[RECOVERY] CWM 5.5.0.4 For Acer A100

Search This thread

Theonew

Dec 4, 2010
Wherever I am
One more question do I need any thing in my platform tools forder other than my recovery?

Sent from my SPH-D700 using XDA

Yes. You need adb.exe and fastboot.exe (along with the dll files).
So i'm going to conclude...after changing install-recovery.sh to install-recovery.sh.bak AND THEN doing the above will get this to work for anyone who is having problems..
Actually doing it before is better. If you flash then rename it (which requires booting your device), then it will reflash the stock recovery upon boot (erasing the custom recovery). If you rename it then flash, that will not happen.

Last edited:

.Gibson.

Mar 24, 2012
Chicago
So i went back to HC....and then redid this whole process...got to the point with the whole flashing of clockworkmod ..tried to go to recovery and I got the dead android....

I went ahead and did these instructions...STILL DEAD BOT...

I went ahead and renamed my install-recovery.sh to install-recovery.sh.bak and still had the dead android when I tried to get into recovery...

Then ....I went ahead and followed the procedure AGAIN and it worked...

So i'm going to conclude...after changing install-recovery.sh to install-recovery.sh.bak AND THEN doing the above will get this to work for anyone who is having problems..

Yeah, the install-recovery.sh if left unchanged, restores your recovery partition to stock the next time you reboot. So when you got the dead android, then changed the extension to .bak, CWM needs to be flashed again in one way or another.

Edit: Someone beat me to it^^

Thought I'd stop in to say hi.

Progress on this may be a little slow for the immediate future, as our primary focus has been getting the rom builds up for all the devices... the cwm based recovery is a by-product of the builds.
Rest assured, we'll work on it as time allows.

In the meantime, you've got a recovery that won't complain when you flash this

Enjoy ;)

Is there any way to mount /system RW with programs like root explorer on this release?

Last edited:

cheeb

Dec 17, 2006
Actually doing it before is better. If you flash then rename it (which requires booting your device), then it will reflash the stock recovery upon boot (erasing the custom recovery). If you rename it then flash, that will not happen.

Good to know for next time.......

Question....

I see that when you do the Memory Swap to sdcard Clockworkmod creates the backups to your "internal storage" (which is actually your "external storage" after the trick)....will there be any to fix this in future releases?

NoSudo

Feb 2, 2012
Kalifornia
First off, THANKS to all envolved!:D

Second, Id like to confirm the files I have are good before I attempt to flash.

Here is what I get with md5sum

17633b3ca8cf81a88a1766b88100c39e recovery.img

de7df7d1e3046568fc0147a93aa90a05 update-cm-9.0.0-RC0-vangogh-UNOFFICIAL-signed.zip

ptesmoke

Sep 23, 2008
Cold Lake
Is there any way to mount /system RW with programs like root explorer on this release?

yes...i will have to post the commands after work...basically i remounted as rw and reran the root that zeronull released. this makes the /system always rw when toggled with root explorer. if you dont remount the root script fails.

First off, THANKS to all envolved!:D

Second, Id like to confirm the files I have are good before I attempt to flash.

Here is what I get with md5sum

17633b3ca8cf81a88a1766b88100c39e recovery.img

de7df7d1e3046568fc0147a93aa90a05 update-cm-9.0.0-RC0-vangogh-UNOFFICIAL-signed.zip

ill also have to post these after work...unless wds beats me :-D

Sent from my SGH-I897 using xda premium

Reactions: NoSudo

.Gibson.

Mar 24, 2012
Chicago
yes...i will have to post the commands after work...basically i remounted as rw and reran the root that zeronull released. this makes the /system always rw when toggled with root explorer. if you dont remount the root script fails.

Ok great! I have been mounting the /system with "mount -o remount, rw /system/". But I am in the same boat as you and can't try anything until after work.

NoSudo

Feb 2, 2012
Kalifornia

ill also have to post these after work...unless wds beats me :-D

Thanks again m8

ptesmoke

Sep 23, 2008
Cold Lake
ok so for system mounting i used this code in an adb shell from my pc

toolbox mount -o remount, rw /system/

which gave me rw system with root explorer,

I then tried the A100 root that is linked in my OP and it finished successfully and i now have toggle rw working in root explorer.

checking md5's now

recovery.img md5 : 17633b3ca8cf81a88a1766b88100c39e
my adb is being retarded and wont gimme the md5 for the cm9 build....will try later..

Last edited:
Reactions: NoSudo

Theonew

Dec 4, 2010
Wherever I am
ok so for system mounting i used this code in an adb shell from my pc

toolbox mount -o remount, rw /system/

which gave me rw system with root explorer,

I then tried the A100 root that is linked in my OP and it finished successfully and i now have toggle rw working in root explorer.

checking md5's now

recovery.img md5 : 17633b3ca8cf81a88a1766b88100c39e
my adb is being retarded and wont gimme the md5 for the cm9 build....will try later..
Tested but it's only temporary; I had to manually create the "mempodroid" file and the "tools" folder in addition to placing the su binary in /system/bin/. Once I try to toggle it, it remains back at R/O (same result as the command alone).

masr1979

Apr 5, 2006
Perth Amboy, New Jersey
I can't even get root in adb shell. I can get it in terminal emulator, but I'm getting permission denied when I try through adb.

I'll get back to you guys after I try a few more things.

*edit* Superuser is denying su privileges to "shell" does so automatically, even if I set Superuser to accept all request, it still denies it. *edit*

Last edited:

.Gibson.

Mar 24, 2012
Chicago
Yes, I did. It failed unless I did the stuff mentioned.

Sent from my A500 using XDA Premium HD app

I did the same thing as you earlier today. It makes the script look as though it completed but you don't get a reboot and /system does not become rw by rootexplorer.

EDIT: Even with GPS and location services enabled, it seems like none of my apps can find my location. Am I missing something key?

Last edited:

ptesmoke

Sep 23, 2008
Cold Lake
I did the same thing as you earlier today. It makes the script look as though it completed but you don't get a reboot and /system does not become rw by rootexplorer.

EDIT: Even with GPS and location services enabled, it seems like none of my apps can find my location. Am I missing something key?

ive noticed the opposite...my gps is actually working now. you might wanna downlpad gps test and let it do its thing. forst gps boot takes well over 2 mins. after that i get locks in under 30 seconds

toyface

Aug 7, 2010
Derbyshire
Ha ha, like a n00b I didn't the thread whilst getting down to all this this morning, tried a backup, ran out of space, cleared internal sd card of ROMs etc, I freed 3 Gig, really need to start using the 15 Gig free on my external SD.

Will be spending a lot of time on this today, can't wait to get the CM build up and running. Thanks everyone.

.Gibson.

Mar 24, 2012
Chicago
did u run zeronulls root?

ive noticed the opposite...my gps is actually working now. you might wanna downlpad gps test and let it do its thing. forst gps boot takes well over 2 mins. after that i get locks in under 30 seconds

Ok, I will mess around with it later after work. I was making sure I didn't forget to install something, etc... Thanks for the help.

I forgot to mention my problem isn't necessarily with my GPS, but a few different widgets for weather and news were unable to find my location. It says there is no location service available, which is not true they are all turned on.

Last edited:

masr1979

Apr 5, 2006
Perth Amboy, New Jersey
...my problem isn't necessarily with my GPS, but a few different widgets for weather and news were unable to find my location. It says there is no location service available, which is not true they are all turned on.

The kindle fire has that issue as well.

---------- Post added at 02:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:12 PM ----------

I can't even get root in adb shell. I can get it in terminal emulator, but I'm getting permission denied when I try through adb.

I'll get back to you guys after I try a few more things.

*edit* Superuser is denying su privileges to "shell" does so automatically, even if I set Superuser to accept all request, it still denies it. *edit*

Ok so I ran all the commands from terminal emulator and NOW I can mount /system as rw from root explorer, and it sticks through reboots. I can also get root access through adb as well, which was going out the door as soon as I installed the new CWM.

... Now I gotta wait 'til I get home to install all my apps.

Anyways, if having some issues with adb, then I suggest running everything from the tablet itself.

Reactions: .Gibson.

.Gibson.

Mar 24, 2012
Chicago
Ok so I ran all the commands from terminal emulator and NOW I can mount /system as rw from root explorer, and it sticks through reboots. I can also get root access through adb as well, which was going out the door as soon as I installed the new CWM.

... Now I gotta wait 'til I get home to install all my apps.

Anyways, if having some issues with adb, then I suggest running everything from the tablet itself.

Thank you. I copied all of the files to /data/local/tools. From the terminal on the tablet with root I entered:

chmod 0755 /data/local/tools/*
/data/local/tools/mempodroid 0xd9f0 0xaf47

I then copied all of the text from getroot.sh from the /data/local/tools directory and pasted it into the terminal window. The tablet rebooted and I can now toggle /system RW on any app. Thanks again buddy, I am not sure why it wasn't working through ADB. I even have it set under developer options under settings.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    DISCLAIMER

Thank you to all the DEV'S who have made this possible.
    waydownsouth,
    gh123man,
    hbwelch,
    randomblame,
    shchers,
    Koush

I am in no way responsible for any damage done to your tablet. Follow the instructions!
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here it is guys, Stock CWM Recovery for the ACER A100.

Before anything make sure you have the latest ICS leak C/O Vache, Root, and Unlocked Bootloader.

Official ICS Leak c/o Vache:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1510706

Root Instructions here:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1531646

Unlock your bootloader for fastboot, follow here:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1557445

once you have done all of the above, you should be ready to flash this recovery. Make sure you have ADB up and working properly. And place the recovery.img in your working folder (see below)

1- Open a command prompt in your working folder (usually in your platform tools, mine is C:\android-sdk-windows\platform-tools) make sure you are administrator.

2- Connect Tablet to pc :) and get excited.

3- Type: adb devices (verify your Tab is connected and listed)

4- Type: adb reboot bootloader

5- Once bootloader is in fastboot type: fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
    You will see writing recovery, flashing recovery, etc.

6- Once flashed Type: fastboot reboot

7- Profit :)

This recovery has been tested by myself, and is the first in a series of goodies coming :) please be patient, dont ask for ETA's as the DEV's are EXTREMELY hard at work and don't even have this device themselves. Big THANKS to all of them!

Now keep in mind most mistakes are made in the location of where you opened the command prompt, just be sure the recovery.img is in the folder you are working in with the command prompt. If it isn't, well, it wont flash anything.

Download CWM Recovery 5.5.0.4 for A100: http://www.mediafire.com/?sgkiz31lg2jd19v

Download A100 ICS Gapps: http://www.mediafire.com/?db2rl0z6v8xc2a8

Follow A100 CM9 progress...Original thread here ---> http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1597102

Please Hit thanks button of everyone involved, this couldn't be possible without this great community.
    Recovery IMG... easy as 1-2-3... jejeje

Hope this is ok with you PTESMOKE...

I CANNOT STRESS ENOUGH THAT THIS IS ONLY TO TRANSFER THE RECOVERY IMAGE... YOU MUST FOLLOW EVERYTHING UNTIL ITS TIME FOR CLOCKWORKMOD TO BE INSTALLED...

(You need to have Terminal Emulator for this to work, download if nessesary)​

*** You can download the file directly from your tablet, no need for a PC ***​

1.) Get the file attached and unzip to the /sdcard/ directory (NOT /external_sd/ which is your microSD)

2.) Open TERMINAL EMULATOR and type: su (This requires ROOT access)

3.) Then type: sh /mnt/sdcard/rec.sh

Let the fireworks burn my friends... No need for a PC to flash the RECOVERY IMAGE... jejeje

Enjoy
    Thought I'd stop in to say hi.

Progress on this may be a little slow for the immediate future, as our primary focus has been getting the rom builds up for all the devices... the cwm based recovery is a by-product of the builds.
    Rest assured, we'll work on it as time allows.

In the meantime, you've got a recovery that won't complain when you flash this

Enjoy ;)
    edit: Check OP for new link, both SD cards mounting. usb mass storage in recovery will have to wait for now. backups should be correct size. thanks guys. For now, "flash from internal Sd" actually mounts your external SD, and selecting "flash zip from SD" mounts the internal SD. Not a big deal but...confusing for some :p any other bugs please report :)
    One observation is that it now makes backups to the internal SD card :p.
    I'm having a hard time. Its will start to load up then I get an android with a red exclamation mark..

Sent from my SPH-D700 using XDA
    Try this:
    Code:
    adb devices
    adb reboot bootloader
    fastboot erase recovery
    fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
    fastboot reboot
    Then try to boot into recovery.
    edit: Check OP for new link, both SD cards mounting. usb mass storage in recovery will have to wait for now. backups should be correct size. thanks guys. For now, "flash from internal Sd" actually mounts your external SD, and selecting "flash zip from SD" mounts the internal SD. Not a big deal but...confusing for some :p any other bugs please report :)