[APP] NClip (Notifications /w clipboard integration)

Search This thread

havok123

Retired Recognized Developer
Mar 1, 2010
Updated and nicer

I once had an idea for this app, so i started learning Java to make it happen.

I had a need to keep important information from my clipboard at the front of my attention (e.g text message,email etc) so I added some features and the result is NClip

-----
512x512.png

screen3uz.png
screen1oa.png
screen2li.png
screen4uv.png

Create custom notifications using the clipboard contents or a custom message. Ongoing notifications and customizable icons.
•Fast and efficient
•Clipboard integration
•Over 25 icons
•Ongoing notifications
•Compatible with all resolution screens
•and more coming soon!

Search nclip in market
Desktop market - https://market.android.com/details?id=com.havmedia.nclip
AppBrain - http://www.appbrain.com/app/nclip-clipboard-notifications/com.havmedia.nclip

Last edited:

VeEuzUKY

Oct 10, 2008
Suggestions

This is a great great app and a really good idea.. but I wanna give you some suggestions. The GUI is messy and doesn't properly use space.

On the very top is the Clipboard entry area (this should be at the bottom as its not usually used) it occupies immediately 1/2 of the screen with a large area that is totally wasted. Then, if there are contents on the clipboard they are not displayed nicely in the window (really ugly).

Then because of large unused area for the clipboard, now the Custom entry are is hidden when the keyboard is pulled-up (which by the way should pop-up immediately and it doesn't). Then if I want to add an icon, that menu selection is at the very bottom, so I have to close the keyboard to get there and, that menu doesn't have icon previews, just bullets (it needs icon previews as like the PICK ICON menu item). Finally the NOTE CUSTOM MESSAGE is at the very bottom (worse place), needs to be at the top.

All this makes a single entry an endless effort of way too many clicks to get anything done. I'm on a 7" Galaxy Tab. Look at the screenshots and get inspired:)

Finally, for this app to make ANY SENSE, it needs to be AS EASY TO ACCESS AS THE NOTES IT CREATES!!!!!!!!!! So, make it run as a hidden notification so it can be pulled down from the taskbar and activated (like the app Clipper - Clipboard manager for example.. you can check it out on the market if you are not sure what I mean)

Really nice app though. I want to love it.. you just need to make it right now:)

Attachments

• snap20111020_105900.png
    snap20111020_105900.png
    33.1 KB · Views: 166
  • snap20111020_105931.png
    snap20111020_105931.png
    70.5 KB · Views: 163
  • snap20111020_110657.png
    snap20111020_110657.png
    78.5 KB · Views: 160

havok123

Mar 1, 2010
I've already added some features to the program, including the short cut you suggested, just my keystore is 100+ miles away on my desktop so I cant yet publish the update (its been sitting around for over a month).

I have also updated the gui, it shows only what is relevant at a given moment and keyboard no longer poses an issue on my nexus s, literally the app has everything you want (its just not published), i'm working on it :D

VeEuzUKY

Oct 10, 2008
I've already added some features to the program, including the short cut you suggested, just my keystore is 100+ miles away on my desktop so I cant yet publish the update (its been sitting around for over a month).

I have also updated the gui, it shows only what is relevant at a given moment and keyboard no longer poses an issue on my nexus s, literally the app has everything you want (its just not published), i'm working on it :D

havok123, thanks for the feedback, this is great news! I didn't mean at all to be harsh or overly criticizing.. think your app is truly fantastic and therefor I just would like it you to get it perfect! I'm happy you decided to learn Java just to program this... totally worth it!:)

When you have an update for the or if you want me to help you beta test/trouble shoot an updated version, post the info here on the thread or PM me. Id love to help you if I can.

Keep up the great work and when its perfect make a paid version. It will be worth it and I think many people would buy it. You can definitely count me in and your work should be rewarded!

havok123

Mar 1, 2010
Just uploaded update finally.

Updated to 3.0

Changelog:
What's in this version:

N Clip Shortcut

Edit notifications on click

Updated GUI

Bug fixes

VeEuzUKY

Oct 10, 2008
Great update, interface much more workable & cleaner.

One suggestion that immediately comes 2mind is, get rid of the sticky app icon that shows up on taskbar when selecting the enable shortcut option. No ned & cluttery. IfU add a note without chooding custom icon, now there are DOUBLE app icons on the taskbar being displayed one of which is NOT a note.. very confusing and unecessary.

If the enable shortcut opion is chosen, we know its there in the pulldown menu already, thats enough &keeps taskbar cleaner for actual notifications only:)

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts