New Netflix App

Search This thread

matr1x_

Aug 5, 2010
Did you have to root in order to use Netflix? Sorry if it sounds dumb but I'm thinking of buying one.

Sent from my PG86100 using XDA App

agnt2000

Jul 21, 2011
Works for me

This worked well for me--Thanks! No fiddling with any other files, just signed into Netflix account and it worked.

patruns

May 30, 2011

Actually, it is not. Rooted means you have kept the stock ROM and simply opened it up so you can install the market and other apps not in the Nook app store. CM7 is a custom ROM that replaces the stock ROM. While the distinction may not sound important, it is if someone follows the wrong instructions when trying to return a Nook Color to stock form such as if they have a warranty issue. :)

A

ace7196

Actually, it is not. Rooted means you have kept the stock ROM and simply opened it up so you can install the market and other apps not in the Nook app store. CM7 is a custom ROM that replaces the stock ROM. While the distinction may not sound important, it is if someone follows the wrong instructions when trying to return a Nook Color to stock form such as if they have a warranty issue. :)
Really? CM7 isn't rooted? Wow. You're probably are one of the people who "bricked" a NC as well, eh?

Rooted (as joenathane says) means you can do w/e the hell you want to the OS (super-user/administrator rights). CM7 (and nearly all after markets roms) are rooted.

patruns

May 30, 2011
Really? CM7 isn't rooted? Wow. You're probably are one of the people who "bricked" a NC as well, eh?

No need for sarcasm. What I meant was when you follow the instructions for rooting your Nook Color you are really keeping the stock ROM and opening it up. When you install CM7 you are replacing the stock ROM with a custom ROM. Yes, it is still rooted but it is not the stock ROM. The instructions for doing and undoing this are different depending on which way you go and I did not want people to be confused if they try to undo what they previously did.

And no, I have note bricked mine. You can't brick a NC since you can always boot from a SD card. You can get it to the point where many would give up, but you cannot brick it.

A

ace7196

No need for sarcasm. What I meant was when you follow the instructions for rooting your Nook Color you are really keeping the stock ROM and opening it up. When you install CM7 you are replacing the stock ROM with a custom ROM. Yes, it is still rooted but it is not the stock ROM. The instructions for doing and undoing this are different depending on which way you go and I did not want people to be confused if they try to undo what they previously did.

And no, I have note bricked mine. You can't brick a NC since you can always boot from a SD card. You can get it to the point where many would give up, but you cannot brick it.

Hehe...just making sure you know what's up ;)

This is a noob question. I probably should know the answer, but I don't.

I downloaded the apk file. Where on the SD card do I put it to get it to run?

I know how to get to the root menu and/or to connect the Nook via USB. I have heard about "pushing" an app to the device, but I don't know how to do it.

Thanks.

PS. I also bought a copy of Root Explorer.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Dont know if any one else has tried it but the new NetFlix app seems to work with out using the netflix fixer app here is here the link from androidpolice site if anyone else wants to give it a try.

http://www.multiupload.com/3A8C4GWL8R
    While we're on teminology... technically... stock, CM7 or any of the others are NOT ROM... ROM is "Read Only Memory"... but on the nook ROM is a partition that contains device specific information... but it is writable... so not even TECHNICALLY ROM...

stock, CM7, and MOST other operating systems for the nook are AOSP operating systems... some are simply operating systems (OS's) while CM7 and the other open source OS's are Android Open Source Projects (AOSP)

But this has nothing to do with the OP... so I digress further.