Lastest windows live messenger CAB.. anyone?

Search This thread

sebastianmc

Jul 2, 2007
Ponta Grossa
hello friends, Im trying a wm6.1 that comes without windows live msn, I searched for all the cabe collections that I could find... but not found :(
could anyone share the newest windows live msn? in rapidshare please!!
thx bros
:)

badfrom82

May 15, 2008
live messenger for HTC TyTN II

Hi,
would it work in HTC TyTN II Windows Mobile 6.0 with Orange network?

abid885

Jan 29, 2008
Kuala Lumpur
Windows.Live.10.6.33.0600.cab

hello friends, Im trying a wm6.1 that comes without windows live msn, I searched for all the cabe collections that I could find... but not found :(
could anyone share the newest windows live msn? in rapidshare please!!
thx bros
:)

correct me if im wrong .. I believe this is the latest windows live v10.6.33.0600, click on my link below my signature to get the latest version. theres a lot of other stuff as well.

TriAxisFL

Nov 24, 2006
Mount Dora, Fl
There are 2 newer versions then the one provided in the link above, but they do not include Live Messenger. They are 10.6.38 and a 10.6.40. If you need Live Messenger then the 10.6.34.800 is the newest version.
Here is the official link off of Microsofts website.
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobile/mobile/wl/download-en-us.mspx

I also learned something new which is probably the cause of all my recent WM Live problems on 6.1 ROMS. On 6.0 ROMS I could install it on the storage card, but on 6.1 ROMS it was completely jacking up my phone.
Q: Can I install this product on a Storage Card?
A: No, Windows Live can currently only be installed to your device’s internal storage. Storage cards are not supported for this application as it extends several Windows Mobile features.

miffymiffy

Apr 25, 2007
Wollongong
HTC One (M8)
HTC U11

davemckelvey

Aug 30, 2007
Thank you soooo much!!!!

I re-flashed my phone removing windows live+messenger from it because data plans here in NZ cost a small fortune (and i wanted a lighter rom for flashing), only to discover I could connect to my home wireless with 6.1 (and couldn't with the old 5.0 on my apache)
Thank you so much for the .cab for live+messenger. Damn microsoft removing it from the download. VERY UNCOOL!!!!

zocster

Apr 21, 2008
Christchurch
andyghozali.info
I re-flashed my phone removing windows live+messenger from it because data plans here in NZ cost a small fortune (and i wanted a lighter rom for flashing), only to discover I could connect to my home wireless with 6.1 (and couldn't with the old 5.0 on my apache)
Thank you so much for the .cab for live+messenger. Damn microsoft removing it from the download. VERY UNCOOL!!!!

only $1.00 a day bro? ah you're with telecom ;)

littlescott

Sep 22, 2008
Wellington
Ah whatever forum I go to I find New Zealanders :) I'm jumping ship for a dollar a day, may jump back in a year when the telecom network gets up and running. :)

wihzard

Feb 13, 2009
There are 2 newer versions then the one provided in the link above, but they do not include Live Messenger. They are 10.6.38 and a 10.6.40. If you need Live Messenger then the 10.6.34.800 is the newest version.
Here is the official link off of Microsofts website.
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobile/mobile/wl/download-en-us.mspx

I also learned something new which is probably the cause of all my recent WM Live problems on 6.1 ROMS. On 6.0 ROMS I could install it on the storage card, but on 6.1 ROMS it was completely jacking up my phone.
Q: Can I install this product on a Storage Card?
A: No, Windows Live can currently only be installed to your device’s internal storage. Storage cards are not supported for this application as it extends several Windows Mobile features.

I have tried everything but I can't get messenger working the way it's supposed to.

I have the Verizon branded HTC Touch Pro, which doesn't ship with wlm. I've been able to get the one of MS's site (with no wlm) and it works fine. But no wlm. So I tried the "fixed" cab install, which installs and the program shows in the list of apps. But when I click it it doesn't do anything. The interface also gets screwy and theirs like artifact-lagging from menus. The first time I got it running, it showed up on the today screen and loaded my live ID, but just wasn't responding to my input. I unistalled and have tried it again but now the button for the app doesn't even do anything. Click, no response.

Help!

this is not a custom ROM, it's the stock wm6.1 pro for a "ralph".

Last edited:

dadomo

Jan 21, 2010
Im gettin a weird message by setting up windows messenger.

I installed it, and tried to run messenger, then this message appears:

"The Windows live id service requires a certificate, but yours isnt working. you can probably fix this by updating the time and date in your device´settings. Afer you do that, try connecting again."

I tried change date and time, but it wont work.

Anyone an idea?