[Solved] ADB device not found

Search This thread

binlalo

Feb 5, 2012
Hi, I'm trying to go back to stock rom following this guide but I can't get adb to recognize my phone (even if I've already used adb in this pc to unlock the bootloader and flash the custom recovery). I'm on Liquid Smooth ROM and my pc has Windows 8.1.

I tried uninstalling motorola drivers and reinstalling again and uninstalling and letting windows install the drivers automatically but no luck either way (and USB debugging is activated in the phone).

When I access to the device manager in the pc it shows a warning sign on Motorola ADB Interface saying the controllers for that device are not installed, that the manufacturer is unknown and that there aren't compatible controllers for the device (I'm translating what the pic says for those who don't understand spanish xD). I tried to uninstall that Motorola ADB interface thing but it remains there.

What can I do?

SOLUTION: See last post.

Last edited:

gpz1100

Nov 28, 2009
You'll need to manually install the driver for the unknown devices. Point to your motorola driver folder.

Reactions: binlalo

neozen21

Oct 11, 2010
Henderson, NV
Are you on CM11?

I had the same problem, tried Motorola USB Driver, Universal ADB driver, Google USB driver and also editing the USB.inf to match the hardwareID.. none of that worked until I set the USB computer connection to Camera (PTP)

Good luck!

Reactions: binlalo

binlalo

Feb 5, 2012
Are you on CM11?

I had the same problem, tried Motorola USB Driver, Universal ADB driver, Google USB driver and also editing the USB.inf to match the hardwareID.. none of that worked until I set the USB computer connection to Camera (PTP)

Good luck!

That same thing happens to me, if I put it in camera mode it does work, the problem is that I need it to work in fastbood mode and it doesn't recognize my device there :(

binlalo

Feb 5, 2012
You'll need to manually install the driver for the unknown devices. Point to your motorola driver folder.

EDIT: I've found the solution, I noticed I had two Motorola ADB Interface controllers, one in "Android Devices" and the other in unknown controllers. I went to the unknown one and imported the same certificate the upper one had and now it works (though I have two Motorola ADB Interface in android devices).

Last edited:

neozen21

Oct 11, 2010
Henderson, NV
That same thing happens to me, if I put it in camera mode it does work, the problem is that I need it to work in fastbood mode and it doesn't recognize my device there :(

In fastboot mode, I made the USB work by using Koush's Universal ADB driver.
But if you are using Windows 8 or 8.1, you'll need to turn off the forced signature verification before you can install the drivers, since they are not signed.

Well... glad you got it..

FaiTCRaH

Jul 6, 2011
EDIT: I've found the solution, I noticed I had two Motorola ADB Interface controllers, one in "Android Devices" and the other in unknown controllers. I went to the unknown one and imported the same certificate the upper one had and now it works (though I have two Motorola ADB Interface in android devices).

Well... glad you got it..[/QUOTE]

can you explain how did you do this? i have the same problem on c-rom....

Last edited:

DarkDarth

Jan 9, 2014

can you explain how did you do this? i have the same problem on c-rom....[/QUOTE]

Go to device manager, you should see a device called "Android Device" (IIRC). Right click to update device drivers, select device driver, manually search for one but then pick choose from a list. You should be able to see the right driver that is normally used.

Reactions: SkyWo1f

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Are you on CM11?

Good luck!

can you explain how did you do this? i have the same problem on c-rom....[/QUOTE]

Go to device manager, you should see a device called "Android Device" (IIRC). Right click to update device drivers, select device driver, manually search for one but then pick choose from a list. You should be able to see the right driver that is normally used.