[Q] ANDROID on TOSHIBA TG01

Search This thread

BobCurby

May 21, 2011
www.book-works.org.uk
Hi
I have followed the rules and am more confused than before I started -straightforward question then. My son looked on this site, found details on Android for the TG01 and how to install it. I have been searching on this site since about 12:00 BST today and I haven't got anywhere. The links that keep being suggested don't seem to actually get me ANDROID on my phone.
So my question is IS IT IN FACT AVAILABLE for the TG01 - if YES - where can I get it? IF NO, then thanks I'll go away and never return... (I am not a developer nor am I that good at doing much more than unpacking and flashing the ROM)

My TG01 is running WM 6.5 and I have a demo of SPB Mobile Shell 3.5.5 build 10106 running. I haven't decided to buy SPB Mobile Shell yet. My son says ANDROID is better and I should install that - hence my visit and my question.

(By the way - reading some of the threads - I have to disagree with those who say AVOID the TG01, buy the HTC - my son dumped his HTC - I have had this TG01 since August 2009 and being able to see what is in effect a Toshiba mini touchscreen TV in HD for all the apps I use is FANTASTIC - so don't knock the TG01)

Thanks

olyloh6696

Oct 20, 2009
Manchester
Hi
I have followed the rules and am more confused than before I started -straightforward question then. My son looked on this site, found details on Android for the TG01 and how to install it. I have been searching on this site since about 12:00 BST today and I haven't got anywhere. The links that keep being suggested don't seem to actually get me ANDROID on my phone.
So my question is IS IT IN FACT AVAILABLE for the TG01 - if YES - where can I get it? IF NO, then thanks I'll go away and never return... (I am not a developer nor am I that good at doing much more than unpacking and flashing the ROM)

My TG01 is running WM 6.5 and I have a demo of SPB Mobile Shell 3.5.5 build 10106 running. I haven't decided to buy SPB Mobile Shell yet. My son says ANDROID is better and I should install that - hence my visit and my question.

(By the way - reading some of the threads - I have to disagree with those who say AVOID the TG01, buy the HTC - my son dumped his HTC - I have had this TG01 since August 2009 and being able to see what is in effect a Toshiba mini touchscreen TV in HD for all the apps I use is FANTASTIC - so don't knock the TG01)

Thanks
sure potentially, android is better than wm (i think it is better, but ppl have differnt views)

your son maybe didnt do alot of research then :)
android here is like, 10% complete... like nothing is working yet.. you cant even lock the phone, make calls, wifi etc..

if you are not looking on to buying a new phone, it makes sense to spend moneyon spb shell which would transform te expierence if your tg01 :)

or course you ca try many of the great roms on the forum, which have better UI's than SpB (sense) and are free :)

till then, you can aways wait for android etc, but to simply put it, i highly highly doubt there will be any more progress on android.. the last update on the project was back in november.

stevie768

Feb 7, 2011
Hi

Thanks

TG01 has a new website which could help you out we are currently restarting the android builds and we seem to have more drivers to help us than before please go to toshdevs.nyl.ro/ and follow the site android will certainly be completed on there :) oh and say i referred you if you join :D