Captivate charging port woes..

Search This thread

startswithp

Apr 3, 2012
houston
my captivate stopped charging so I took it to be repaired. After 3 days and $35 I get my phone back and it charges anywhere with any mini usb charger. bad news is that it will not go into debugging mode when i plug it into my computer. It will still charge however when plugged in via usb cable. Just NO DATA transfer thru usb cable at all...

Attachments

• Screenshot_2012-05-09-07-44-16.jpg
    Screenshot_2012-05-09-07-44-16.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 78

Entropy512

Senior Recognized Developer
Aug 31, 2007
Owego, NY
my captivate stopped charging so I took it to be repaired. After 3 days and $35 I get my phone back and it charges anywhere with any mini usb charger. bad news is that it will not go into debugging mode when i plug it into my computer. It will still charge however when plugged in via usb cable. Just NO DATA transfer thru usb cable at all...

D+ and D- are shorted together - bad repair

startswithp

Apr 3, 2012
houston
So I brought it back to the repair shop where the front desk girl proceeded to take my phone to the back for all of thirty seconds just to come out and say it's working fine... Guess I should've went with the $50 repair after all. Any way I can repair this at home? it.

aaricchavez

Aug 9, 2010
Tampa
So I brought it back to the repair shop where the front desk girl proceeded to take my phone to the back for all of thirty seconds just to come out and say it's working fine... Guess I should've went with the $50 repair after all. Any way I can repair this at home? it.
Open your phone up and take a look, they probably accidentally soldered the D+ & - together like Entropy512 said. You could repair it yourself if you have any skill/s with a soldering iron.