Nandroid backup completely dysfunctional

Search This thread

Zhuge_Liang

Nov 14, 2012
So I finally took a shot at flashing a custom ROM ( from stock to unified 4.4 ROM). When I attempted to revert back to stock nandroid backup, everything went completely haywire. The radio was disabled and I got recurring process close errors. All I could do was battery pull and flash back to the ROM.

What do I need to make my nandroid recovery work correctly? I'm on CWM if that matters.

Epix4G

Sep 14, 2011
phoenix
Sounds like you didn't wipe correctly..... wipe system ,data, cache and davlik

Sent from my SM-N900P using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

kaos420

Account currently disabled
Dec 21, 2007
Usa
meettomy.site
Tried it again, this time the radio is on, but otherwise, same result. Did all wipe options five times just to be sure.

you didnt say what your trying to restore...... is it nab based or mj4 or aosp if its 4.2 mj4 and you were on aosp 4.4.2 you need to wipe internal sd as well. will cause issues. what recovery are you using twrp or philz?

Zhuge_Liang

Nov 14, 2012
you didnt say what your trying to restore...... is it nab based or mj4 or aosp if its 4.2 mj4 and you were on aosp 4.4.2 you need to wipe internal sd as well. will cause issues. what recovery are you using twrp or philz?

I was originally flashing a Pac-ROM 4.4.2, then tried to flash back to my stock nandroid. My recovery is CWM, not Philz. Unless I also needed to flash cache partition too? I thought the factory reset option took care of that as well? I'll try this again.

EDIT: Formatted internal SD as well, same result. Got the same process and gapps errors. I really have no clue as to what other options I have. Perhaps loading up a ROM just to use that Philz recovery?

Last edited: