Star B94M / B943 MTK 6589 Quadcore

Search This thread
Mar 2, 2013
The Frontier
Hello guys,

I have the 6" version but I think it is the same chip set, correct?

I'm kinda new to this phone, I have rooted it but my recovery says "No Command" I tried using the SP flash tool but when I hit download I get this http://i.imgur.com/vT4tFdy.png

"not all images are correctly loaded which may cause boot up issue"

Can anyone help?

Last edited:

trjons

Nov 6, 2006
Its only a stupid question if external battery chargers are readily available assuming you know which model you have

bradstallion

Mar 30, 2013
Hi Just bought a Star B94M which came with Jelly Bean 4.2.1 from the factory.
I have a problem when 3G is enabled I have voice calls being dropped.
I live in the UK (Leicester) it is on the Vodafone network, this problem happens in various places not just in one location.
Carried out speed test on the data side with 3g this hangs and freezes 6 out of 10 times, if I disable the 3g the speed is slow but constant does not hang or freeze and voice calls are good.
I've checked the following APN settings, tried in various modes GSM/WCDM Auto WCDM Preferred, GSM/WCDM Auto, WCDM only.
The best combination is GSM only and 3g disabled.
Are there any settings I can change to make the 3g better.
The phone came with 4.2.1 it is not rooted and I don't really want to root the phone just in case I have to send it back, as it is only 1 week old.
Also noticed that the battery would indicate 60% and a few minutes later show 14% and starts to warn, needs charging, if you switch off and remove the battery and then put back the indicator will go back to 60%
Regards Assad

Ciao,
for 3G problems try this:

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=40939871&postcount=362

it worked for me (and others).

Jun 5, 2006

Do you mean Phone.apk is missing? Then you wouldn't be able to start your system at all. Power button + volume down makes a snapshot but not reset anything, by any means. If it's really a Phone.apk problem and you miraculously use your phone then extract it from system.img of JB 4.2 firmware and put into /system/app folder or better reflash your phone! Sorry, I didn't look down your post. But anyhow it could be useful for someone else.

Thanks for trying to help you were right.

emard

Nov 16, 2007
Hello guys,
I have the 6" version but I think it is the same chip set, correct?
I'm kinda new to this phone, I have rooted it but my recovery says "No Command" I tried using the SP flash tool but when I hit download I get this http://i.imgur.com/vT4tFdy.png
"not all images are correctly loaded which may cause boot up issue"
Can anyone help?

What exactly were you trying to flash using recovery of FlashTools? Depending on your answer to my question, you might ignore that notification, click YES and continue flashing.

Last edited:

emard

Nov 16, 2007
Hi, thanks for replying, I was trying to flash a recovery I have click yes but the program just sits idle with no progress for at least 20 min, I assume that is not normal?

I presume you have recovery.img (CWM or TWRP) ported for youe device. If you use FlashTools, you should take firmware for your gadget intended for FlashTools and replace recovery.img file there with the one representing CWM or TWRP. Then start FlashTools choose scatter....txt, uncheck all boxes but preloader and recovery, press Download, press Yes on warning notification and attach your phone to USB (taking into account the rules of connection for your device). Wait couple of moments for the drivers to catch and then you'll see red line, violet line, yellow line and finally green circle

Another method is to flash recovery by means of MobileUncle Tools. Considering you have rooted the phone, install the latest version of the said program on your phone from the Market, put the necessary recovery.img file to SD, open MobileUncle Tools, find Update Recovery line, press, it will show your recovery.img on SD, press it and then wait for instructions from the program.

Third method is to flash recovery img from MTKDroidTools, provided your PC finds your phone.

emard

Nov 16, 2007
emard have you tried that firmware ported from vietnamiese rom HDVDM by gerhan on forum.china-iphone
here is a backup from TWRP
http://files.china-iphone.ru/229TWRP.rar

No, mite_jan, I havn't tried that firmware. I am not a big fan of Cyanogen, but anyway I wouldn't advise you to do so unless you are eager to perfect this LeWa further on. I need my phone to be fit as a fiddle because my work greatly depends on its performance. By the way, I saw you peeping into that china-iphone forum. I am a member there too. :D

Last edited:

mite_jan

Aug 24, 2011
Macedonia
No, mite_jan, I havn't tried that firmware. I am not a big fan of Cyanogen, but anyway I wouldn't advise you to do so unless you are eager to perfect this LeWa further on. I need my phone to be fit as a fiddle because my work greatly depends on its performance. By the way, I saw you peeping into that china-iphone forum. I am a member there too. :D

yeah but it is hard to talk russian :D
so this is cyanogen or Lewa ?
i thought it is lewa

emard

Nov 16, 2007
yeah but it is hard to talk russian :D
so this is cyanogen or Lewa ?
i thought it is lewa
Certainly, it is not pure CyanogenMoD, it's a shell like MIUI. But as LeWa Tek Ltd specializes in making modified software for Android, I consider it to be partly a Cyanogen, because the latter is also a modified version of Android.

Last edited:

Geoland22

May 26, 2013
signal problem

Hello again, since my first post about the battery (the battery was dead in 30-40minutes everytime i opened the google maps) of my MIZ Z1 MTK6589 Quad Core i manage to have a better battery (about 10% every hour with use and less without use) anyway, my problem now is this
/watch?v=JLrbiSMSaeo&feature=youtu.be , if you watch the video you will see that the signal is on and off ( i have this phone about 3 weeks and is the first time that happens) i always had very good signal and very good streaming but the last 2 days i have nothing, does anyone has the same problem? Any solution for that??? Another problem i have is that i can't open my phone in recovery mode, i have try MILLIONS times to do that but nothing it just restart nothing more...
Thanks in advance...

update
i use this quide http://xdaforums.com/show...&postcount=362 but with better instruction(you can see them in my other post and now my phone is back again, now i hope i will solve the problem with the battery...:)))

Last edited:

Geoland22

May 26, 2013
better quide how to after you download the programme...

2. After download the file, extract it to a certain location (folder) on your local drive

3. Go to the extracted folder, click on "MauiMETA_exe_3G_v6.1216.0" folder to run setup. This will install Maui META 3G ver 6.1216.0

4. Run Maui META by right click on its icon and select "Run as administrator"

5. After Maui META is launched, at port selection drop down box .. select "USB COM"

6. Click "Options" menu .. select "Connect Smart phone into META mode"

7. Click button "Reconnect" on the right hand

8. Turn off your phone, take the battery out for a few seconds (just to completely reset) then put the battery back in

9. Plug in the USB cable connecting your phone to the computer's USB port. Windows will detect two devices that you will have to manually install the drivers. Both drivers are located in the sub folder of the extracted folder.
9.1 Android Phone (ZP800H) --> Android ADB Interface (use driver in folder "Driver - USB VCOM Driver (binary)")
9.2 CDC Serial (use driver in folder "CDC Serial Driver")

10. Once the drivers are loaded, Maui META will display "Connected with target"

11. Choose "Update parameter" at the long drop down box at the top left coner under the main manu. This will pop up a window names "Update parameter"

12. Click on the button "Change NVRAM DB" then browse to the extracted folder and sub folder names "database". Select the second file with a long name "BPLGUInfoCustomAppSrcP_MT6589_S00_MOLY_WR8_W1248_MD_WG_MP_V2"

13. Next, click the button "Load from file" and choose file "ZP810" in the extracted folder.

14. Last step, click on the button "Download to flash", this will install new parameters that will fix the 3G network connection of the phone.

After the download is done, you can close Maui META, reboot your device (remove the battery if can not switch off) and test your 3G connection to see improvement, Good Luck ^_^

mite_jan

Aug 24, 2011
Macedonia
for me battery is perfect :)
it is discharging around 10% a day if i don't touch it ... maybe make a call or two
with moderate usage whole discharge can last to 5 days

p.s i have also unticked the american gsm from the engineering menu applied deep sleep fix and modified framework so it goes deepsleep even after 15% and bellow and i have lots of apps disabled at startup

Last edited:

nierere

Apr 19, 2011
duvyqyte.jpg
. <50% battery fast discharge

emard

Nov 16, 2007
2. After download the file, extract it to a certain location (folder) on your local drive
3. Go to the extracted folder, click on "MauiMETA_exe_3G_v6.1216.0" folder to run setup. This will install Maui META 3G ver 6.1216.0.............................

That is a way to patch 3G by ZOPO-intended patch. It's unknown whether it's gonna help. But one can try different radiomodules to find the most fitting one. You need only a rooted phone and a few actions to change and try other radiomodules. Take a collection of radiomodules for our gadget from this address http://forum.china-iphone.ru/post1076423.html#p1076423, extract modem.img from archive, put it into /system/etc/firmware folder on the phone by means of RootExplorer or the like (with replacement, save the original file to SD), set permissions as shown at the above address, close file manager and reboot your device. TRY NEW RADIOMODULE. You will see its version in the Settings.;)

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Star B943 (B94M) MTK6589 Quad Core 4.5Inch 1GB RAM 4GB ROM Dual Camera 5.0MP+12MP WCDMA 3G Dual SIM Card SmartpPhone
    attachment.php

Please pay attention, there are two versions of this devices on the Market!!!

One is with Dualcore and the other one is with Quadcore MTK6589.

So be carefully with Flashing and Rooting the devices.

There is already some progress with CWM and Root on German chinamobiles.org Forum.

-------------------------------------------------------- Testing LeWa Port Rom -------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Update 07.05.2013: LeWaport_Star_B94M_22.05.13_cm08

My friends here comes a new LeWaport (cmod08) based on the stable release for Amoi N828.
    If your already on lewa simple make backup, install cmod08.zip, wipe dalvik and cache after install, all others look instructions below.

Known bugs: Wifi nvrambug, with my fix bluetooh is only working after factory reset or resore data.

Update 07.05.2013: LeWaport_Star_B94M_08.05.13_cm04

Dear friends of LeWa here is a Test version based on LeWa Amoi N828 ;)
    This version is rooted with gapps, no need to load these.
    Hints for install:
    1. Boot to CWM or TWRP Recovery
    2. Make backup including boot and recovery ( TWRP 2.5.0.0 will be installed )
    3. Wipe System partition
    4. Install LeWaport_Star_B94M_07.05.13_cm03.zip
    6. Reboot and be happy :)

Known errors: some chinese apps and strings, noLED patch still needed
    Further steps: bugfixing, try to port multilanguage support (don´t hesitate to help )
    New logo needed

-------------------------------------------------------- Hints for 4.2.1 -------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Update 03.05.2013: Batterylive improvement

User slein has submitted selfcoded apk for LED Fix ! Thanks to him!!!!

There are a lot of activities to fix sporadical battery drain. Following APK seems to be workaround install the app and disable LED notification with widget. Thx to all testers!

Good Batterytool

Update 26.04.2013: Japanese 4.2.1 JB-image from needrom

Well running 4.2.1 from needrom
    for most users, please read carefully instructions, do backup (Titanium and/or CWM/TWRP) before update
    and make Factory reset as described, to avoid most problems!

Howto Root 4.2.1 and GPS-Fix by JBrandtner

---------------------------- Hints for 4.1.2. --------------------------------------------------------

Update 18.04.2013: Wifi Mac change Fix ( Thx to okupka )

- use these file (make backup before!!!) with this guide and you are done :)

Update 12.04.2013: Different Sound improvements

People who have problems with sound try this link from Zopo-Forum
    or from Patchworkoftips

Update 11.04.2013: Data Resize partition to 2.74GB Detailed description from here

1. We backup with recovery.
    2. Unloaded and 2.74GB decompressed data (Thx to spanish friends! ).
    3. SP Open Flashtool and as we have done before installing the recovery in scatter-loading MT6589_Android_scatter_emmc.txt select the file in the folder where we unzipped 2.74GB Data
    4. We ensure that only EBR1 and EBR2 are marked.
    5. We Give to Download, accept the prompt, connect via USB the phone off the PC. As with the recovery if the process fails, disconnect the cable, remove and put the battery and repeat this step.
    6. If all goes well, will back the green circle. Disconnect the phone from the PC.
    7. Now we go back to recovery (Turn on the phone by holding the power key + volume +).
    8. In the recovery do wipe data / factory reset.
    9. Optionally if you want to restore the data and installed applications we advance restore, choose the backup you made ​​in step 1, and finally we give to Restore data.
    10. Reboot from recovery. In this first boot after repartitioning we may see a notification saying the phone storage is damaged, then click in it. It will show a dialog box asking if you want to format the SD card, does not refer to the External SD but the phone's internal memory, so we do not fear clicking on Format. After doing the latter, voila, you have the Data partition (where apps are installed) extended to 2.74GB

Update 08.04.2013: 3G improvement
    if phone is already root
    Install from market the mobileuncle tools.
    -> enter engineer mode (MTK).
    -in modemtestactivity change "factory" for "telephone".
    -in "band mode" GSM mode uncheck the "PCS1900."

New TWRP 2.4.4.0 Recovery available here

Update 03.04.2013: Networklocation Fix

by radekfor: i think i solved cell location problem.
    Simply install latest Gapps for JB 4.1.2
    http://goo.im/gapps/gapps-jb-20121011-signed.zip

-> boot to Recovery ( Mobileuncle Tools, or Quickboot,.... ) -> Install zip from SD-Card , ....

Update 28.03.2013: Working on JB 4.1.2

Here you go at your own risk ;)
    Drivers;
    CWM 5504 and Root here;
    German instruction here
    New SP_Flash_Tool_v3.1304.0.119

After extracting the zip file:

1. Debug Mode in the Developer Tools Switch
    2. Install the drivers ( others may work better, e.g. pdanet )
    3. The superuser-313-arm-signed.zip from third copy to the external SD card
    4. Phone off and take out battery
    5. using the SPFTools load in directory 2. Scatterdatei -> load and Recovery.img, boot.img and flash (press download and then return battery back)
    6. Disconnect the data cable after green OK
    7. When switching power and Vol + hold when the Green Man comes release Power and Vol + hold on.
    8. In CWM now make complete backup, after this install zip from SDcard install the superuser zip ... JB 4.2.1 may need other tools look here found by #90
    9. skip step 7 +8 and install superuser using the MTKdroidtools and make backup (but it takes a relatively long time)
    10. You can now delete with MTK Droidtool some China-apps."

PS: Backup Rom made with SPFtools->readback
    could someone translate recovery menu from Chinese Language

Translate into:

-Factory Reset
    -Auto (Overall?) Test
    -Manual (Overall?) Test
    -Single Function Test
    -Test report
    -Clear eMMC
    -Version Info
    -Reboot

Hope this helping.:laugh:
    B94M / B943 MTK 6589 Quadcore - Root for 4.2.1 - the way it worked for me

Tutorial (nearly the same as on page 1):

The tools used here only are valid for Star B94M/B943 MTK6589 mobiles with Android 4.2.1 !!!

1. activate Debug mode in developer options
    2. install driver
    3. copy SuperSU-v1.25.zip from 3. to external SD-Card
    4. turn of mobile and remove battery
    5. use SPFTools to load scatterfile and flash recovery from 2. (CWM or TWRP) (press download and insert battery again)
    6. after green OK unplug data cable
    7. when powering on your mobile press power and Vol+, as soon as the little green man appperars release power, keep pressing Vol+
    8. When in recovery first do a complete backup, afterwards install SuperSU....zip from SD-Card

and here are the NEEDED FILES for ROOT

and here is a TWRP (2.4.4) BACKUP of a clean system (factory reset) - please advise, if it still contains personal data, thanks! - 3G working, GPS working, but delocated

Fix for GPS (that worked for me, double checked with HTC ONE X+)

- Root device
    - delete /data/misc/mtkgps.dat
    - set time to network time and check time zone (must fit!).
    - activate and download AGPS
    - activate and download EPO
    - switch to YGPS and search for satellites OUTDOOR (takes up to 5 mins)

With this method a new mtkgps.dat is created, GPS works now (at least for me)

I'm not responsible for any problems caused!
    The setting is read correctly on my device, but it crashes when I try to set a new value.

This version ask for permission to change system settings during install, some images might need this.
    No other changes.
    Hi guys,
    so my B943 has arrived yesterday, and i have 2 big problems:

- Impossible to use SP Flash tool to install the CWR. Each time i plug in the battery after download, i have an error message saying "BROM ERROR: S_UNSUPPORTED_VER_OF_DA (1022)
    DA binary file countains an unsupported version in its header ! i'm using Windows7 64bits
    I've already rooted several devices and it's the first time i met such error :/

- The MAC address changes each time i restart the wifi connection. So impossible to use the MAC adress filtering system. It's really annoying....

- Which version do you use? SP_Flash_Tool_v3.1304.0.119 is mine.
    - i cant post link about wifi fix, so i PM it to you and to moderator