Nov 3, 2005
I have a SCH-I535 (d2vzw).

Bootloader Version:
I535VRUCML1

PDA version
I535VRUCML1 / I535VRUCML1a

Modem Board
MSM8960

Android 4.3 (Verizon with some apps frozen)

Right now I have a Straight Talk card in it that connects to the Tmobile network. is there a Different modem version I should flash to, half the time I seem to not have data or txt. i was in a store the other day and lost service all together.

Suggestions? I think after my Straight talk is up I might just go with the Verizon prepaid.

SlimSnoopOS

Jan 29, 2011
I have a SCH-I535 (d2vzw).

Bootloader Version:
I535VRUCML1

PDA version
I535VRUCML1 / I535VRUCML1a

Modem Board
MSM8960

Android 4.3 (Verizon with some apps frozen)

Right now I have a Straight Talk card in it that connects to the Tmobile network. is there a Different modem version I should flash to, half the time I seem to not have data or txt. i was in a store the other day and lost service all together.

Suggestions? I think after my Straight talk is up I might just go with the Verizon prepaid.

First, this post does not belong in the development section. You only want to post in the development section if you created something to share for the community. Being that you asked a question, this belongs in the Q/A section. I will get a mod to move this for you.

Secondly, there is no other modem that you can flash once on the TW 4.3 VRUCML1 ota. The way that I understand how it works for a Verizon S3, flashing any modem will hard brick the device as the phone does checks once it boots to ensure the firmware is matching. I would operate under the same belief for Straight Talk. There is only one newer firmware available, and that is TW 4.3 VRUCNC1 and that only brings roaming on a specific carrier in Canada.