask the obvious questions here.

1. Is the file name PG58IMG.zip? If not the stock recovery will not flash it.

2. Do you have the file on the root of your SD card? If not the stock recovery will not detect the file. If you do not know what the root of your SD card is, it imeans it is not in a folder.

3. Have you tried re downloading just in Case it is a bad down load?

4.have you checked your SD card with a reader to make sure it is a readable card?

5. Are you positive your bootloader is unlocked?

Edit:
6. Have you tried flashing it via ADB fastboot commands?

Last edited:

ruffrider5956

Jul 10, 2008
Ok I am going to ask the obvious questions here.

1. Is the file name PG58IMG.zip? If not the stock recovery will not flash it.

2. Do you have the file on the root of your SD card? If not the stock recovery will not detect the file. If you do not know what the root of your SD card is, it imeans it is not in a folder.

3. Have you tried re downloading just in Case it is a bad down load?

4.have you checked your SD card with a reader to make sure it is a readable card?

5. Are you positive your bootloader is unlocked?

Ok this helped I kept extracting the zip did it without extracting the zip and it worked. How would I know if the bootloader is unlocked?

T-Macgnolia

Sep 30, 2010
Shannon, Ms.
Ok this helped I kept extracting the zip did it without extracting the zip and it worked. How would I know if the bootloader is unlocked?

Ok if the bootloader is unlocked your Hboot would read either of the following.

S-offed via Revolutionary will say Revolutionary Shipped S-off or something like that, you will know if it is there.

S-offed via HTC Dev it will say Unlocked Shipped S-on.

shahkam

Jan 22, 2011
Canada
Ok if the bootloader is unlocked your Hboot would read either of the following.

S-offed via Revolutionary will say Revolutionary Shipped S-off or something like that, you will know if it is there.

S-offed via HTC Dev it will say Unlocked Shipped S-on.

Exactly and once you get root just follow my steps should work and keep in mind if you wanna flash a ics rom get an oca firmware 3.32+ ...

T-Macgnolia

Sep 30, 2010
Shannon, Ms.
Wont the 3.32 update cancel my root? also do i need to do supercid off to flash roms?

Yes if you flash the official OTA file it will remove root. You only have to super CID if you want to be able to flash official ROMs from other regions besides your own. But saying that it is still a good idea to Super CID as some Custom ROMs may require it depending on what the ROM base is.

shahkam

Jan 22, 2011
Canada
Wont the 3.32 update cancel my root? also do i need to do supercid off to flash roms?

It will otherwise your gonna have to stay whit sense 3.0 roms and i think 3.5 aswell just root get s-off grt recovery flash rom power off go back into hboot whit the firmware on root of your sdcard it will ask for update do it reboot and enjoy and you can do supercid later if you wish..