Xperia S problem + request for a good rom

Search This thread

VintageX

Mar 3, 2013
Hello, I apologise if this is in the wrong section.
Today I decided to flash my rom, I decided to go for Dirty Unicorns. I transfered the ROM onto my internal storage and used CWM to flash install it. The ROM doesnt boot up, since I didnt copy any other ROMs onto my phone and since there is no SD card in xperia S I cannot put a different ROM on it to then flash it, therefore I'm stuck. Also if anyone would be so kind to recommend me a very good and nice looking ROM, I would be very grateful.
Thanks.

mc_cut_killer

Dec 13, 2010
Hello,

I Think you should reflash the stock rom via SUS.

Then you could try the last build of PA 4.41 by Deedwar, it work well for me ( check last posts un his thread).

You need to flash the boot.img first via adb, then you could have TWRP for flashing the new rom.

This process work for some other ROM too.

I Think it failed cause you're using CWRP insted of TWRP.

Good luck

Sent from my Xperia S using XDA Free mobile app

Last edited:
Reactions: VintageX

VintageX

Mar 3, 2013
Hello,

I Think you should reflash the stock rom via sus.

Then you could try the last build of PA 4.41, it work well for me ( check last posts).

You need to flash the boot.img first via adb, then you could have TWP for flash the new rom.

Good luck

Thank you, I will try this.

Mirhawk

Jan 31, 2014
Today I decided to flash my rom, I decided to go for Dirty Unicorns. I transfered the ROM onto my internal storage and used CWM to flash install it. The ROM doesnt boot up, since I didnt copy any other ROMs onto my phone and since there is no SD card in xperia S I cannot put a different ROM on it to then flash it, therefore I'm stuck. Also if anyone would be so kind to recommend me a very good and nice looking ROM, I would be very grateful.
Thanks.

The current Dirty Unicorn build is not booting up, You should have read that in thread. Anyways, You can still use the same ROM. Just flash kernel from here via fastboot using flashtool and then boot up, no need to flash the ROM again.

Using SUS or Sony PC Companion won't help since You have unlocked bootloader.

If You still want to try other ROM, download flashtool and flash the stock ftf(6.2.b.1.96)(search it on xda, You will find it) via flashmode. And then copy ROM to phone and flash the ROM. Note You would have to root and install cwm again.

I would recommend Carbon v10, pretty good ROM.

Reactions: VintageX

VintageX

Mar 3, 2013
The current Dirty Unicorn build is not booting up, You should have read that in thread. Anyways, You can still use the same ROM. Just flash kernel from here via fastboot using flashtool and then boot up, no need to flash the ROM again.

If You still want to try other ROM, download flashtool and flash the stock ftf(6.2.b.1.96)(search it on xda, You will find it) via flashmode. And then copy ROM to phone and flash the ROM. Note You would have to root and install cwm again.

Hello, I have already flashed my phone. I installed Carbon and I think I will stick to it, since I like it. Thank you for your answers and help.

CaLix25

May 31, 2013
Lucena City
Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeese :(

Hey,
Can any one please provide me a mirror link of this rom http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2592002, i want to try this but i can't access the two link
Mega link stuck here about 30 mins, not running the loading ba
12.PNG
Google driver Screenshot
123.PNG

Please, i want to try this rom, stable in all 4.4 rom
My device is Sony Experia SL
I'm From Saudi Arabia but I am Filipino, im sorry if i post here but i don't know where it post
Thanks in advance

Last edited:

mikylucky

Jun 29, 2014
Rome
I suggest using ParanoidAndroid! I've been using it for a couple of months and it's very good, there are very few bugs but it's updated every week

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello,

I Think you should reflash the stock rom via SUS.

Then you could try the last build of PA 4.41 by Deedwar, it work well for me ( check last posts un his thread).

You need to flash the boot.img first via adb, then you could have TWRP for flashing the new rom.

I Think it failed cause you're using CWRP insted of TWRP.

Good luck

Thanks.