Will the wallpaper resizing issue be fixed in ics?

Search This thread

Onumis

Nov 18, 2010
Do we know if the resizing issue with wallpapers is going to be fixed in ics?

Sent from my GT-P7510 using xda premium

Last edited:

falcon26

Jul 19, 2010
That is the one thing that really ticks me off about Android devices. Unless it is the stock wallpaper you have to jump threw hoops to get it to size correctly on your screen. On Apple devices its as simple as 1 click. Why can't Android do that??

Alcnaeon

Jun 12, 2010
twitter.com
What's the "resizing issue" in the first place?

On HC devices, try setting an image as your wallpaper. Even if the image is really high-res, it only allows you to select a very small portion of the picture to use as a wallpaper. The end result is, your selection gets all blown-up and pixelated. It's nigh-impossible to get a good-looking, full-res wallpaper without using one of the stock wallpapers or a workaround.

Stardate Tab 10.1

Aug 5, 2011
Is this really a honeycomb issue or is it the form factor of the screen needing to have a wallpaper that fits portrait and landscape? I wonder how wallpaper selection is on the smaller galaxy tabs?

sent from Tapatalk App

mrvtec69

Apr 26, 2011
...Why does the image have to move when I rotate it?

think about what you have said.

if you have a landscape picture then rotate ur screen to portrait youll get black bars top and bottom.

Landscape height = 800pixels
Portrait height = 1280 pixels

then youll start complaing why do i have black bars when my screen is in portrait mode -_-

DBBGBA

Apr 9, 2010
New York
think about what you have said.

if you have a landscape picture then rotate ur screen to portrait youll get black bars top and bottom.

Landscape height = 800pixels
Portrait height = 1280 pixels

then youll start complaing why do i have black bars when my screen is in portrait mode -_-

Actually his question is legit. Why the picture has to rotate? Let's say he wants to use a picture of a metal grid as the background, that picture doesn't really have to move or rotate (just like it happens on computers). There should be an option in the settings to allow this, I completely agree with him even if I doubt I'll use it very often.

Vlad_z

Mar 25, 2011
...and if you want to have a nice landscape as a background picture?

You rotate your tab 180 and trees are growing upside down.

FricoRico

Sep 23, 2010
You guys do realize that this is not a bug or error.. It's a feature, the small portion you are referring to is the actual homescreen.. When you select a wallpaper it's a sort of cross. Why is it a cross? Well when you open the app drawer the wallpaper scrolls down to give another perspective.. So basicly, the horizontal bar of the cross is the actual wallpaper on the homescreen. The vertical bar is for scrolling up in the app drawer. If you don't want that move to another launcher, or set wallpaper scrolling to off.

xManMythLegend

Dec 1, 2008
NYC
lol @ feature.

Lets make sure the picture you want as a desktop....the thing most easily identifiable as customizing....the thing youve been doing with your desktop since windows 98....lets make sure we make it the biggest pain in the ass for you to change it to what you want.

Its ugly ,its stupid ,and useless.

All 3rd party apps door poor jobs of keeping the original res.

So AGAIN...does ICS fix this ? Anyone with half a brain or 15 seconds of Android use knows that a pain this is.

mike-y

Feb 7, 2008
Los Angeles
if you resize your wallpaper to 1900x1408 (or is it 1900x1425?), and the wallpaper won't be stretched. You have to use larger images than the screen resolution because of the way the wallpaper scrolls.

Though I do have to say, my HP touchpad (running ICS) renders wallpapers much better than the galaxy tab does. It does have a different aspect ratio though

Top Liked Posts