HTC confirms bootloader unlock...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

BonesRed

Apr 27, 2010
Lower East Side, NYC
Awesome, pretty fast too Though course I would prefer faster. I also wonder if the T Mo unlock will be on August because if just says that it will be "later" after the global version!

Hmmmmm, just don't F it all up now HTC

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using XDA Premium App

Last edited:

Lakeshow423

Nov 14, 2010
SoCal
Sounds good to me! HTC now could be held accountable with a time frame, none of this future update open time frame BS :p

lokhor

Aug 11, 2010
Lower Hutt
Will carrier firmware mean that I can't get the upgrade to unlocked bootloader firmware or will I be able to force an update via some application on the PC?

dr.m0x

Oct 28, 2010
Auckland
Good to see they kept their promise. Now if the Htc Sensation gets Cyanogenmod then I may just buy one but at the moment the dirty old o2x may be my new phone this year.

---
Sent from my Cyanogenmod-ified phone.

frostmore

Nov 21, 2010
htc did the right thing by providing a unlocked bootloader.

this should be the way to go,supporting the dev community so that they can adopt good ideas into their products.

i cannot say the same for dell though...

mazook98

Sep 23, 2010
Key phrases in this memo:

'SUPPORT bootloader unlocking'
'BEGIN'
'followed by..........'
'EXPECT'
'EARLY SEPTEMBER'
'SOFTWARE UPDATES'.

This announcement has obviuosly been SCRUBBED by HTC legal. They just created a ****ton of loopholes for themselves, and gave themselves a LOT more time. We need to realize that the way they worded this sets it up to where we'll have to accept OTAs BEFORE the whole 'unlocking capability' is updated.

Not thrilled.

Sent from my 3DeeVo

Reactions: Pinepig

melloyello

Jan 8, 2006
London
This is fantastic news. Got an unbranded S4G last week (first Android phone) after waiting 6 weeks to upgrade and now I can look forward to learning about kernals and the rest (i hope lol). Not sure i can do that seeing as I'm merely a noob, but i'll give it a try :) Cheers HTC and, more importantly, XDA-Devs!!

tenbeau

Apr 24, 2010
Leesburg, Fl
Key phrases in this memo:

'SUPPORT bootloader unlocking'
'BEGIN'
'followed by..........'
'EXPECT'
'EARLY SEPTEMBER'
'SOFTWARE UPDATES'.

This announcement has obviuosly been SCRUBBED by HTC legal. They just created a ****ton of loopholes for themselves, and gave themselves a LOT more time. We need to realize that the way they worded this sets it up to where we'll have to accept OTAs BEFORE the whole 'unlocking capability' is updated.

Not thrilled.

Sent from my 3DeeVo
I totally agree with the quoted post above. Their statement is pure Legalese. To me this just sets up the scenario where a portion of the globe is given first the ability to unlock the boatloader and then sometime later the ability to use the capability to unlock the boatloader. No real precise time frames for either one. HTC states that The US Senation 4g is to follow with no real time frame and then sometime perhaps in latter part of Sept the capability to use the unlock boatloader update. They also did not mention which year, I am betting on Dec 12 of 2011.:rolleyes:
e

bonebeatz1234

Feb 5, 2010
rockford,il
If you believe they will unlock it next month your smoking crack, i gaurentee they won't talk is cheap. I hope they prove me wrong but i doubt it.

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using XDA Premium App

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts