[Q] Get a Clean version of thunderbolt ? [no verizon crap]

Search This thread

xtrimsky

Dec 17, 2010
Hey,

I'm not an owner of a Thunderbolt, but my wife is. She's annoyed with all the verizon crap on it. What would you guys recommend to do to have a perfectly clean rom ?
She still wants all the HTC Sense stuff and not get used to anything else.

My first though was to root it, and then with Titanium Backup just go over all the apps and uninstall them one by one. But if there is a clean rom that already has that I could be better.

Thank you

orkillakilla

May 10, 2010
Tennessee
KillaSense, FactorySense, Skyraider are all very clean stock roms that have all the Verizon bloat removed and all run very smooth.

Sent from my ADR6400L using xda premium

Last edited:
Reactions: mjhopkins1

Jrocker23

Mar 7, 2010
Staten Island, NY
Hey,

I'm not an owner of a Thunderbolt, but my wife is. She's annoyed with all the verizon crap on it. What would you guys recommend to do to have a perfectly clean rom ?
She still wants all the HTC Sense stuff and not get used to anything else.

My first though was to root it, and then with Titanium Backup just go over all the apps and uninstall them one by one. But if there is a clean rom that already has that I could be better.

Thank you
just root the stock app and remove the apps you dont want. She will get rid of the crap & still have her stock rom that she is familiar with...

Pender1

Apr 6, 2011
If you look through the ROMs, there are a couple that are bone stock with the exception of being rooted. Get S-off then install one of those and remove what apps you don't want.

xtrimsky

Dec 17, 2010
Thank you everyone, I've managed to do everything correctly. I've installed FactorySense. But I'll probably have to try another one because this one doesn't have the HTC Alarm clock app!!!!!

arbrouwer

Jul 11, 2010
Just use Titanium Backup and "freeze" any of the apps you don't want. You'll need to root in order to use.

Jrocker23

Mar 7, 2010
Staten Island, NY
Thank you everyone, I've managed to do everything correctly. I've installed FactorySense. But I'll probably have to try another one because this one doesn't have the HTC Alarm clock app!!!!!

If you want, go here http://www.htcthunderbolt4g.com/htc-thunderbolt-custom-roms/gingerbreadrockv1-0-v1-1-(newest-gingerbread-leak)/ and you can download the stock rom that ships with the thunderbolt. Its the latest version and has all the bloatware from verizon removed (3.1a version) except the data usage app/widget

there is version 3.0a - rooted but nothing removed

& 3.1a - rooted and debloated as well as other tweaks

There are other roms around as well if this doesnt suit you

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    KillaSense, FactorySense, Skyraider are all very clean stock roms that have all the Verizon bloat removed and all run very smooth.

Sent from my ADR6400L using xda premium