LG G2 Boot Time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

yonef

Jul 28, 2006
Plovdiv
What is your boot time on G2 (from moment you press power button to lockscreen with fully loaded widgets)

on 4.2.2 it was 16 sec. to fully loaded widgets, now on Kitkat(stock,unrooted) is 25 sec. Kind of a dissapointment :(

LenAsh

Retired Forum Moderator
Mar 20, 2011
Midlands, UK
What is your boot time on G2 (from moment you press power button to lockscreen with fully loaded widgets)

on 4.2.2 it was 16 sec. to fully loaded widgets, now on Kitkat(stock,unrooted) is 25 sec. Kind of a dissapointment :(

How many times do you boot in a day that 9 seconds is a problem?

Perspective.

Reactions: OptimusL

Fir3blade

May 16, 2011
Come on dude, a 9 sec difference, how often do you restart your G2?

While using the G2 it's a bit snappier and more fluid on KitKat , and this is what counts, no matter what benchmarks say, or if it takes a whopping 9 seconds more to boot.

Can't believe you started a thread because of this....

Reactions: LenAsh

LenAsh

Retired Forum Moderator
Mar 20, 2011
Midlands, UK

While using the G2 it's a bit snappier and more fluid on KitKat , and this is what counts, no matter what benchmarks say, or if it takes a whopping 9 seconds more to boot.

+1

If that was all we had to "worry" about eh?

He/she needs a hobby...

yonef

Jul 28, 2006
Plovdiv
the whole problem is it is NOT more snappy and not even as snappy as JB :(
I'm experincing lag on regular usage of the phone (open 3 tabs in browser and switch between)
Every task takes a bit more time and it feels generaly slower. (don't care about benchmarks)
The boot time just confirms that the phone is slower with KK, that's why I ask about others boot time as a method to generally compare speed of KK

P.S and yes I did couple of Hard resets already.

mohitgalaxy3

Apr 18, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
the whole problem is it is NOT more snappy and not even as snappy as JB :(
I'm experincing lag on regular usage of the phone (open 3 tabs in browser and switch between)
Every task takes a bit more time and it feels generaly slower. (don't care about benchmarks)
The boot time just confirms that the phone is slower with KK, that's why I ask about others boot time as a method to generally compare speed of KK

P.S and yes I did couple of Hard resets already.

Dude try a factory reset.

Clark Joseph Kent

Senior Mod / Moderator & RC-RT Committees Lead
Staff member
Dec 17, 2011
www.marines.com
Samsung Galaxy S24 Ultra
Before we take this topic of "my slow boot time", off the deep end. Lets just close it down now, if the boot time and or speed is not up to your standards, JB or KK, it is your choice to run either. And my KK device rebooted in the entire time I typed this...

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

How many times do you boot in a day that 9 seconds is a problem?

Perspective.