[KERNEL][ARC/ARC S] StockPlus v1.9 [2012-02-23]

Search This thread

Overdose1986

Jan 23, 2012
I want to try this kernel(with arconium), but that overclock thing scares me, I dont think that my arc s need an overclock...
Theres non-overclock version kernel?
Can I use it with stock rom?

My phone still with stock .42 and locked bootloader(I know I must unlock it first)
Will you recommend to use this kernel now or better wait until you release the final version?

Sorry for being a noob xD

natural4862

Feb 11, 2012
I like this kernel, as it is the smoothest kernel! It would be great if "2 way call recording" function could be added into this kernel (just like doomkernel)

tomatos

May 13, 2011
Szombathely
v1.9 kernel bootlooping for me with .42 stock rom and 8.2 arconium too :(

UPDATE: sorry this was my fault and the 42 FTF file was wrong, install .62 global FTF with THIS working! Sorry bro

UPDATE2: with 8.2 arconium working not, bootloop!

Last edited:

rafcamora91

Jan 18, 2011
Sarajevo
can I flash this kernel on my arc S with stock 4.0.4 rom and 4.1.B.0.587 build number. and if not is there a kernel with overclock features for stock ICS!???

DeathlessOne

May 2, 2011
US

Well sorry for the late rply, hope none is using GB nowadays! ;) Anyways, the battery life will work wonders when coupled with Arconium, coz i was using this with it. However for the past few months Arconium refuses to boot with this kernel, but its def not prob with kernel. You may try this, and i got about 1 day 11 hours with this setup!

Sent from my C6602 using xda app-developers app

@ARC-S@

Dec 26, 2012
Baguio
Well sorry for the late rply, hope none is using GB nowadays! ;) Anyways, the battery life will work wonders when coupled with Arconium, coz i was using this with it. However for the past few months Arconium refuses to boot with this kernel, but its def not prob with kernel. You may try this, and i got about 1 day 11 hours with this setup!

Sent from my C6602 using xda app-developers app

Whoa, thanks you for your kind suggestion and help. :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello everybody,

Based on the kernel from DooMLoRD and FXP and wanting to make a more clean kernel in relations to Stock Kernel and add some personal changes, I make my own kernel that I am posting below.

He is based on 4.0.2.A.0.61_62 source kernel, and adding the follow changes:

v1.0:

• New Governor Option:
      • SmartAssV2
      • Smartass
      • Smoothass
      • BrazilianWax
      • Interactive
      • Savaged-Zen
      • Scary
    • I/O Schedulers:
      • Noop (default)
      • Anticipatory
      • Deadline
      • CFQ
    • Overclock option to 1.9 Ghz
    • Enabled SWAP support
    • Enable some file systems:
      • EXT2
      • EXT3
      • EXT4
      • NTFS (Read & Write)
      • CIFS
    • DoomKernel Ramdisk:
      • With autorooting (prerooted)
      • init.d scripts/binaries execution support
      • support /sd-ext backup/restore
      • modCWM-v04 TouchEdition Recovery
      • and other (see http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1172885 for full changelog of DoomKernel Ramdisk)
    • Default Sony Xperia boot logo.

v1.1:

Have the same features that v1.0, only bug fix on compiler configuration.

v1.2:

Improve battery life
    Change Sony source code base, now base on 4.0.2.A.0.61_62 source

v1.3:

Great improve of battery life by disable NETWORK_FILESYSTEMS (CIFS and NFS)

v1.4:

Enable CPU undervolting options (the kernel frequencies is not undervolted, but you can undervolt (recommend using IncrediControl)
    WiFi undervolting

v1.5:

• Disable duplicate voltage scaling frequency, for better manager of cpu frequency and better battery life.
    • From FreeXperia: salvage some more ram by removing unused pmem_adsp_cache
    • From FreeXperia: salvage some more ram by removing unused pmem_audio
    • Disable verbose procfs contents
    • Adding scripts for better battery life and overall performance:
      • Internet speed tweaks
      • Misc kernel tweaks
      • Battery tweaks
      • Journali smoff
      • Defrag DB
      • Loopy smoothness
      • Sick
      • Zipalign
      • Zipalign Defrag DB
    • Change sched_latency_ns to 600000
    • Change sched_wakeup_granularity_ns 400000

v1.6:

• WiFi Power Management Tweak
    • Increase CPU voltage of some frequency for better stability
    • CPF Frequency Tweaks and Enable CPU AVS (Adaptive Voltage Scaling)
    • Revert: change sched_latency_ns to 600000
    • Revert: change sched_wakeup_granularity_ns 400000
    • Enable EXT3 and EXT4 Posix ACL and XATTR
    • Disable YAFFS ECC Check
    • Enable YAFFS empty lost and found folder at mount
    • Disable YAFFS block refreshing
    • Change pll2_fixup onverclock control
    • New compiled WiFi modules
    • WiFi modules included in Ramdisk

In general this version is for improve the battery life and resolve the problems of WiFi don't work because of user using not default WiFi modules (DoomKernel Modules)

Ps. For user with WiFi don't work just restart twice.

v1.7:

• Enable 1200Mhz frequency
    • Add IO SCHEDULE BFQ
    • Add CM torch interface (base on Blendkernel v02 from Jason Stain)
    • Use disable_irq_nosync() from within irq handlers (base on Blendkernel v02 from Jason Stain)
    • Prepare I/O context code for BFQ
    • Custom tweaks in kernel config

v1.8:

• Revert change in acceleration sensor support. Fix acceleration sensor error.

v1.9:

• Upgrade busybox to fix the execution of user script (init.d).
    • Remove some scripts that were causing problems.

The instalation is the same from other kernel:

Code:
    fastboot flash boot boot.img

PS.: for CPU undervolting I recomend using IncrediControl (https://market.android.com/details?id=com.incredicontrol)

screenshot201202231852.png
    screenshot201202231851.png

I want to warn that THIS IS A TEST KERNEL, so he may have some bug.

By :)

Adriano Martins
    -----------------------
    Source at https://github.com/AdrianoMartins
    kindly tell me what do u mean by a
    less "invasive" kernel in relations to Stock Kernel

i am growing tired of this... people just use our sources without even bothering to ask first, use the exact same features, rebrand as their own work and if something problematic is found happily blame/point the finger at us...

try get some more features to Xperia 2011 device kernels...

instead of floating same/similar kernels help out in searching for the battery drain issue... if anyone is at all bothered atleast help in testing...

or if no one is interested then atleast tell me that way i wont spend my time working on ARC... wait may be i should stop all kernel work for ARC...
    One difference:

Default Sony Xperia boot logo

LOL.

The way I see it, adrianom uses FXP sources and is experimenting individually and sharing his findings with us.
    Yes, this kernel is not something totally new to us, but if we encourage adrianom to work on it, who knows,
    maybe we'll soon have one more great developer making breakthroughs for us humble users to enjoy.
    So, if I were you, I'd think twice before being so dismissive. ;)
    New version release:

v1.7:

• Enable 1200Mhz frequency
    • Add IO SCHEDULE BFQ
    • Add CM torch interface (base on Blendkernel v02 from Jason Stain)
    • Use disable_irq_nosync() from within irq handlers (base on Blendkernel v02 from Jason Stain)
    • Prepare I/O context code for BFQ
    • Custom tweaks in kernel config

For battery compar, follow my config and the usage that I have on this weekend using this version:

Xperia Arc LT15a
    CPU Clock: 245Mhz - 1401Mhz
    ROM: Stock 4.0.2.A.0.62
    Baseband: 64
    Data Config: WiFi 100% On, GSM Data Off, BT Off

screenshot201202121927.png

Download Here

Adriano Martins
    -----------------------
    Source at https://github.com/AdrianoMartins
    I have an early observation to report, that seems quite interesting.
    I lost 8% in 57 minutes using this kernel and BetterBatteryStats app indicates that the phone isn't sleeping properly and there is an entry in Kernel Wakelocks I have never seen in stock kernel, deleted_wake_locks.

screenshot_2012-01-07_1954.png
    screenshot_2012-01-07_1954_1.png

Hope this helps! :)

kindly tell me what do u mean by a
    i am growing tired of this... people just use our sources without even bothering to ask first, use the exact same features, rebrand as their own work and if something problematic is found happily blame/point the finger at us...
    try get some more features to Xperia 2011 device kernels...
    instead of floating same/similar kernels help out in searching for the battery drain issue... if anyone is at all bothered atleast help in testing...
    or if no one is interested then atleast tell me that way i wont spend my time working on ARC... wait may be i should stop all kernel work for ARC...

Doom, although it's not my place to say anything, I figured I'd go ahead and do it anyway.

I understand your frustration because I know how much work you put in your kernels and you are without a doubt one of the most active developers.
    And I have to agree that you are the "leader" around here, in the sense that if you don't introduce new features for our phones, no one else does.

The only thing that I wanted to point out is that, in my view, you shouldn't be disappointed when people use your work, if of course they credit you properly,
    which I feel is the case here. Adrianom compiled this kernel for his personal use and thought he'd share, which objectively is not such a bad thing.
    It's certainly not something that should make you feel like giving up on the Arc altogether, as this would be very sad.

And maybe also consider the way you started compiling kernels using zdzihu's sources and ramdisk (legendary Power To The People :D)
    and slowly learned and shifted to your own sources...
    So maybe that will be the case for the people currently using your sources. ;)

I am sure that at the end of the day, your work is truly appreciated the way it deserves to be. :)

Just my 2 cents.