4G/LTE Problem with CM 10.2

Search This thread

cigator

Mar 18, 2014
Hoping to find some help here. I have searched the web and no definitive answer. I was running CM 10.1.3 on my Razr Maxx for a long while. Just flashed to CM 10.2 with Android 4.3. Since flashing, I no longer get a 4g icon for my signal, I get LTE. In addiiton, the LTE signal fades in and out and most times the bars are white which I have found out means I'm not synced with Google servers. I have played with the APN options to no avail. Is anyone familiar with this problem? Is there a fix? Thanks for any help you can provide.

ldeveraux

Nov 20, 2008
Lenovo Thinkpad Tablet
Nexus Q
Hoping to find some help here. I have searched the web and no definitive answer. I was running CM 10.1.3 on my Razr Maxx for a long while. Just flashed to CM 10.2 with Android 4.3. Since flashing, I no longer get a 4g icon for my signal, I get LTE. In addiiton, the LTE signal fades in and out and most times the bars are white which I have found out means I'm not synced with Google servers. I have played with the APN options to no avail. Is anyone familiar with this problem? Is there a fix? Thanks for any help you can provide.

The LTE icon replaced the 4G icon in development, that's normal. Are you sure you're losing sync status? Where did you read that is the reason? Do your emails, etc push through notification? If so, there's really no problem other than an icon that isn't 100% representative of its status.

Also, did you do a complete wipe before upgrading to 10.2? Major updates usually recommend full wipes before upgrading for many reasons.

owenfred

Jul 23, 2009
I did a fresh root and install of safestrap 3.65 and CM10.2 stable on my xt912 for verizon. I also have the same issue. Coming from the stock rom I now get terrible service and if I change the network to anything with LTE (global or cdma/evdo +LTE) I cannot send or receive picture messages. I tried to change the APN and it makes no difference. Lastly if I try to edit the APN it will disappear from the list.

I stopped editting the apn because when I limit the service to cdma/evdo I can send and recieve picture messages, but I get no LTE/4g service.

I am starting to wonder if the rom slot 1 conflicts somehow with the original stock rom.

After installing safestrap I did a factory wipe (not advanced) and installed the rom and gapps.

If there is something I am missing please do inform me. Perhaps the op's issue is the same.

crackerjack1957

Nov 1, 2012
I did a fresh root and install of safestrap 3.65 and CM10.2 stable on my xt912 for verizon. I also have the same issue. Coming from the stock rom I now get terrible service and if I change the network to anything with LTE (global or cdma/evdo +LTE) I cannot send or receive picture messages. I tried to change the APN and it makes no difference. Lastly if I try to edit the APN it will disappear from the list.

I stopped editting the apn because when I limit the service to cdma/evdo I can send and recieve picture messages, but I get no LTE/4g service.

I am starting to wonder if the rom slot 1 conflicts somehow with the original stock rom.

After installing safestrap I did a factory wipe (not advanced) and installed the rom and gapps.

If there is something I am missing please do inform me. Perhaps the op's issue is the same.

You need to update to kitkat stock messaging app & delete old, how to here:
http://forum.cyanogenmod.com/topic/80704-mms-not-sending-issues-editing-apn-settings/

owenfred

Jul 23, 2009
It worked for me & all the others that read & followed guidelines.

It is fine to get mms to send on CDMA. If the phone is on a 4G or LTE antenna it doesn't work for me. Also, this does not solve the issue of the APN's disappearing. This is a fix for some cases not a solution.

In my case I created Rom slot #2 and installed CM11 M4 snapshot and all is working there. LTE works fine, MMS sends... I didn't find any immediate other issues in the 2 hrs I played with it last night. Looks like this may be the daily driver for a while until CM11 stable comes out.

I still have 10.2 available in Rom slot #1 so I can test if anyone cares to find the real "solution"

Owen

crackerjack1957

Nov 1, 2012
It is fine to get mms to send on CDMA. If the phone is on a 4G or LTE antenna it doesn't work for me. Also, this does not solve the issue of the APN's disappearing. This is a fix for some cases not a solution.

In my case I created Rom slot #2 and installed CM11 M4 snapshot and all is working there. LTE works fine, MMS sends... I didn't find any immediate other issues in the 2 hrs I played with it last night. Looks like this may be the daily driver for a while until CM11 stable comes out.

I still have 10.2 available in Rom slot #1 so I can test if anyone cares to find the real "solution"

Owen

I would not have thought this would be an issue on a stable build either.
With kitkat in development, CM10.2 will be abandoned.
Probably will try CM11 nightly myself in about a month unless there is another snapshot or even stable build by then.

Last edited: