[Q] sgh-i717 random sim read error

Search This thread

cjay1025

Jan 24, 2014
hi. first and foremost. im new to forums and i apologize if this is in the wrong place but any help would be appreciated.

i have a samsung galaxy note sgh-i717. it's at&t but ive been using it on t-mobile. everything was working fine up until earlier this week. i have not done ANY rooting or customizing at all but i keep getting no sim error. this error pops up randomly a couple times a day. i have a micro sim that i cut myself but i have that sim tray thing that holds it in place so im sure it isnt a matter of the sim card sliding out of place. but i just cant figure out why this is happening. can someone,.. anyone,, please help me!??

ufuknut

Feb 20, 2011
i had the same problem a few days ago. for my fix it was the radio software needed to be changed. might work for you too.

Reactions: SgtTeabag

SgtTeabag

Nov 5, 2013
I had the same problem and reflashed the modem and it worked.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Matt Bernius

Jan 17, 2008
Rochester
www.waking-dream.com
Some people have reported luck with just replacing the SIM card and memory card reader. That didn't work for me.

I ended up buying a used motherboard on eBay for about $80 and replaced the entire thing myself. Thankfully the modular construction of the Note makes it really easy - did it in under 1/2 an hour. Problem solved.

The only thing I stupidly forgot to do is pull is backup the internal hard drive... so I ended up having to put the old board back in and pull everything off of it and then switch the new board back again. *sigh*

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    i had the same problem a few days ago. for my fix it was the radio software needed to be changed. might work for you too.