[Q] how to hide the NFC icon [kk]?

Search This thread

mcjordan92

May 27, 2011
Anyway its always on "ON" state all the time.. I dont want it to waste place for that..
Any idea how to hide it?

kingvortex

Mar 25, 2010
You need to be rooted and edit your build.prop. An easy way to do this is with Build Prop Editor.

You need to find the entry -
ro.nfc.icon.enable
Change the value from true to false, then reboot.

Edit - Beaten to it. ?

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk

Reactions: St.Jimmy90

mcjordan92

May 27, 2011
Nice idea! but some what it didn't work for me.
It was already on false when I first saw it.
I tried to 'true' it and re'false', tried to change every one there except the first but nothing worked (I restarted each time ofc, I've played with build.prop many times before)
Screenshot_2014-07-06-13-12-44.jpg

I was sure that the Gravity Xposed tool is related to that but disabling it didn't help.. any idea? :(

androidfreak70

Feb 12, 2014
here!
I tried to 'true' it and re'false', tried to change every one there except the first but nothing worked (I restarted each time ofc, I've played with build.prop many times before)
View attachment 2835790

I was sure that the Gravity Xposed tool is related to that but disabling it didn't help.. any idea? :(
hmm i have a bit HARD way for that but im sure you can do it! ;)
take systemUI.apk from system/priv-app or system/app
then rename it to SystemUI.zip then extract it in empty folder
then open folder called "res"
you will find alot of folders! open them ONE BY ONE and delete every NFC icon you find!
after you finish deleting all NFC icons go back to the place you extracted SystemUI.zip
select all the files and folders and compress them (put them in zip file) and select store compressing mode
after you finish rename the zip to SystemUI.apk ( the upper case letters keep them upper case!!)

download zipsigner app

install it and open it!
click CHOOSE IN/OUT button! and select the place the you put the new SystemUI.apk and select it
click the sign the file button
when finish open your file manager and go to the same folder you have SystemUI.apk
you will find apk file with the same name with extra SIGNED text!
rename it to SystemUI.apk and move to system/app or system/priv-app and REPLACE the old one then set the permissions to rw-r-r

reboot and enjoy it!

ps. i didnt tried it for sure but i found the icons inside the apk
BACKUP THE ORIGINAL SYSTEMUI.APK BEFORE TRY!!!!!!!

Xperia™ Z (C6602) with tapatalk

Reactions: mcjordan92

mcjordan92

May 27, 2011
you will find alot of folders! open them ONE BY ONE and delete every NFC icon you find!
after you finish deleting all NFC icons go back to the place you extracted SystemUI.zip
select all the files and folders and compress them (put them in zip file) and select store compressing mode
after you finish rename the zip to SystemUI.apk ( the upper case letters keep them upper case!!)

download zipsigner app

install it and open it!
click CHOOSE IN/OUT button! and select the place the you put the new SystemUI.apk and select it
when finish open your file manager and go to the same folder you have SystemUI.apk
rename it to SystemUI.apk and move to system/app or system/priv-app and REPLACE the old one then set the permissions to rw-r-r

reboot and enjoy it!

Well done my friend !
I feel like an hero after proccessing this and succussing.
I didn't completely followed your guide because the saying of "search every NFC icon and delete it" gave me a red light that this might be bad..
after done I can say that the only needed files for deleting are
stat_sys_nfc_forum.png and they are in 3 places:
SystemUI\res\drawable-hdpi
SystemUI\res\drawable-xhdpi
SystemUI\res\drawable-xxhdpi

Trying to zip it / unzip it apk it and sign it didn't work.
After renaming it once the file is ruined and can't use it anymore no matter signing or not.. (I probably didn't do it right but I couldn't do it that way..)
So what I did was copying the apk file to PC, opening it with winrar and deleting the files through it without changing the apk extension.
After that I sent back to phone and went to system/priv-apk folder, renamed the original systemUI.apk to .BAK (so I won't lose it)
and copied the edited 1 to there.
set permission to:
owner: read+write
Group: read+wrote
others: read

only this way it works, don't know what rw-r-r means but putting owner: r,w and others only read didn't work.
(I simply watched the premission on the original and did the same for the modified)
reboot and bam! it works!

Huge thanks for your guide !

Last edited:

androidfreak70

Feb 12, 2014
here!
Well done my friend !
I feel like an hero after proccessing this and succussing.
I didn't completely followed your guide because the saying of "search every NFC icon and delete it" gave me a red light that this might be bad..
after done I can say that the only needed files for deleting are
stat_sys_nfc_forum.png and they are in 3 places:
SystemUI\res\drawable-hdpi
SystemUI\res\drawable-xhdpi
SystemUI\res\drawable-xxhdpi

Trying to zip it / unzip it apk it and sign it didn't work.
After renaming it once the file is ruined and can't use it anymore no matter signing or not.. (I probably didn't do it right but I couldn't do it that way..)
So what I did was copying the apk file to PC, opening it with winrar and deleting the files through it without changing the apk extension.
After that I sent back to phone and went to system/priv-apk folder, renamed the original systemUI.apk to .BAK (so I won't lose it)
and copied the edited 1 to there.
set permission to:
owner: read+write
Group: read+wrote
others: read

only this way it works, don't know what rw-r-r means but putting owner: r,w and others only read didn't work.
(I simply watched the premission on the original and did the same for the modified)
reboot and bam! it works!

Huge thanks for your guide !
wow great! :D
any time to help :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Anyway its always on "ON" state all the time.. I dont want it to waste place for that..
    Any idea how to hide it?
    Open a buildprop editior and change the value of ro.nfc.icon.enable to false. You need root for that
    You need to be rooted and edit your build.prop. An easy way to do this is with Build Prop Editor.

You need to find the entry -
    ro.nfc.icon.enable
    Change the value from true to false, then reboot.

Edit - Beaten to it. ?

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk
    View attachment 2835790

download zipsigner app

install it and open it!

reboot and enjoy it!