Camera test

Search This thread

mistm

Sep 4, 2007
Prague
www.nuc.cz
Could anyone provide series of photos taken by HTP2? I'd like to compare them with other devices.

More people would be welcome so we can compare even pro2 between themselfs. I've already met one pro2 with blurred and shaded camera. I just dont want to believe all those cameras are so bad.

It would be nice if you took photo in different conditions. Like outside, in the dark, of the text, of the colorful scene, inside the building with poor light conditions etc etc.

Thanks you all. :)

mallman

Aug 17, 2008
here is what i have taken

Inside
test1.jpg

Outside
test2.jpg

Last edited:

mistm

Sep 4, 2007
Prague
www.nuc.cz
thank you for your post. Colors are so dull. I tried to increase contrast and it looks bit nicer. Anyway I think pro2 would deserve better camera.

Could anyone else share his opinions about the camera?

pepeto2001

Nov 23, 2006
I'm a bit disappointed about the camera, I've a Kaiser and the pictures are clearly better than these!...

I cannot belive it!

bwnotredame06

Jun 24, 2008
Lubbock, Texas
I'm a bit disappointed about the camera, I've a Kaiser and the pictures are clearly better than these!...

I cannot belive it!

You can actually make the Kaiser camera ten times better by simply taking off the back cover when taking pictures or video. For some reason the plastic on the camera cover is dingy and blurs it a little.
Some people have actually removed that one plastic piece from the cover or just drilled a tiny hole, personally I couldn't do that.

Last edited:

pepeto2001

Nov 23, 2006
You can actually make the Kaiser camera ten times better by simply taking off the back cover when taking pictures or video. For some reason the plastic on the camera cover is dingy and blurs it a little.
Some people have actually removed that one plastic piece from the cover or just drilled a tiny hole, personally I couldn't do that.

I know, I usually quit the cover... and the quality is MUCH better than the ones taken with pro2.... I hope another samples with other configurations will be better, I wont buy a new phone with worse camera than the one I have!!

mallman

Aug 17, 2008
thank you for your post. Colors are so dull. I tried to increase contrast and it looks bit nicer. Anyway I think pro2 would deserve better camera.

Could anyone else share his opinions about the camera?

just an FYI all, i didnt adjust anything. not even sure my pics are set to fine quality. I will check the settings and report back

EDIT: *** ok yup, had all the default settings with no adjustment to any of the lighting

Last edited:

mistm

Sep 4, 2007
Prague
www.nuc.cz
I didnt change the settings in device. I changed contrast in Irfan view just to see if images may look better.

Lets admin that camera sux lot in HTP2. I just want to insure myself that the better result may be achieved by the software changes (like change of contrast for example).

On almost all photos i've seen there is some kind of gray curtain. Because I want to use camera in my next device I was thinking about it and i decided that its enough for me that photos looks good in the device when showing to friends. I dont need extra quality as compact camera could provide.

R_phAn

Aug 22, 2007
Vaassen
I was wondering what the video recording capability is on this phone. I'm told it's capable to record in 640*480 resolution these days. Is it any good (crisp / fluid) or choppy and.. well.. reasonably useless like the recordings my P4350 takes (taken into account that that phone records into the size of a poststamp)?

Bottom line: will I be using the feature to take my holland's funniest video and win 10 eurocents? :D

qazzi76

Dec 7, 2004
R_phAn - I can tell you in advance that this phone can't record fluid 640*480 video!

This is a result of a myriad of excuses:

- Drivers blah blah

- Hardware camera Interface to phone blah blah

- Processor blah blah

I've determined All this without even testing out the camera functionality myself... Imagine that!

And people get excited about this phone that uses even more dated processing hardware than the TP1?? (7200a)

LOL!

orbitalen

Jun 2, 2009
I was wondering what the video recording capability is on this phone. I'm told it's capable to record in 640*480 resolution these days. Is it any good (crisp / fluid) or choppy and.. well.. reasonably useless like the recordings my P4350 takes (taken into account that that phone records into the size of a poststamp)?

Bottom line: will I be using the feature to take my holland's funniest video and win 10 eurocents? :D

Here you can check out this sample video (from pocketnow's review)... Looks pretty good to me (and yes, it's in 640x480 :) )... It's not some fast moving test or something, but in general the video looks good... ;)

Last edited:

qazzi76

Dec 7, 2004
Here you can check out this sample video (from pocketnow's review)... Looks pretty good to me (and yes, it's in 640x480 :) )... It's not some fast moving test or something, but in general the video looks good... ;)

Question - Why does the N95 with roughly 2.5 year old hardware record better video than this newly released TP2 phone?

And we as consumers just accept this without questioning this - LOL!

pepeto2001

Nov 23, 2006
Question - Why does the N95 with roughly 2.5 year old hardware record better video than this newly released TP2 phone?

And we as consumers just accept this without questioning this - LOL!

I'm thinking same as you!.... how can a device 3 year old have a MUCH BETTER camera????

Is this a joke????????

qazzi76

Dec 7, 2004
I'm thinking same as you!.... how can a device 3 year old have a MUCH BETTER camera????

Is this a joke????????

Tell me about it!

Admittedly this is the same across the board for all commercially available WM 6 series devices at the moment but it still stinks.

I am hoping this will change when Snapdragon processors are released as this is said to have at least 720p 30fps playback and record capabilities.

xmoo

Retired Recognized Developer
Aug 19, 2006
Eindhoven
www.Mohammad.Moghtader.net
How is the screen, like when you Shake the Xperia X1 during taking a picture the screen won't lag.
A.t.m. on dutty's rom, he has done the same. when shaking the phone while in camera, the camera screen does not lag or get any delay.

Is this also the same on Touch Pro 2?

I'm considering getting a TP2 and sell my Touch HD.

Ratakisko

May 23, 2009
If you want a qwerty slider phone that is this slim then you have to accept that you cannot get a video camera into it :)

Phone is always a compromise between size and features and functions. Think about the size (the thinness of the slider part) and then compare it to the phones you say have good camera. They're a lot thicker.

Someday the technology will go further but this is what we have now.

Last edited: