Reboots!

Search This thread

mobilehavoc

Mar 12, 2006
So I've had the phone since 4pm yesterday. I use uptime widget on my phones for kicks and to check for stability issues so I installed it right after I got it.

The phone was up for 7 hours until around 11pm when I rebooted it myself (to fix a unknown my phone number problem). It came up fine. 30 mins later it rebooted itself which i didn't think much of since I thought it was invoked by a SIM update. Since after the 2nd reboot it correctly showed my phone # in Status and my Messaging app, etc.

All is well, on the charger overnight, wake up this morning and use it everything is fine. At almost exactly 8:30AM while sitting idle/screen off it reboots again?!

Not sure if this is due to the tons of apps I have on or was again a network related reboot. I know in the past when I had GSM phones, the carrier can definitely initiate a reboot due to a SIM update. Having it happen at exactly 8:30AM seems bizarre. It's super fast and no lag or crashes otherwise.

I'm going to use it more today and keep an eye on it but just FYI. Anybody with it experiencing anything similar?

BarryH_GEG

Jan 16, 2009
Spokane, Washington
Check out this review of the GSlate by PC Mag. One of the cons is "occasionally reboots." I think LG has some 'splaining to do. This is their second device (third if you separate O2X from G2X) to suffer the problem.

Pros
First 4G tablet. Powerful Tegra 2 processor. Excellent HD screen, with HD output capability. Shoots and plays 3D footage (glasses included). Affordably-priced (after rebate) for 32GB capacity. Generally intuitive user interface. Dual-facing cameras. Video chat.

Cons
Default Honeycomb home screen feels cluttered. Flash 10.2 beta is buggy. Strange, off-center orientation for front-facing camera. Occasionally reboots, unprovoked, when idle. Android Market needs more Honeycomb apps.​

mobilehavoc

Mar 12, 2006
Strange how LG could be causing this on both devices since they are both stock Android! My Moto XOOM with Honeycomb has it's issues as well because it's an early OS but having occassional reboots on Froyo 2.2.2 is not acceptable.

I'm hoping it's related to an app or something. Once more people get the phone we should be able to see if it's an isolated or widespread problem.

VICosPhi

Aug 2, 2010
Phoenix
Its definitely not the LG's custom UI that is causing random reboots. I really hope its not the hardware!

mobilehavoc

Mar 12, 2006
That's the 2X right? Doubt the same update will apply to us but here's hoping. Anybody else with a G2X having this? It could just have been me and the phone being provisioned. I've had it for less than 24 hours.

smashpunks

Aug 6, 2010
Portland
Lets not jump to conclusions just yet.. My phones have rebooted due to my doings, lets see if others have the issue first before blaming the issue on this phone too.

knslyr

Aug 17, 2009
Just received my G2X today and have experienced the random reboot thing twice in about 3 hours.

Will keep an eye on it today and report back later.

mobilehavoc

Mar 12, 2006
Just received my G2X today and have experienced the random reboot thing twice in about 3 hours.

Will keep an eye on it today and report back later.
New customer or existing? I know by saying I'm jinxing myself but it's been 7 hours so far without a reboot.

Were you on Wifi when it happened? Were you using Wifi calling? Let's start putting together a picture.

se1zure31

Jul 25, 2010
Don't worry me like this! My phone is arriving tomorrow! Also when you guys got your phones did you plug it in and let it fully charge before playing with it? I know it would be hard not to just turn it on...

mobilehavoc

Mar 12, 2006
Just rebooted again while I was walking the dog and listening to a podcast so first time while I was using it. I think it might have to do with GPS use. The CNN app I installed last night uses it a ton and I think it causes the issue.

Anybody else having this using CNN or another GPS heavy app.

I've turned off GPS for now. Before this reboot it had been up for 10h
Don't worry me like this! My phone is arriving tomorrow! Also when you guys got your phones did you plug it in and let it fully charge before playing with it? I know it would be hard not to just turn it on...

Sent from my LG-P999 using XDA App

Last edited:

mobilehavoc

Mar 12, 2006
For whatever reason turning off GPS has made the phone even faster. Maybe there's a bug or memory leak related to GPS? Here's hoping we don't get any more reboots.

Sent from my LG-P999 using XDA App

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Other than the reboot how was the GPS? :)

Seriously, I'm very interested in GPS experiences. Thanks.

I'm in Davis, CA and it got a lock on me inside my apartment in under 5 seconds. Pretty impressive.
    I am having many issues with reboots and freezes. So much so I went back to my HD2. The phone is not usable. I bought two at the same time and did not root the other one. My wife is using it with no problems.

Could rooting the phone be the problem? I used the method in this forum. Which Super One Click version have people been using? 1.8 or 1.65?

How badly do you want to figure this out?

You could start by doing a factory reset on the rebooting one. Make all settings match the good phone. Does it still reboot? If so, it's likely a HW problem. If not, then root it again and add no apps. Does it reboot? If so, problem is rooting. Unroot to verify. If it's not rebooting after rooting, then add apps one at a time until the culprit is found.

You might also find out that the factory reset solved the problem, as some others have reported. :)