Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

lj50036

Feb 14, 2013
FUXDA
postingheader-web.png

Welcome to CMB Roms- CM done Better... Dark Themed for his/her Pleasure

Why CMB?
We are just better :), in a nutshell we set out to give you the best of CM, with none of the annoying features (see list below), all this wrapped in a custom black theme. We used the KISS principal when deciding what to offer, we based our frameworks on CM alone (not FrankenFrameworks like some others out there), enabling us to provide updates and bug fixes as soon as CM does. This doesn't mean we are only relying on them for development, it just eases merging.

Features
  • Based on Android 4.4.2_M2, CM11.0
  • All current features CM11.0
  • Customized Dark Holo Theme With Gray ActionBars
  • Dark Mms
  • Dark Calendar
  • Dark Contacts
  • Ramdisk security tweaks, you can adb as root now!
  • Bash "tab to complete"
  • Remount helper, in adb shell

Old
    Code:
    mount -o rw,remount /system
    New
    Code:
    remount /system
    Better Right?? :)
We plan to add more features, suggestions are welcome (but sometimes ignored :p)

Navigating CMB roms
Enough already where do I find CMB for MY device?
Post 2 - Stable, and developer preview Download's and Device specific Instructions
Post 3 - Device specific bugs, Changelog and other developer Notes

Supported Devices 4.3/4.4
  • Nexus 5
  • LG G Pad 8.3
  • Sony Tablet Z, LTE, WIFI
  • Sony Xperia ZL
  • Nexus 4
  • Nexus 7 (2k12,2k13)
  • Galaxy S3 Verizon
  • Galaxy Note 8
  • TF201T
  • TF300T
  • TF700T
  • HTC ONE-VZW
The Team
  • @nycbjr - Team Leader, creative mastermind, Maintainer, Hammerhead (Nexus 5), Co-maintainer V500 (GPad 8.3) Pollux (Xperia Tablet Z), Odin (Xperia ZL), N5110 (Note 8)
  • @Drgravy1 Dark master of Calendar - Maintainer - Mako (Nexus 4), Grouper (Nexus 7 2k12), Flo (Nexus 7 2k13), Co-maintainer V500
  • @otisbartleh - Theme/Dark Apps consultant
  • @lj50036 - Maintainer - (TF700T) (TF201T) (TF300T) (m7vzw-HTC ONE)
  • @termleech - Team Cheerleader :)
Interested in joining the team? Or know someone? We want to add more devices, if you know how to build, and have a device not on our list pm nycbjr, or hop on our IRC #cmbroms

Credits
  • Google, wow is all I can say!
  • CyanogenMod we wouldn't be doing this if if weren't for them (even if they are for profit now hah).
  • PA for the basis of our Gapps package!
  • TeamBaked, learned allot maintaining for that team. Thanks Travis!
  • If you are left out and feel you should receive credit please PM or tweet us and we will include credit.
Github
@cmbroms Twitter
Google +
#cmbroms IRC

Disclaimer: CMB Roms is not responsible for anything you do to your device, but we will do our best to assist

XDA:DevDB Information
Official CMB Roms TF700T, a ROM for the Asus Transformer TF700

Contributors
lj50036, nycbjr, Drgravy
ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.1.x
ROM Firmware Required: Bootloader ver. 10.6.1.14.10 / CWM recovery 6.0.4.4
Based On: ASOP/CM

Version Information
Current Stable Version: cmb4.4.2
Stable Release Date: 2014-01-20

Created 2013-12-20
Last Updated 2014-02-11

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-02-27-08-36-05.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-02-27-08-36-05.jpg
    122.7 KB · Views: 10,409
  • Screenshot_2014-02-27-08-36-18.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-02-27-08-36-18.jpg
    139.6 KB · Views: 10,229
  • Screenshot_2014-02-27-08-36-50.png
    Screenshot_2014-02-27-08-36-50.png
    188.2 KB · Views: 10,147
Last edited:

lj50036

Feb 14, 2013
FUXDA
Downloads

Downloads!
THE DOWNLOADS WILL ALSO BE IN THE DOWNLOAD TAB AT THE TOP OF EVERY PAGE OF THE FORUM!!!!!!!!

Current Releases
OTA

Instructions
Philz recovery v6.0.4.5 is all I can give support for, as it is all I use!!!!!!!!
  • Current Philz recovery v6.0.4.5 - Click Me
  • Enter Recovery by pressing the power vol - untill your in bootloader, menu than enter recovery..
  • Wipe data/Factory Reset
  • Flash Rom and Gapps
  • Reboot and Enjoy

Last edited:

lj50036

Feb 14, 2013
FUXDA
Tips & Tricks

Tips and Tricks

Note if you are flashing from Stock, or you did a wipe data (good for your for listening haha)
you will NOT have root out of the box, CM has made it an optional thing, to enable root do the following:

1. Enable Developer options, on the About Tablet Screen, tap the Build number 8x
  2. Next Go to Developer options
  3. Then under Root Access, choose "Apps and ADB"

OTA

You will need { This is only what I did }
You can find the download in the download tab..as usual
  • tf700t on the most current cmb release Not Running ART
  • Be on Philz CWM based recovery or a 4.4 compatible recovery
  • Have all .zip files on external sdcard
  1. OTA update zip
  2. Any optional zip you would like to flash
  3. Gapps zip

Enter recovery Don't Format !!!! Go right to install and install the zips in the above order, wipe dalvik, reboot.
You will get a android is upgrading, After your fully boot into rom, let everything simmer for a few minutes, than do a reboot, like I said just what I did!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: Mkami

zhangyi0402

Nov 1, 2011
Thanks for your work. I love this ROM.
But the youtube is broken. The latest CM ROM has repaired it.
Can you do a update? Thanks very much.

Reactions: lj50036

sjgieson

Dec 12, 2009
Awesome news thanks for doing this. One quick question, what if anything does CMB do under hood (not cosmetic/UI stuff) to CM base?

CMB 4.3 ran really well on my tablet, I am running CM 11 and it is a bit slugglish. I am going to try the CMB KitKat here soon but curious if it was a different kernel (the Ramdisk tweaks?) etc. that lead to a better running rom?

lj50036

Feb 14, 2013
FUXDA
CMB/CM Diff

Awesome news thanks for doing this. One quick question, what if anything does CMB do under hood (not cosmetic/UI stuff) to CM base?

CMB 4.3 ran really well on my tablet, I am running CM 11 and it is a bit slugglish. I am going to try the CMB KitKat here soon but curious if it was a different kernel (the Ramdisk tweaks?) etc. that lead to a better running rom?

I am working on getting a change log made for just that!! Like most AOSP/CM based roms, the differences are going to be minimal, right off the bat. If you look at the size of the roms there is about a 4 MB size difference, ours being the smaller of the two.. Thx for your question. I will keep you posted on a change log once we get some of these small bugs out the way... Thx as always lj

lj50036

Feb 14, 2013
FUXDA
Dock Function

I meant the Keyboard Dock, will all the feature on it work(Keyboard, SD card, USB, trackpad?)

Hey I dont have a dock, My buddy has one but, we just got this up and running, and have not had a chance to do some testing, If you would like to test it that's would be great, your call... thx lj

barbarony62

Nov 29, 2008
since this is based on CM, if I want to flash this over "infected" unofficial CM 11 4.4.2 kitkat, can I do a dirty flash, or do i need to wipe the whole thing and factory reset ?

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

lj50036

Feb 14, 2013
FUXDA
Dirty Flahsing

since this is based on CM, if I want to flash this over "infected" unofficial CM 11 4.4.2 kitkat, can I do a dirty flash, or do i need to wipe the whole thing and factory reset ?

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

I would recommend that you do a wipe data before flashing. Of course its your call!!

Last edited:

lj50036

Feb 14, 2013
FUXDA
Youtube

Thanks for your work. I love this ROM.
But the youtube is broken. The latest CM ROM has repaired it.
Can you do a update? Thanks very much.

I am uploading a new updated rom, It should take care of the youtube issue.... if anyone has more issues like this, dont forget about the bug reporting tab on the top of the forum.. I did make one for this problem, so everyone could see what is looks like. Dont be afraid to post in the bug report tab that is a very nice way to let me know there is a issue... Thx as always lj

Last edited:

zhangyi0402

Nov 1, 2011
I am uploading a new updated rom, It should take care of the youtube issue.... if anyone has more issues like this, dont forget about the bug reporting tab on the top of the forum.. I did make one for this problem, so everyone could see what is looks like. Dont be afraid to post in the bug report tab that is a very nice way to let me know there is a issue... Thx as always lj

Thank you very much.
Downloading now.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    postingheader-web.png

Welcome to CMB Roms- CM done Better... Dark Themed for his/her Pleasure

Why CMB?
    We are just better :), in a nutshell we set out to give you the best of CM, with none of the annoying features (see list below), all this wrapped in a custom black theme. We used the KISS principal when deciding what to offer, we based our frameworks on CM alone (not FrankenFrameworks like some others out there), enabling us to provide updates and bug fixes as soon as CM does. This doesn't mean we are only relying on them for development, it just eases merging.

Features
    • Based on Android 4.4.2_M2, CM11.0
    • All current features CM11.0
    • Customized Dark Holo Theme With Gray ActionBars
    • Dark Mms
    • Dark Calendar
    • Dark Contacts
    • Ramdisk security tweaks, you can adb as root now!
    • Bash "tab to complete"
    • Remount helper, in adb shell

Old
      Code:
      mount -o rw,remount /system
      New
      Code:
      remount /system
      Better Right?? :)
    We plan to add more features, suggestions are welcome (but sometimes ignored :p)

Navigating CMB roms
    Enough already where do I find CMB for MY device?
    Post 2 - Stable, and developer preview Download's and Device specific Instructions
    Post 3 - Device specific bugs, Changelog and other developer Notes

Supported Devices 4.3/4.4
    • Nexus 5
    • LG G Pad 8.3
    • Sony Tablet Z, LTE, WIFI
    • Sony Xperia ZL
    • Nexus 4
    • Nexus 7 (2k12,2k13)
    • Galaxy S3 Verizon
    • Galaxy Note 8
    • TF201T
    • TF300T
    • TF700T
    • HTC ONE-VZW
    The Team
    • @nycbjr - Team Leader, creative mastermind, Maintainer, Hammerhead (Nexus 5), Co-maintainer V500 (GPad 8.3) Pollux (Xperia Tablet Z), Odin (Xperia ZL), N5110 (Note 8)
    • @Drgravy1 Dark master of Calendar - Maintainer - Mako (Nexus 4), Grouper (Nexus 7 2k12), Flo (Nexus 7 2k13), Co-maintainer V500
    • @otisbartleh - Theme/Dark Apps consultant
    • @lj50036 - Maintainer - (TF700T) (TF201T) (TF300T) (m7vzw-HTC ONE)
    • @termleech - Team Cheerleader :)
    Interested in joining the team? Or know someone? We want to add more devices, if you know how to build, and have a device not on our list pm nycbjr, or hop on our IRC #cmbroms

Credits
    • Google, wow is all I can say!
    • CyanogenMod we wouldn't be doing this if if weren't for them (even if they are for profit now hah).
    • PA for the basis of our Gapps package!
    • TeamBaked, learned allot maintaining for that team. Thanks Travis!
    • If you are left out and feel you should receive credit please PM or tweet us and we will include credit.
    Github
    @cmbroms Twitter
    Google +
    #cmbroms IRC

Disclaimer: CMB Roms is not responsible for anything you do to your device, but we will do our best to assist

XDA:DevDB Information
    Official CMB Roms TF700T, a ROM for the Asus Transformer TF700

Contributors
    lj50036, nycbjr, Drgravy
    ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.1.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Bootloader ver. 10.6.1.14.10 / CWM recovery 6.0.4.4
    Based On: ASOP/CM

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: cmb4.4.2
    Stable Release Date: 2014-01-20

Created 2013-12-20
    Last Updated 2014-02-11
    Here it is all.. One step closer to the goodness !!!!!! Huge thx to @_that and @sbdags and @nycbjr
    Screenshot_2014-03-02-02-37-00.png
    Downloads

Downloads!
    THE DOWNLOADS WILL ALSO BE IN THE DOWNLOAD TAB AT THE TOP OF EVERY PAGE OF THE FORUM!!!!!!!!

Current Releases
    OTA

Instructions
    Philz recovery v6.0.4.5 is all I can give support for, as it is all I use!!!!!!!!
    • Current Philz recovery v6.0.4.5 - Click Me
    • Enter Recovery by pressing the power vol - untill your in bootloader, menu than enter recovery..
    • Wipe data/Factory Reset
    • Flash Rom and Gapps
    • Reboot and Enjoy
    New OTA

I am uploading a new OTA for our beloved 700's.... This on can be install as a stand alone or a OTA... Let me know if there is anything out of the ordinary.. We are working on the inviable text in users.. There are a few other things we are working on, so just let me know if there is anything that is not as it should be.... Thx lj
    Updated Rom

Check the Download tab.. A new rom for our 700's...It running great... Let me know if there are any issues...The bug reporting tab at the top of each page is a great place to report those kinds of things.... Thx as always lj