Rearth RingKe slim case

Search This thread

thequinox

Feb 6, 2009
I've been using my metalic colored one for several months now. It does scratch the top corners of my GSM GN slightly when taking it on and off, so I wouldn't recommend it for someone who needs to swap batteries a lot.

That being said it's taking a lot of scratches that my GN isn't, so it's doing it's job. The tiny removal scratches it's making are much less than if I'd used my phone without a case.

One of the rubber port covers has ripped off as well. I've always been gentle with them. All in all I'm still pleased with the case, but it probably shouldn't be as pricey as it is.

napes22

May 16, 2008
anyone else getting discoloration on the edges or their white cases? heres a pic notice the line? am i being to picky?

IMG_20120404_200538.jpg

I have the same discoloration (I hadn't noticed it until you posted that picture). I just emailed Rearth support. Hopefully I'll get a similar positive response.

Update: I reached out to Rearth and they told me to wash the discoloration with soap...which wasn't helpful considering it isn't dirt, the paint is fading.

Last edited:

Aerogriff

Jan 31, 2011
Jacksonville, FL
I have the same discoloration (I hadn't noticed it until you posted that picture). I just emailed Rearth support. Hopefully I'll get a similar positive response.

Update: I reached out to Rearth and they told me to wash the discoloration with soap...which wasn't helpful considering it isn't dirt, the paint is fading.

They told me the same but that I could also return it for another one. So I'm gonna go that route tomorrow.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

pattont

Sep 13, 2008
I just got I mine in matte black yesterday and it is just awesome. I like it a lot better than my Seidio Surface case. Less protection, but I love the phone's profile.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Memnoch30

May 22, 2007
Chicago
I just got I mine in matte black yesterday and it is just awesome. I like it a lot better than my Seidio Surface case. Less protection, but I love the phone's profile.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Where did you order it? Every time I check the website it says it's not available and I can never find it on Ebay either. Is this just a matter of constantly checking the website to see if one gets lucky?

edit: Unless you got the LTE? That one is always available.

Last edited:

carlost24

Jul 30, 2009
Anybody want to go into detail on how the LTE version fits with standard battery? Really looking to pick this up just wondering how it fits

accelerus

Jul 2, 2010
Anybody want to go into detail on how the LTE version fits with standard battery? Really looking to pick this up just wondering how it fits

I'm assuming you are talking about the LTE Verizon version here in the united states?

If so, I can tell you it's quite a perfect fit. I've been rocking my Rearth case for about 2 weeks now and it's worth the 25 dollars :)

It's hard plastic with a "soft" feel, if that makes any sense, and this thing is engineered down to the half millimeter it seems. Everything is tight and lines up perfectly. The versions they are selling now are touted as being compatible with the stock verizon "extended" battery. I was going to pick one up however paying 25 dollars for an extra 300mAh just seems kinda bogus to me. Juice defender ultimate setup properly and the fact I'm usually around wifi means I can go all day on the standard battery.

At no point in time have I ever been even slightly worried this case is going to pop off or anything. The only thing even partially negative I could say is that the port cover for the microUSB slot is attached by a rather thin piece of the plastic/rubber material (same type as the case itself). It hasn't given me any problems (its tight and fits great) but I can easily see this thing getting snapped off in the future.

Luckily for me I don't use it TOO often - I did the induction charging mod on my phone and charge wirelessly 80% of the time.

carlost24

Jul 30, 2009
Thanks a lot, an i was going to pick up a extended battery but as you stated i don't see a reason to spend $25-50 for 10-15% more battery

Gja88

Oct 6, 2010
I highly doubt this but I was wondering if the ringke slim case would ft if I had a full body invisibleshield in?

No way it would fit IMO. The case is super tight without the full body, can't imagine even trying to make it fit with a full body. The case is so close to the phone, which makes it keep the slimness

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA App

kdma

Aug 8, 2010
for those who were waiting like me, the matte black INT edition has been restocked and i just ordered one!

sn0warmy

Jul 26, 2010
Boulder, CO
For those who purchased the metallic version, how is it holding up? Are you noticing any scratching or scuffing from every day use?

I've been using the matte black Ringke Slim on my GSM Nexus for about 3 months now and while it does an excellent job of preventing scratches or finger prints, I'm noticing that the matte finish is starting to wear off along the front edges. Since I love the case so much I was looking into purchasing another one.

After viewing detailed pictures of the metalic one HERE, I am really considering going this route since the color seems to match perfectly.

However, before I pull the trigger I would like to hear how the metallic is holding up for those of you who have had it for at least a month.

Thanks for the input!

Last edited:

Dregur

Jan 27, 2011
Question...

Can you take off the rubber grommets that are on the bottom of the case? It's really the only thing that's preventing me from buying this case. I just don't like them.

Memnoch30

May 22, 2007
Chicago
I have both and they are my two favorite cases. I'm using the slim now because it adds very little bulk, but use the sgp if I think the chances of any damage are higher. So for home and office use I carry the slim, if I need to go to a site or go biking or running, I put on the sgp.

That said, the slim makes the phone almost feel naked and I love love love that feeling, but when I'm using the sgp I feel like I don't need to baby or worry about the phone so much which is also Nice. You go with either the sexier one or the more protective one. I have been using the slim now without taking it off for more than two weeks now though...hm

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

Reactions: Kenorn

sn0warmy

Jul 26, 2010
Boulder, CO
How is the metallic version holding up for those who have purchased it? Does it show scratches easily?

I want to switch from the matte black to the metallic but I'm afraid of it getting all beat up too quickly.

krze

Sep 29, 2010
Los Angeles
I have the arctic white slim case from Rearth and love it. I never been a case person, I had the droid x since launch and never put a case on it. (it is pretty beat up lol) The ringke slim case adds like zero bulk. Very slim and the fit is pretty amazing. I have the LTE model with extended battery, fit is perfect, like a glove. This may not be the most protective case but it looks damn good on the phone and it will protect it from minor falls/scratches.

My Pros:
Fit is amazing.
Very slim and adds close to no bulk.
Works with my extended battery.
Loving the rubber caps for the usb/headphone jack. (also removable)
Sexy, looks really good.

My Cons:
Price is steep for a slim case.
Not the best protection case. (but will do)

Highly recommended for GN users looking for a slim case. :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Can you snap some pictures perhaps? We've seen numerous pictures of the matte black, I wonder if we could get some of the metallic.

Sure!

Here you go :)

1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8.
    edit:
    THIS REVIEW IS ON LTE VERIZON I515

I wanted to take the time to post my own review of the Ringke Slim case. This thread is the reason that I went a head and purchased this case over many others that I was debating. To help others I registered and this is my first post. I hope this helps others in making a decision.

I have the Verizon version i515 with the standard battery. I do NOT have the extended battery to try the case with so I can not attest to it. I would be more than willing to bet that it would not be as satisfactory with the extended.

FEEL

How a case feels in hand is very important to me. I don't want it to be cheap, flex, or otherwise make my very expensive phone feel cheap. The feel of the case is fantastic. It is smooth but not as slippery as holding the naked phone on the sides. It adds enough weight and thickness to the phone to help it feel naturally durable while remaining slim and low profile. Holding the case from any angle, pulling it out of my pocket, setting it on my desk, or just holding my phone in adoration all feels right and my wife may be a bit jealous;)

LOOK

Looks are almost as important to me as the feel of the phone. This case looks like it's a natural extension of the phone while providing the right amount of protection for my needs. The side access to the volume and power buttons look beautiful, all the ports line up very well, and when using the phone it looks like a naked large white Nexus S. To me, it's the best looking case I have ever owned and ever seen first hand.

SATISFACTION

I'm very satisfied with this purchase. At 25.00 it's slightly expensive but the shipping was free, fast, and the service was great. Everything that this case offers is fantastic and I'm very pleased with the purchase. If you are debating this case among others, I highly suggest this case as a wise investment for your amazing Galaxy Nexus.

remove spaces for the photos!

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/49264481/DSC00201.JPG
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/49264481/DSC00202.JPG
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/49264481/DSC00204.JPG
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/49264481/DSC00205.JPG
    Just thought I'd offer some feedback since Rearth actively watches these things.

The top of the case does not extend pass the top lip of the phone. It's about .2mm short on my vzw nexus. This could cause some woes in that the top lip of the phone could potentially be scratched before the top lip of the case. The case otherwise looks and feels amazing, very close to nothing being there. The bottom lip of the case perfectly extends about .1-.2mm above the bottom lip of the phone. I will hold onto and use it, hopefully there is a revision that addresses the sizing issue of the VZW vs GSM... I'm entirely sure the size difference between the two is the cause of this - this case is the slimmest I have found and would be otherwise perfect.

The only other thing that could make this case perfect would be a cutout for the 3 prong connector on the side. Docks and such are usually built with the spring-loaded connectors, I think there would be enough clearance even with the extra .5mm of thickness on the side to still allow for this connection to occur in a dock, but I have nothing available for testing.

I will update this post with photos so Rearth knows what I'm talking about.
    I just received my case yesterday. I think its quality made, love the closed ports. Comes standard with screen protector and squeegee+cleaning cloth. (+spare usb & jack port caps) Its got a great build quality and excellent fit on my gsm nexus.
    I hope my pictures do any justice to the case :p
    Click on image to see more
    Pictures of the Ringke.slim on my vzw nexus attached.

As you can see, it is just barely short of covering the top edge of the phone. Might not matter to most, just bugs me.