[Q] soft-bricked?

Search This thread

flying_dutchman

Jul 9, 2008
Lyon
Hi, not very at easy with Sony (had an HTC and have a Morola Razr HD now), tried to help out a familymember having issues with his Xperia X10 (regular reboots/switching off randomly) by rooting, unlocking the B/L, adding a recovery and ending in installing a new rom.

Well, until the last part all functioned!
Then, the ROM...here things went wrong, tried sveral ones and had often the message where it couldn't launch the zip, modified the file as per instructions on XDA, retried, nothing.
I tried a last time, went away for "a sec" and upon my return I had the Sony Ericsson mask, which wouldn't go away.

Tried to check via Flashtool, phone still recognized, phone is seen as in "flasmode" but basically I'm unable to flash anything, nothing seems to be accepted....

Any ideas? Or should I simply throw the phone away?

thanks for the help!

PS tried to look all over the different pages, but didn't find a similar issue - hope I didn't miss anything (which could have saved several hours of stress, anger etc....)

cheers,

Last edited:

doodownunda

Apr 10, 2013
Hi, not very at easy with Sony (had an HTC and have a Morola Razr HD now), tried to help out a familymember having issues with his Xperia X10 (regular reboots/switching off randomly) by rooting, unlocking the B/L, adding a recovery and ending in installing a new rom.

Then, the ROM...here things went wrong, tried sveral ones and had often the message where it couldn't launch the zip, modified the file as per instructions on XDA, retried, nothing.
I tried a last time, went away for "a sec" and upon my return I had the Sony Ericsson mask, which wouldn't go away.

Tried to check via Flashtool, phone still recognized, phone is seen as in "flasmode" but basically I'm unable to flash anything, nothing seems to be accepted....

thanks for the help!

PS tried to look all over the different pages, but didn't find a similar issue - hope I didn't miss anything (which could have saved several hours of stress, anger etc....)

cheers,

Hi mate try flashing this ftf file with flashtool. http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1516960 Thank's to Tof. :D

You can drag and drop the ftf into flashtool as well. Make sure toTick no final verification.
Hold back key and plug usb into phone while turned off...

You may be flashing the wrong zip for the recovery you have, to change recovery just flash new kernel and when the green light comes on press back on phone to enter recovery, don't worry you can fix this. :good:

Reactions: Dr Goodvibes

jakuburban

Jan 22, 2011
Exactly as mate above me said.
And for the random reboots, the battery may just be broken. Check if it shuts down when using some more powerful apps or for example recording a video. Then it's battery

Sent from d605

flying_dutchman

Jul 9, 2008
Lyon
Hi, unfortunately no success (yet):

29/038/2014 20:38:41 - INFO - Device connected in flash mode
29/038/2014 20:38:42 - INFO - Opening device for R/W
29/038/2014 20:38:42 - INFO - Device connected in flash mode
29/038/2014 20:38:42 - INFO - Reading device information
29/038/2014 20:38:42 - INFO - Phone ready for flashmode operations.
29/038/2014 20:38:42 - INFO - Current device : X10i - CB511JP1AK - 1233-7025_R2C - 1227-4612_3.0.1.G.0.75 - WORLD-1-4-8_3.0.1.G.0.75
29/038/2014 20:38:42 - INFO - Start Flashing
29/038/2014 20:38:42 - INFO - Processing loader.sin
29/038/2014 20:38:42 - INFO - Checking header
29/038/2014 20:38:42 - INFO - Ending flash session
29/038/2014 20:38:42 - ERROR - ERR_SEVERITY="MAJOR";ERR_CLASS="SECURITY_CLASS";ERR_DYNAMIC="SIN header verification failed"

any indication/help appreciated:(

flying_dutchman

Jul 9, 2008
Lyon
Hi,

it worked - several times via SEUS & above!

Thanks!

Just 1 more question I/o to avoid same (....): I'd like to install JB on it, downloaded CM10, but just to be sure, how to proceed? There are kernel files, as well seperate as in the ROM; recovery isn't installed yet (Flashtool indicates "to be implemented").

Thanks for the advice here as well ;)

cheers

flying_dutchman

Jul 9, 2008
Lyon
Hi,

Finally got all working, installed CM 10.1, only issue facing is sever battery drain when using it - % going down by the minute....(in sreen of the battery's more than good)....

Anyway, that's another topic, this one is solved.

Thanks for the help.

Cheers :good:

Reactions: doodownunda

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

thanks for the help!

cheers,

Hi mate try flashing this ftf file with flashtool. http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1516960 Thank's to Tof. :D

You can drag and drop the ftf into flashtool as well. Make sure toTick no final verification.
    Hold back key and plug usb into phone while turned off...

You may be flashing the wrong zip for the recovery you have, to change recovery just flash new kernel and when the green light comes on press back on phone to enter recovery, don't worry you can fix this. :good:
    Hi,

Finally got all working, installed CM 10.1, only issue facing is sever battery drain when using it - % going down by the minute....(in sreen of the battery's more than good)....

Anyway, that's another topic, this one is solved.

Thanks for the help.

Cheers :good: