Blank MicroSD Card

Search This thread

Don164

Nov 22, 2013
I used to have to have a 32gb MicroSD card in my Note 3 which i used to use for my files. After I rooted my phone, I thought it would be a good idea to store my TWRP backups to my MicroSD card as it frees up internal storage but however after I initially made my 1st backup to my card, the system booted up and apparently the card was blank. I know this to be false as I have loads of photos on it and I selected the MicroSD card in recovery to make my nandroid backup to and after like 3 minutes, it was made.
Question is. How do I get my MicroSD card back to normal. I'm aware of formatting it and then mounting it in recovery but I don't want to lose my files on the card. I inserted the card into my laptop and the command prompt said it had a RAW file system.

Sent from my SM-N900T using XDA Free mobile app

rishav754

Jul 25, 2013
New Delhi
I used to have to have a 32gb MicroSD card in my Note 3 which i used to use for my files. After I rooted my phone, I thought it would be a good idea to store my TWRP backups to my MicroSD card as it frees up internal storage but however after I initially made my 1st backup to my card, the system booted up and apparently the card was blank. I know this to be false as I have loads of photos on it and I selected the MicroSD card in recovery to make my nandroid backup to and after like 3 minutes, it was made.
Question is. How do I get my MicroSD card back to normal. I'm aware of formatting it and then mounting it in recovery but I don't want to lose my files on the card. I inserted the card into my laptop and the command prompt said it had a RAW file system.

you can use " get data recover my file " software for recovery ......use its professional version (you can find it at torrent ) .

Product F(RED)

Sep 6, 2010
Brooklyn, NY
I used Recuva. It's from the people that make CCleaner. Worked for me. But honestly, don't let it restore files that are partially damaged, because if they're music or photos or videos, they won't play/display correctly, and it'll cause wakelocks from the media scanner until you find and delete them.

Don164

Nov 22, 2013
I used Recuva. It's from the people that make CCleaner. Worked for me. But honestly, don't let it restore files that are partially damaged, because if they're music or photos or videos, they won't play/display correctly, and it'll cause wakelocks from the media scanner until you find and delete them.

Thanks for the advice, should I just format the MicroSD card and then use Recuva to recover the files

Product F(RED)

Sep 6, 2010
Brooklyn, NY
Thanks for the advice, should I just format the MicroSD card and then use Recuva to recover the files

Don't reformat, just put the microSD card into your computer (with an adapter, or with something that will let it show up as mass storage, not MTP). Point Recuva to the card. It'll tell you what files are partially restorable and fully restorable. Like I said, don't restore the damaged stuff. From experience, what'll happen if you do is you're gonna get wake locks and no app will be able to tell you which files are damaged. So you'll end up having to format the entire card anyways to get rid of the wake lock/damaged files.

Don164

Nov 22, 2013
Don't reformat, just put the microSD card into your computer (with an adapter, or with something that will let it show up as mass storage, not MTP). Point Recuva to the card. It'll tell you what files are partially restorable and fully restorable. Like I said, don't restore the damaged stuff. From experience, what'll happen if you do is you're gonna get wake locks and no app will be able to tell you which files are damaged. So you'll end up having to format the entire card anyways to get rid of the wake lock/damaged files.

I've formatted the MicroSD card as I had a backup of the files on my laptop and everything seems to be working fine.

Top Liked Posts