dont show parth in apply from phone storge

Search This thread

crownvn

Oct 28, 2010
Hanoi
my divice at UNLOCKED status, after recover stock for checking update OTA 4.4.3
then I want to check update OTA by manual . when access stock boot loader it not show the part of folder where I am putting on OTA file as below
.....<Temper>
Reboot system now
apply from SD card
apply from phone storge
apply from card
wipe data/ factory reset
wipe card partition
red atriangle with exlamation mark area

mount SDcard failed 1 times
mount SDcard failed 2 times
mount SDcard failed 3 times
mount SDcard failed 4 times
mount SDcard failed 5 times
Can't mount SD card ( No such device)
write host_mode : 0 done

I don't know why? pls hel me

alray

Inactive Recognized Contributor
May 22, 2012
my divice at UNLOCKED status, after recover stock for checking update OTA 4.4.3
then I want to check update OTA by manual . when access stock boot loader it not show the part of folder where I am putting on OTA file as below
.....<Temper>
Reboot system now
apply from SD card
apply from phone storge
apply from card
wipe data/ factory reset
wipe card partition
red atriangle with exlamation mark area

mount SDcard failed 1 times
mount SDcard failed 2 times
mount SDcard failed 3 times
mount SDcard failed 4 times
mount SDcard failed 5 times
Can't mount SD card ( No such device)
write host_mode : 0 done

I don't know why? pls hel me

are you s-on or s-off and in which folder did you aved the ota?

alray

May 22, 2012
my device S-ON
OTA put on Root SD card(phone store,)

you can not flash ota manually from stock recovery if the phone is s-on, only with s-off.

+

ota zip file must be saved in /android/obb and then in stock recovery, install from phone storage --> /obb --> your_ota.zip

anyway will not work with s-on, update process must be launched within the OS

Reactions: crownvn

crownvn

Oct 28, 2010
Hanoi
you can not flash ota manually from stock recovery if the phone is s-on, only with s-off.

+

ota zip file must be saved in /android/obb and then in stock recovery, install from phone storage --> /obb --> your_ota.zip

Tks your info.
I tryed to move ota.zip to ../obb as your guide . it stil cant show on boot loader stock.
it measn that if my divece 's S-ON so boot loader can't show full the parth where put on OTA.zip file?

this way cant because S-ON so I ran code "fastboot oem lock " for my phone come back RELOCKED for checking automatic update.then checking the message always display " my device 's lastest" ( can't update)
now I am confusing :
  • I cant update automatic after my device comeback recovery stock with my OS 5.12.707.4
  • don't show full the parth where put on OTA.zip file when access stock boot loader (S-ON in my decise)
please support me to clear on this

alray

May 22, 2012
Tks your info.
I tryed to move ota.zip to ../obb as your guide . it stil cant show on boot loader stock.
it measn that if my divece 's S-ON so boot loader can't show full the parth where put on OTA.zip file?

this way cant because S-ON so I ran code "fastboot oem lock " for my phone come back RELOCKED for checking automatic update.then checking the message always display " my device 's lastest" ( can't update)
now I am confusing :
  • I cant update automatic after my device comeback recovery stock with my OS 5.12.707.4
  • don't show full the parth where put on OTA.zip file when access stock boot loader (S-ON in my decise)
please support me to clear on this

1. you can not apply ota manually from recovery with S-ON, only for S-OFF phones. You can try whatever you want, it will not work with S-ON. The only way you can isntall ota with S-ON is from the OS in settings ---> about ---> software updates
  2. relocking the bootloader was not necessary to install ota.

what ota version are you trying to install?
are you sure there is an update available for your version (.707)?

crownvn

Oct 28, 2010
Hanoi
  1. you can not apply ota manually from recovery with S-ON, only for S-OFF phones. You can try whatever you want, it will not work with S-ON. The only way you can isntall ota with S-ON is from the OS in settings ---> about ---> software updates
  2. relocking the bootloader was not necessary to install ota.

what ota version are you trying to install?
are you sure there is an update available for your version (.707)?

you are right ,understood which you said
spend for long time Now it is updating OTA then OS 4.4.3:good:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    my device S-ON
    OTA put on Root SD card(phone store,)

+